Vinton County Vikings 2022

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Re: Is Vinton County Overrated?

Post by Albundy33 »

Vc has to prove they belong just because of a few added players does mean you will be a superb team they still have a weak schedule other than a few games will have to see how it turns out

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

These boys ain’t overrated
I been seeing them bust heads out at Zaleski since back in June
They just fine tuning now so they can take that trophy. I would bet a case of Blatz on it.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Hard to make predictions on how good a team really is after the first scrimmage. Scrimmages will tell you what you need to improve on or change but you can’t really predict how successful a team will be after a scrimmage. I’ve seen teams look terrible in a scrimmage and end up having great seasons.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Can we keep in mind that this program is only a few years removed from being the doormat of the TVC? This is a program that has climbed back to mediocrity over the last 5 years and has the potential to take the next step. Only trolls are setting VC up for a state title or bust scenario. VC had a winning record last year. The next step is to win a conference title and a playoff game. Let’s start there. Is Viking Nation excited? You better believe we are. Are we always excited? No matter what we are. The ceiling is high, that’s for certain. Let’s take it one step at a time.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Trolls be everywhere. Everyone needs to keep in mind that it has been forever since VC has won the TVC in football. They haven't even won a conference title in this millennium. Goal #1, is week 1 vs Unioto. Yes, one of the overall goals is to win the TVC for the first time since 1999. This team has that capability, and perhaps more. They won't blow anyone's mind, but it's a welcome site to have this type of excitement back in VC football.

Goal #1 is week #1 vs the Sherman Tanks.

Good luck to all teams.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

We are not overrated...WE ARE UNDERRATED! We will be so dominant that we will schedule Ohio University, OSU, and Cincinnati for non-conference games. If you are outside the county, YOU DON'T KNOW. And if you don't know....shut your pie hole. Troll. :lol:

It continues to amaze me of the level of idiocy that is espoused on here. I mean I get it, some of it is fun, good nature, but to be malice and condescending, well that says more about you. Remember, "It is better to be thought of a fool, than to open mouth and remove all doubt."

The Vikings should be exciting this year. They were already going to be good, but yes, the "transfers" will help push them to the next level. The Molihan kid is just built different. Garrett Brown, was a Viking before he was a Rocket, just saying, he is a very solid and skilled athlete who can play a number of roles. Faught, a sophomore, is probably the best athlete in that class, he will add size and speed, and has a promising future. Hayburn, from Southeastern, sophomore, will add speed and athleticism to the Vikings. And finally Yates, freshman, also, he was a Viking before he was anything else, he will add athleticism, intelligence, and size to the Vikings. It should be a fun year...here is to everyone staying healthy.

As far as the Coal Grove thing, through the coaching grapevine, Coal Grove should be really good this year. Which begs that question, are they overrated because they "smashed" an underrated team? Or, are they are underrated because they beat an overrated team? Maybe, the Vikings have some learning to do, or, they played everyone to get their opportunities to showcase their talent. I guess we will see.

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

It amazes me the amount of people on here who constantly complain about what others post. I mean some of you seem to get really angry. And the "troll" label is used more than the "racist" label has been applied to Trump. Any time many of you don't like what someone posts you cry "troll." By doing so, and complaining, you are doing exactly what a "troll" would want you to do. But keep up the good work guys because if you disagree with them they have to be a "troll," right? :lol:

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

It amazes me the number of people who can't just a read a post they disagree with and that be that. No, they get emotional or all in their feelings and cry out troll, or poke fun of the "level of idiocy" from some of us bc they don't like what they read. There are far more people talking about you behind your back regardless of what school you root for, than there are on here posting for you to see. 😉

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

“can we keep in mind” majority of the people commenting regularly have never played football, let alone a sport in their life.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

VC94 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:57 pm “can we keep in mind” majority of the people commenting regularly have never played football, let alone played any sport. Thanks

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

VC94 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:57 pm “can we keep in mind” majority of the people commenting regularly have never played football, let alone a sport in their life.
I agree that saying vc is overrated after one scrimmage is ridiculous but how can you tell if people in here have played sports or not lol

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:10 pm
VC94 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:57 pm “can we keep in mind” majority of the people commenting regularly have never played football, let alone a sport in their life.
I agree that saying vc is overrated after one scrimmage is ridiculous but how can you tell if people in here have played sports or not lol
Because I know who comments on here that is from VC specifically. Dundas and many others have NEVER put a set of shoulder pads on, have never been in a locker room at halftime, have never experienced defeat after a long off season working towards something. But yet they comment and have social media show like they know anything at all. Only in Vc

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

VC94 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:19 pm
Because I know who comments on here that is from VC specifically. Dundas and many others have NEVER put a set of shoulder pads on, have never been in a locker room at halftime, have never experienced defeat after a long off season working towards something. But yet they comment and have social media show like they know anything at all. Only in Vc
So go ahead and “Lol”

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Why are do you attacking me 94? Do you know how many hours I’ve donated to VC athletes? Do you know that I have multiple varsity letters as an athlete? Lol Does that matter? You sound bitter. I’ll tell you what, you can take over the play by play I do for VC this fall. It’s all yours.

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

Are bob and Jeff not doing the games anymore

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Albundy33 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:17 pm Are bob and Jeff not doing the games anymore
They will be doing the radio broadcasts.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

VC94 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:21 pm
So go ahead and “Lol”
Relax brother

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Trolls all over this post. 😂

Return to “Football”