Chillicothe Cavaliers 2022 Thoughts

Bozo
S

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers 2022 Thoughts

Post by Bozo »

West Jeff is a very good small football program. It has been for decades.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:52 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:41 pm Saw the first half of the scrimmage tonight.
16-14 Chilly up at the half.
Chillicothe has a lot of athletes.
Players that stood out to me,
#44. Kid is a beast and he loves contact. He wants all the smoke.
#17 had a few nice plays on defense and big hits.
#12 the wideout, several nice catches a deep threat to take it to the house from anywhere.
#13 was in the mix about everywhere, have to say didn't stand out on offense but defense is always around the ball.
Several other athletes #16,#2, etc.
#8 QB1 made nice throws, capable with his feet.
Lines played well on both sides of the ball.
West Jefferson was a well coached team, smooth on offense, screen game is beast mode.
Saw same thing , Chillicothe is legit . Definitely the front runner . Why scrimmage such a small school though?
Size of the school does not matter if they are a good football school. Im sure many of the schools from the Mac can play with much larger schools. If your wanting to have your team play a good fundamental to make your team better then nothing wrong with playing a smaller school

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

wch125 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:51 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:52 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:41 pm Saw the first half of the scrimmage tonight.
16-14 Chilly up at the half.
Chillicothe has a lot of athletes.
Players that stood out to me,
#44. Kid is a beast and he loves contact. He wants all the smoke.
#17 had a few nice plays on defense and big hits.
#12 the wideout, several nice catches a deep threat to take it to the house from anywhere.
#13 was in the mix about everywhere, have to say didn't stand out on offense but defense is always around the ball.
Several other athletes #16,#2, etc.
#8 QB1 made nice throws, capable with his feet.
Lines played well on both sides of the ball.
West Jefferson was a well coached team, smooth on offense, screen game is beast mode.
Saw same thing , Chillicothe is legit . Definitely the front runner . Why scrimmage such a small school though?
Size of the school does not matter if they are a good football school. Im sure many of the schools from the Mac can play with much larger schools. If your wanting to have your team play a good fundamental to make your team better then nothing wrong with playing a smaller school
Absolutely correct you definitely want your last tuneup to be against a discipline well coached and highly successful team West Jeff is definitely that the QB is a stud and they have a couple very good receivers who made some big catches under tight pressure. I like what I see from Chillicothe they look to be very well coached under the new regime. Teaysvalley next week should be fun.

jakebiz22
Waterboy

Post by jakebiz22 »

The only thing keeping West Jeff from making deep playoff runs is they are in Coldwater’s region.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Nothing wrong with scrimmaging a traditionally strong program like West Jeff

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

Ohio1234 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:26 pm Chillicothe looked solid tonight against a very good d5 team in west Jeff, Tre King #12 is going to be very good always had crazy athleticism but looks like he’s finally put it all together breakout season watch for him. Chilli didn’t show much on offense or defense but looks to be solid in all three phases loved them in the two minute offense to close the half 70 yards to punch it in the end zone. Didn’t see much of Galloway on offense dropped a beautiful deep ball in the end zone played well at linebacker though
West Jeff is D6 been there for a while

WJOSUSteelers
Waterboy

Post by WJOSUSteelers »

Chillicothe was also at West Jefferson for a 7on7 earlier this summer along with Olentangy, North Union, Vinton County and Westfall. I believe Chillicothe new head coach Scott Bartholomew (and his son who coaches Olentangy) and the WJ coach have known each other for quite some time. They all appear to work well together as WJ has scrimmage Bloom Carroll for the last 6 years or so when the Bartholoomew’s were.

WJ is breaking in 15+ starters so it’s great to see where one is vs a solid team like Chillicothe. I know the Cavs have the LSU commit and it sounds like another 3 or 4 players who may be scholarship possibilities. Good luck in the upcoming season.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

WJOSUSteelers wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:21 pm Chillicothe was also at West Jefferson for a 7on7 earlier this summer along with Olentangy, North Union, Vinton County and Westfall. I believe Chillicothe new head coach Scott Bartholomew (and his son who coaches Olentangy) and the WJ coach have known each other for quite some time. They all appear to work well together as WJ has scrimmage Bloom Carroll for the last 6 years or so when the Bartholoomew’s were.

WJ is breaking in 15+ starters so it’s great to see where one is vs a solid team like Chillicothe. I know the Cavs have the LSU commit and it sounds like another 3 or 4 players who may be scholarship possibilities. Good luck in the upcoming season.
Not sure the knock on why they were scrimmaging, but both teams looked solid and will have good years. Good luck to both!

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:26 pm
WJOSUSteelers wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:21 pm Chillicothe was also at West Jefferson for a 7on7 earlier this summer along with Olentangy, North Union, Vinton County and Westfall. I believe Chillicothe new head coach Scott Bartholomew (and his son who coaches Olentangy) and the WJ coach have known each other for quite some time. They all appear to work well together as WJ has scrimmage Bloom Carroll for the last 6 years or so when the Bartholoomew’s were.

Not sure the knock on why they were scrimmaging, but both teams looked solid and will have good years. Good luck to both!
The size differential is a little odd. But like was mentioned earlier , west Jefferson is a very formidable small school. It’s not they scrimmaged southeastern or Huntington. People make comments on chat forums from
time to time.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

I'm excited to watch the Cavs this season. Could be an exciting year for them!

bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:39 am
bengals05 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 pm
Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:01 am A lot of excitement around Chillicothe football this summer
Here is my preview pertaining to the upcoming season.

Chillicothe looks to continue to be a solid force in the FAC and will once again meet Jackson week 10 for the league title but before then let’s break down the top players to look at for Chillicothe.

1. Tayvion Galloway the 6’5 230 rising Junior looks to show the state why he has garnered over 28 d1 offers and over half of those being power 5 recently committing to LSU. Galloway may be the most Physically gifted athlete in the area and has a work ethic to match putting on 20 pounds of muscle this off season, Galloway has the ability to take over the game on offense and defense I look for his junior season to be his coming out party.

2. Maxwell Lee, the 5’11 195 pound senior Captain and heartbeat of the team maxwell has put up some great numbers over the course of his career at Chillicothe as a linebacker he has recorded almost 200 tackles 90 plus coming in his junior campaign. He is also a physical runner between the tackles and will be chillicothe’s short yardage and goal line go to back to move the chains and get in the end zone. Maxwell just received his first D1 offer yesterday from Campbell University.

3. Quinlan Netter, Q is a freak athlete who I believe is the pound for pound Best Player on this Chillicothe team the 5’10 175 pound Athlete plays multiple positions Slot, RB, and Corner I look for Q to take over the game in all 3 phases for Chillicothe this season, There won’t be many kids that can catch him in open field, and He has received D1 offers as a Lockdown CB which is the position he will play at the next level.

4. Mason Doughty the 6’2 200 pound senior QB, has struggled with consistency over the past couple years a lot do to lack of development and offensive scheme with the last coaching staff. Doughty has all the physical skills rocket for an arm size and strength, not the most mobile but physical, his struggles come with Accuracy and pocket presence, he gets a bit overwhelmed. If doughty can stay calm and manage games this team can be special.

5. Shawn Smith this 6’0 170 pound sophomore running back has all the gifts size, speed, vision was unstoppable at the middle school level and was a major part in the regional Chillicothe 4 by 100 team. I look for smith to have a breakout season this year for the cavs.

Overall outlook, Chillicothe has the horses to make a run in region 11 but will they produce is the question. Tough non conference schedule with Teaysvalley, London, Westerville North, waverly, Logan. Then all roads lead to Jackson week 10.
Teaysvalley is coming off of a great season and has a couple studs and a freshman running back that is electric
Prediction (Toss up)

London is a well oiled machine and has consistently been in the playoffs in region 11
Prediction ( Loss)

Westerville North, lower end Division 1 occ program but the talent level and numbers alone will be a lot for Chillicothe to contend with
Prediction (Loss)

Waverly has been a solid d4 program but lost a lot of talent from last seasons team.
Prediction (Win)

Logan, historically a solid program but have struggled the past 5 or 6 years but even in their down years play Chillicothe very tough.
Prediction (Win)

Jackson, Jackson has been Chillicothe’s biggest threat since joining the FAC and top to bottom return a lot of studs beginning with Jacob Winters the Ohio Bobcat commit (I believe) If both teams stay healthy this game will be one of the best of the year in the area.
Prediction (Toss up)

I see this Chillicothe team being 8-2 or 7-3 and punching a ticket into the region 11 playoffs, should be an exciting year and hope all the athletes in the area stay healthy and enjoy those Friday night lights.
When has Galloway ever taken over a game? Didn't even dominate in SVC!! Whoever his agent is needs a raise because I don't get it!!
You don't have to get it. You're not a scout at the highest level.
You know he went to Auburn this summer and was camp MVP for the TE's. They must be delusional right?
Don't have to be a high level scout to see non production against SVC competition!! Maybe he just plays when he feels like it?? I see he had a couple of scores tonight so maybe it is in there?? Hope he does succeed at the next level. We always root for the southern Ohio boys no matter where they go!!

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Great win, on to the next.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Coach Bart has had lots of success in his coaching career and now is coaching the deepest team he’s had talent wise.

That should be an excellent recipe for a successful year. Good start for the Cavaliers.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Boy I liked what I saw from the Cavs. Might be one of best teams in this whole area. Good work boys.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:11 am Coach Bart has had lots of success in his coaching career and now is coaching the deepest team he’s had talent wise.

That should be an excellent recipe for a successful year. Good start for the Cavaliers.
Totally agree thought it was a great higher by Chillicothe, I think they've finally got someone in there that is going to get the best out of the talent there and he's going to develop it as well.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:39 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 pm Oh, that's awesome! I played with Shawn in college...always thought a lot of him. I hope he's doing well.
Humble brag 🤦🏻‍♂️

J/K lol
I think we won a total of 8 games while I was there...not much to brag about! lol

Return to “Football”