"But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

TriState_34

Re: "But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by TriState_34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:05 am
mustard wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:59 am

Exactly they won with their talent . Haven’t been close to a title since they graduated. 🤔
Exactly, they aren't getting them in like Ironton. It's a whole lot easier to win when you get help. Eventually you're going to out match your opponent.
[/quo
Agree it’s easier to win talent. No argument there.

All that "superior burg coaching" is goin on about a 5 year title game drought huh?

Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Re: "But the Transfers" The burg base cultivation of the pre meditated week one excuse

Post by Not A Homer »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:09 pm Lifetime Ironton guy here with major respect for Burg’s coaching staff and their kids. They work hard, play hard, and coach hard. They, like Ironton, are great representatives of southern Ohio blue collar football. I’m looking forward to a fun, entertaining game. I hope the Fighting Tigers pull it off and Burg goes 9-1.
refreshing to hear from a lifetime Ironton guy, I remember walking into the facilities whether for football or hoops and feeling the tradition there, cumulating in respect for the School District.

However now, as a visitor you pull up to "Pendleton for Prez" signs hanging on the fences and the greasiness of a used car salesmen in the air. It's sad he's made such a mockery of a once historic and respected community in the name of "doing it for the kids", when we all know he'll be heading outta town on his first opportunity.

I do think Ironton wins this one by a couple touchdowns, too much talent.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Not A Homer wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:11 pm
GoBigI wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:09 pm Lifetime Ironton guy here with major respect for Burg’s coaching staff and their kids. They work hard, play hard, and coach hard. They, like Ironton, are great representatives of southern Ohio blue collar football. I’m looking forward to a fun, entertaining game. I hope the Fighting Tigers pull it off and Burg goes 9-1.
refreshing to hear from a lifetime Ironton guy, I remember walking into the facilities whether for football or hoops and feeling the tradition there, cumulating in respect for the School District.

However now, as a visitor you pull up to "Pendleton for Prez" signs hanging on the fences and the greasiness of a used car salesmen in the air. It's sad he's made such a mockery of a once historic and respected community in the name of "doing it for the kids", when we all know he'll be heading outta town on his first opportunity.

I do think Ironton wins this one by a couple touchdowns, too much talent.
I remember when Fed Hock and Belpre had those used car salesmen as coaches. We see where their programs are now. :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.

Return to “Football”