Waverly 42 Miami Trace 29 2022

Omega
SEOPS H

Waverly 42 Miami Trace 29 2022

Post by Omega »

Waverly travels to Miami Trace to open the 2022 high school football season.

The Tigers are coming off of a 9-2 playoff season in 2021 which featured an opening 42-3 win over the Panthers. Trace got better through the season, finishing 7-4 and securing a playoff berth.

As to this game, Trace would have to be a home favorite as Waverly lost 18 seniors from last year's squad and appear to be struggling in finding an offensive identity during the preseason.

Trace apparently returns more experience with a couple of D1 prospects.

With the scant write ups on both teams, I would expect a lowcscoring , defensive battle. For those in the know, what say you?
Last edited by Omega on Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 1: Waverly @ Miami Trace

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Luck to both….I have no idea on who will win this game.

MT at home needs the win more IMO.

Guess:

MT 34
Waverly 20

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Trace is strong up front on both sides of the ball. The d1 tackle is the real deal. They were 50-50 run pass. We gave up some big plays to them but they struggled to score in the red zone. Special teams not live but they had a nice kicker

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Wav by 11

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Honestly not for sure what to make of this one, it's week 1 we have Waverly replacing so many seniors but they return a strong nucleus up front. Defense has been solid so far but offense has struggled to get going, is that because we're keeping it vanilla or because we're unable to do it. I think we're going to find out Friday, Waverly needs this one in a big way I'll go Waverly 27-21.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tough one to call with so much talent lost by Waverly. I mean I'm looking at 2 teams that played last season with Waverly coming out on top 42-3, I think just going off of that I would find it hard to believe there's that much of a talent swing to close up that kind of gap. Should be lower scoring Waverly 20-13

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:42 pm Good Luck to both….I have no idea on who will win this game.

MT at home needs the win more IMO.

Guess:

MT 34
Waverly 20
I’d say with Waverly’s schedule and the uncertainty on the offensive side of the ball Waverly needs this one more.
Not the best year for only 4 home games and having to travel to Johnstown Monroe and Johnson Central.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:19 pm Tough one to call with so much talent lost by Waverly. I mean I'm looking at 2 teams that played last season with Waverly coming out on top 42-3, I think just going off of that I would find it hard to believe there's that much of a talent swing to close up that kind of gap. Should be lower scoring Waverly 20-13
If you look at last years game stats provided by @smurray it looks like the Tigers have graduated 75% of the total yards they generated in that matchup:

https://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/v ... it=Waverly

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

I think Waverly will have to allow there players to settle in at there positions and push confidence to these young kids. I believe they will get better every game as long as they don't coach there way out of it like they did at Portsmouth the other day; however, this is why i say scrimmages should be closed. They are intended to work on what works and what doesn't. I think the Tigers come away with a win.
Good luck this year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Omega wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:21 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:19 pm Tough one to call with so much talent lost by Waverly. I mean I'm looking at 2 teams that played last season with Waverly coming out on top 42-3, I think just going off of that I would find it hard to believe there's that much of a talent swing to close up that kind of gap. Should be lower scoring Waverly 20-13
If you look at last years game stats provided by @smurray it looks like the Tigers have graduated 75% of the total yards they generated in that matchup:

Yeah when you have a QB throw for 351 in a game that's typically going to be that way doesn't really change anything in my mind as far as a 39 point gap. Miami Trace graduated a big part of their offense in losing their running back.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:12 am

Yeah when you have a QB throw for 351 in a game that's typically going to be that way doesn't really change anything in my mind as far as a 39 point gap. Miami Trace graduated a big part of their offense in losing their running back.
They lost a two-year starter at QB as well in Weston Melvin.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:30 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:12 am

They lost a two-year starter at QB as well in Weston Melvin.
Yeah but judging by the stats in that game, not a major loss. The major loss I would think would be the RB, was fortunate enough to see him play last year and really enjoyed the heart the kid played with, one of the players that really stuck out in my mind of guys I watched last year.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

Waverly

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Pulling for the Panthers in this one! 31-21 MT.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MT should be able to win @home

It’s week 1. So whoever makes the least amount of mistakes.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I know it will be a pretty different team from last year but if Hurd runs as well if not better as last year I think Waverly will be in it to win a lot of games, that’s also dependent on how well the defense is. I think we start out 1-0 this year
Waverly by 5

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

This game could be 28-7 either way or a dogfight. Don’t see a lot of firepower for either team this early in the year. Good Luck to both teams!

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly still has talent. They win

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Game day good luck Geaux Tigers

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
LetsBeReal