Top 5 Most important games of the 2022 season for teams

wch125
All State

Top 5 Most important games of the 2022 season for teams

Post by wch125 »

I'm just starting this because I think it would be a great topic , Im more familiar with teams in FAC but will try and cover most of SE. So this is a starting point before you all roast me lol !
Disclaimer I'm a home town guy so I maybe biased lol

1. Washington CH vs Miami Trace this rivalry throws all records out the door . This will have playoff impications on the line this year. Miami Trace is coming off a win last year in the series and will want to keep the travelling trophy

2. Jackson v Chillicothe - This could determine the FAC championship and will probably determine if someone host a game or not in the playoffs. Some strange things happen in this series when a team is expected to win

3. Ironton v Wheelersburg This is a a great rivalry and the fact its week 1 ! No team in southern ohio has the weight and expectations on their shoulders like Ironton. If they win they do what they should have done......... but a loss to Wheelersburg wow that shocks the world except for those in Wheelersburg . Great thing is its week 1 and whoever loses will bounce back .

4. Fort Frye vs John Glenn another early season match up that will help both teams in the playoffs . I do not know who will win this im leaning towards John glenn but wont be surprised if Fort comes away with a victory they have been great over the past few years.

5. Waverly vs Wheelersburg this could be a pivotal game in the season for Wheelersburg . Depending on how the first 4 games go for Waverly. This could be a make or break game in the season. Always seems to be a good game anyway but could have more implications on the tigers season.

6. Coal Grove v Ironton this game is a big one for Coal Grove not so much for Ironton except for playoff points and seeding . A win here for Coal Grove would be huge as they could be coming into this game undefeated. Win for Ironton business as usual

7. Vinton County v Trimble - Big game both teams more so for Vinton . This team seems to have a new swagger and seem really excited about he season . Yes this is an early season game but for Vinton a win here means the off season has gone well it also sets them up for the playoffs a loss and it could be a 6-4 season or worse .

8. Jackson v Western Brown this game is important because for Jackson this is a stretch of football during the season that will have some challenging games including Ironton and Tri valley. They could be coming in on 2-0 stretch 1-1 or 0-2. Add fire to this fuel with one of the top QB's in ohio this season and this makes for an interesting game. Western and Jackson have had some good games the past few years this year should be another good one

9. Zane Trace vs Paint VAlley - This game according to all will be for the SVC Championship but I feel Unioto could play spoiler in this debate. Both teams could be coming in with great records and the chance for the outright title on the line !

10.Gallia Academy v Portsmouth this game could have both teams potentially coming in undefeated or with 1 loss. Big momentum game for the rest of the season for both teams

Well this is my top 10 remember i did this just for fun and a talking point. Im no SE hs football guru but I do love football. Good Luck all teams this season !

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Top 5 Most important games of the 2022 season for teams

Post by smurray »

wch125 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:30 pm I'm just starting this because I think it would be a great topic , Im more familiar with teams in FAC but will try and cover most of SE. So this is a starting point before you all roast me lol !
Disclaimer I'm a home town guy so I maybe biased lol

1. Washington CH vs Miami Trace this rivalry throws all records out the door . This will have playoff impications on the line this year. Miami Trace is coming off a win last year in the series and will want to keep the travelling trophy

2. Jackson v Chillicothe - This could determine the FAC championship and will probably determine if someone host a game or not in the playoffs. Some strange things happen in this series when a team is expected to win

3. Ironton v Wheelersburg This is a a great rivalry and the fact its week 1 ! No team in southern ohio has the weight and expectations on their shoulders like Ironton. If they win they do what they should have done......... but a loss to Wheelersburg wow that shocks the world except for those in Wheelersburg . Great thing is its week 1 and whoever loses will bounce back .

4. Fort Frye vs John Glenn another early season match up that will help both teams in the playoffs . I do not know who will win this im leaning towards John glenn but wont be surprised if Fort comes away with a victory they have been great over the past few years.

5. Waverly vs Wheelersburg this could be a pivotal game in the season for Wheelersburg . Depending on how the first 4 games go for Waverly. This could be a make or break game in the season. Always seems to be a good game anyway but could have more implications on the tigers season.

6. Coal Grove v Ironton this game is a big one for Coal Grove not so much for Ironton except for playoff points and seeding . A win here for Coal Grove would be huge as they could be coming into this game undefeated. Win for Ironton business as usual

7. Vinton County v Trimble - Big game both teams more so for Vinton . This team seems to have a new swagger and seem really excited about he season . Yes this is an early season game but for Vinton a win here means the off season has gone well it also sets them up for the playoffs a loss and it could be a 6-4 season or worse .

8. Jackson v Western Brown this game is important because for Jackson this is a stretch of football during the season that will have some challenging games including Ironton and Tri valley. They could be coming in on 2-0 stretch 1-1 or 0-2. Add fire to this fuel with one of the top QB's in ohio this season and this makes for an interesting game. Western and Jackson have had some good games the past few years this year should be another good one

9. Zane Trace vs Paint VAlley - This game according to all will be for the SVC Championship but I feel Unioto could play spoiler in this debate. Both teams could be coming in with great records and the chance for the outright title on the line !

10.Gallia Academy v Portsmouth this game could have both teams potentially coming in undefeated or with 1 loss. Big momentum game for the rest of the season for both teams

Well this is my top 10 remember i did this just for fun and a talking point. Im no SE hs football guru but I do love football. Good Luck all teams this season !
5. The first 3 games for Waverly are must wins for an above .500 season. Games 4 and 5 are gonna be very tough and then league play with Wheelersburg and West as heavy favorites to fight it out for the league title. Valley will be improved and Minford with a great running back.
Not sure the Wheelersburg game will have more implications on the Tigers season but that would be a good thing if it comes down to that late in the season.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Gonna have to disagree with the Burg and Waverly. Atleast early implications says the first 5 games are gonna be tough for Waverly. Very tough non conference. Those first 5 games will set the tone for Waverly I believe. I think the biggest SOC game will be week 10 when West and Burg meet as long time rivals. Not knocking Waverly, they very well could be in the race, just early season guesses.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:03 pm Gonna have to disagree with the Burg and Waverly. Atleast early implications says the first 5 games are gonna be tough for Waverly. Very tough non conference. Those first 5 games will set the tone for Waverly I believe. I think the biggest SOC game will be week 10 when West and Burg meet as long time rivals. Not knocking Waverly, they very well could be in the race, just early season guesses.
I agree, and what I was trying to say…

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Going to do an all SVC top 5 games just for fun:

#1 - WEEK 9 ZT @ PV - I think many agree this will be the big one.

#2 - WEEK 8 PV @ THE U - PV has to beat the Shermans first to get to that Titanic matchup

#3 - WEEK 7 THE U @ ZT - As before, ZT has to get by the Shermans first to get to that huge game in week 9.

#4 - WEEK 4 HUNTINGTON @ THE U - Remember 2021? Roots vs. Recruits? The officials made the call, after making the call, after everyone thought the game ended. Just the carryover from that one should make this one worth the price.

#5 - WEEK 4 PIKETON @ ZT - Will it be possible for Piketon to continue their league winning streak or will ZT put an end to it and announce their intentions of winning the SVC?

Best of luck to all of the teams. Stay healthy men!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure about most important but Western Brown at Jackson is must see IMO

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:27 pm Not sure about most important but Western Brown at Jackson is must see IMO
100% agree I don't know exactly how important it is unless we're talking about playoff points. These 2 put on a couple really good games last season and unfortunately Western Brown has been moved to region 12 so they would both have to get very deep in the playoffs to meet up a 2nd time. Western Brown returns a ton of talent from last years team could be quite the show Novak vs that Jackson defense again and Western Brown vs that Jackson rushing game.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:59 am
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:27 pm Not sure about most important but Western Brown at Jackson is must see IMO
100% agree I don't know exactly how important it is unless we're talking about playoff points. These 2 put on a couple really good games last season and unfortunately Western Brown has been moved to region 12 so they would both have to get very deep in the playoffs to meet up a 2nd time. Western Brown returns a ton of talent from last years team could be quite the show Novak vs that Jackson defense again and Western Brown vs that Jackson rushing game.
I was talking about it being important in terms of playoff points for either team. This will help with the both teams with their seeding in there d3 regions . As both teams should earn some valuable points. Also if both teams are looking for playoff runs this is a great early season test that no doubt can help with playoff preparation. So its a very important early season game I feel.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wch125 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:41 am
I was talking about it being important in terms of playoff points for either team. This will help with the both teams with their seeding in there d3 regions . As both teams should earn some valuable points. Also if both teams are looking for playoff runs this is a great early season test that no doubt can help with playoff preparation. So its a very important early season game I feel.
That sounds a little better, if you look at Jackson's schedule after Logan in week 1 which is a DII school which helps but then they've got Ironton, Tri-Valley, Western Brown and Wheelersburg before league play starts. Talk about a schedule

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

For NY it's Trimble. They've lost 4 in a row and cannot afford to make it five. If they don't win with this team of speed and athletes the folks from the old guard will rear their ugly heads and demand a change. Good thing is NY should be heavily favored as Trimble seems to be way down from what they have been. Should be an easy win for NY and the start to a possible 10-0 season.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:20 am
wch125 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:41 am

That sounds a little better, if you look at Jackson's schedule after Logan in week 1 which is a DII school which helps but then they've got Ironton, Tri-Valley, Western Brown and Wheelersburg before league play starts. Talk about a schedule
Definitely a brutal stretch but one that can make a team playoff ready and ready for a deep run if you win during that stretch.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:08 pm Going to do an all SVC top 5 games just for fun:

#1 - WEEK 9 ZT @ PV - I think many agree this will be the big one.

#2 - WEEK 8 PV @ THE U - PV has to beat the Shermans first to get to that Titanic matchup

#3 - WEEK 7 THE U @ ZT - As before, ZT has to get by the Shermans first to get to that huge game in week 9.

#4 - WEEK 4 HUNTINGTON @ THE U - Remember 2021? Roots vs. Recruits? The officials made the call, after making the call, after everyone thought the game ended. Just the carryover from that one should make this one worth the price.

#5 - WEEK 4 PIKETON @ ZT - Will it be possible for Piketon to continue their league winning streak or will ZT put an end to it and announce their intentions of winning the SVC?

Best of luck to all of the teams. Stay healthy men!
Thanks those are some good looking games. I watched the Huntington and the end of U game that should make that game have some hype

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Jackson has some rough games the first half of the season. Ironton, burg, tri valley, and western brown. The Chillicothe game week 10 seems to always be a tough one most years

Return to “Football”