Gridiron Classic @ Vinton County

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Gridiron Classic @ Vinton County

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:07 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:06 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:33 pm
He's a stud, that's why he's going to play at LSU.
Just don't like putting pressure on a jr, when who knows what's around him right now?
Jackson is clearly the favorite to win the FAC, in my opinion.
Hopefully Chilly can have a good season with their new coach.
Disagree and pressure comes with it.
We will see how many folks pick Chillicothe to beat Jackson when that game comes around. Regardless of that outcome and how tough Jackson is, Galloway gets to look forward to Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, etc. every year just to put that game and this season into perspective.

Agree , kid is phenomenal. Jackson will have to really scheme to keep him in check.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:03 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:27 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:33 pm
He's a stud, that's why he's going to play at LSU.
Just don't like putting pressure on a jr, when who knows what's around him right now?
Jackson is clearly the favorite to win the FAC, in my opinion.
Hopefully Chilly can have a good season with their new coach.
His recruiting service guy throwing out the impressive recruiting rankings on him is the pressure others will put on him. Every player his age is seeing that on Twitter, some will be enamored and in awe of his size and skill set …..others though are going to want a shot at him within the game. It’s football.
Absolutely, I doubt he cares too much what others think.
All he has to do is keep working in the classroom first, then on the field and weight room, and he has a shot most players from SEO don't. If Chillicothe turns out to not be good, LSU is not terrible....
I think he does care what others think but I think he’s greatly improved on that. He’s put a lot of grown up stuff on Twitter and if he truly believes what he’s tweeting (and I think he does) then he’s on the correct path to give this tremendous opportunity a chance.

I think the best comparison I can give somewhat locally is the late T.J. Turner….T.J. Had the god given body every LB and TE wanted…AND the fast twitch motor. Holy crap he was a beast on the high school field. OSU passed on him or he didn’t want to go there Hillsboro area and SW doesn’t care for OSU)….went to Mich St and was a stud and helped OSU NOT have a shot at National Chsmpionship by making the play on 4th and 1 with the entire country watching. Drafted by Patriots and was on kick off team and back up LB….sadly we know the rest of the story goes bad. With this comparison though….our first ever playoff game was vs T.J. And Hillsboro in 1996. You really couldn’t take your eyes off him but in the end, we avoided him enough while he was on defense and Hillsboro didn’t throw it at him much. When he did make a play….it was eye popping and clearly next level and beyond to everyone watching.

Galloway has that level of the body and I think the skill set and even more looks (though 25 years a lot has changed)….over these next 2 years I kinda need to see resemblance of what I remembered with Turner for me to believe he’s going to star at LSU while they are a top 10 school. I’m not rooting or betting against him, but I do need to see it. Turner also was a bully on the basketball court.

Side note Turner’s nephew played as a frosh at WCH last year and you could see some special special moments…but unfortunately he transferred out of the area.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:26 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:03 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:27 pm

His recruiting service guy throwing out the impressive recruiting rankings on him is the pressure others will put on him. Every player his age is seeing that on Twitter, some will be enamored and in awe of his size and skill set …..others though are going to want a shot at him within the game. It’s football.
Absolutely, I doubt he cares too much what others think.
All he has to do is keep working in the classroom first, then on the field and weight room, and he has a shot most players from SEO don't. If Chillicothe turns out to not be good, LSU is not terrible....
I think he does care what others think but I think he’s greatly improved on that. He’s put a lot of grown up stuff on Twitter and if he truly believes what he’s tweeting (and I think he does) then he’s on the correct path to give this tremendous opportunity a chance.

I think the best comparison I can give somewhat locally is the late T.J. Turner….T.J. Had the god given body every LB and TE wanted…AND the fast twitch motor. Holy crap he was a beast on the high school field. OSU passed on him or he didn’t want to go there Hillsboro area and SW doesn’t care for OSU)….went to Mich St and was a stud and helped OSU NOT have a shot at National Chsmpionship by making the play on 4th and 1 with the entire country watching. Drafted by Patriots and was on kick off team and back up LB….sadly we know the rest of the story goes bad. With this comparison though….our first ever playoff game was vs T.J. And Hillsboro in 1996. You really couldn’t take your eyes off him but in the end, we avoided him enough while he was on defense and Hillsboro didn’t throw it at him much. When he did make a play….it was eye popping and clearly next level and beyond to everyone watching.

Galloway has that level of the body and I think the skill set and even more looks (though 25 years a lot has changed)….over these next 2 years I kinda need to see resemblance of what I remembered with Turner for me to believe he’s going to star at LSU while they are a top 10 school. I’m not rooting or betting against him, but I do need to see it. Turner also was a bully on the basketball court.

Side note Turner’s nephew played as a frosh at WCH last year and you could see some special special moments…but unfortunately he transferred out of the area.
Thanks for sharing, that's one of the great things about high school sports. Seeing an athlete today that reminds you of an athlete from years past.
Being able to take what God gave you and make the most out of it.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was at a four-team scrimmage where two scrimmages went on at the same time with two 50-yard fields. After the first two games the two losers played, and two winners played. Do other teams play that way?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”