Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Yh8awinner
Riding the Bench
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by Yh8awinner »

If a kid isn't hungry to shine on any team then they shouldn't be playing. Think burg kids ain't hungry to shine chief?


TriState_34
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by TriState_34 »

Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:46 pm If a kid isn't hungry to shine on any team then they shouldn't be playing. Think burg kids ain't hungry to shine chief?
Who said any kid wasn't? One fact doesn't lead to another assumption. Makes no sense, chief.


mustard
Riding the Bench
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by mustard »

Transfer Ironton by at least 2 tds.


JTEK
All State
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by JTEK »

Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:31 pm How can kids that weren't even at Ironton last year be hungry? They didn't experience the burg loss.lol
He’s a little slow😂
Funny as hell but slow


yabbadabbadoo
SEOP
Posts: 3902
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will be okay at RB with Glover and a healthy Derrick Lattimore. Throw in some jet sweeps with Eric Lattimore and Burg will compete in this game. Burgs LOS will need to make some blocks and Burg needs to control the clock. Ground out 14-15 play scoring drives and keep Ironton from hitting the big plays!!


So, if Ironton does lose will Pendleton be allowed to ride the bus back to Ironton?? I’m surprised he’s still the coach after last years loss to Burg!!


Ironmen98
Varsity
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm Burg will be okay at RB with Glover and a healthy Derrick Lattimore. Throw in some jet sweeps with Eric Lattimore and Burg will compete in this game. Burgs LOS will need to make some blocks and Burg needs to control the clock. Ground out 14-15 play scoring drives and keep Ironton from hitting the big plays!!


So, if Ironton does lose will Pendleton be allowed to ride the bus back to Ironton?? I’m surprised he’s still the coach after last years loss to Burg!!
Why ? He’s been phenomenal.


Yh8awinner
Riding the Bench
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by Yh8awinner »

Phenomenal at what? Recruiting in a bunch of top tier kids? It's d5 and he still hasn't won the big one. Lol


mustard
Riding the Bench
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:18 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm Burg will be okay at RB with Glover and a healthy Derrick Lattimore. Throw in some jet sweeps with Eric Lattimore and Burg will compete in this game. Burgs LOS will need to make some blocks and Burg needs to control the clock. Ground out 14-15 play scoring drives and keep Ironton from hitting the big plays!!


So, if Ironton does lose will Pendleton be allowed to ride the bus back to Ironton?? I’m surprised he’s still the coach after last years loss to Burg!!
Why ? He’s been phenomenal.
He’s been pretty good but he’s won with kids transferring in. Let’s see what he can do with his own base. I’ll give him a pass on year one. But next year, he loses quite a bit of talent. He’s still going to have the Ashland kids. But let’s see if no more come in, how he does.


TriState_34
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by TriState_34 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm Burg will be okay at RB with Glover and a healthy Derrick Lattimore. Throw in some jet sweeps with Eric Lattimore and Burg will compete in this game. Burgs LOS will need to make some blocks and Burg needs to control the clock. Ground out 14-15 play scoring drives and keep Ironton from hitting the big plays!!


So, if Ironton does lose will Pendleton be allowed to ride the bus back to Ironton?? I’m surprised he’s still the coach after last years loss to Burg!!
If Burg gets a runnin clock thrown on em in Ed Miller by their biggest rival on the eve of the passing of the late coach, will burg recover psychologically?


RBH23
Freshman Team
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by RBH23 »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:30 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm Burg will be okay at RB with Glover and a healthy Derrick Lattimore. Throw in some jet sweeps with Eric Lattimore and Burg will compete in this game. Burgs LOS will need to make some blocks and Burg needs to control the clock. Ground out 14-15 play scoring drives and keep Ironton from hitting the big plays!!


So, if Ironton does lose will Pendleton be allowed to ride the bus back to Ironton?? I’m surprised he’s still the coach after last years loss to Burg!!
If Burg gets a runnin clock thrown on em in Ed Miller by their biggest rival on the eve of the passing of the late coach, will burg recover psychologically?
They seem to recover quite well last year.


TriState_34
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by TriState_34 »

mustard wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:50 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:18 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm Burg will be okay at RB with Glover and a healthy Derrick Lattimore. Throw in some jet sweeps with Eric Lattimore and Burg will compete in this game. Burgs LOS will need to make some blocks and Burg needs to control the clock. Ground out 14-15 play scoring drives and keep Ironton from hitting the big plays!!


So, if Ironton does lose will Pendleton be allowed to ride the bus back to Ironton?? I’m surprised he’s still the coach after last years loss to Burg!!
Why ? He’s been phenomenal.
He’s been pretty good but he’s won with kids transferring in. Let’s see what he can do with his own base. I’ll give him a pass on year one. But next year, he loses quite a bit of talent. He’s still going to have the Ashland kids. But let’s see if no more come in, how he does.
I think it's a safe bet, you can get use to this. It's going to be a way of life. That's why always saying because transfers this or that makes no sense. It is part of the game.


Bfan99
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:55 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by Bfan99 »

Everyone thinks the Ironton transfers are the only reason why Ironton can get past Burg and other opponents but I think with the home grown talent they would still win. Irontons entire line only has 1 transfer that came to Ironton in jr high. QB Carpenter, HB Carter, WR Young, WR Martin Slot Wilson, TE Barnes. These kids have ton of talent and would arguably start on any team in the area.


TriState_34
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by TriState_34 »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:34 pm Everyone thinks the Ironton transfers are the only reason why Ironton can get past Burg and other opponents but I think with the home grown talent they would still win. Irontons entire line only has 1 transfer that came to Ironton in jr high. QB Carpenter, HB Carter, WR Young, WR Martin Slot Wilson, TE Barnes. These kids have ton of talent and would arguably start on any team in the area.
The natives are a better group of talent than what burg has this year as well. Agreed.


yabbadabbadoo
SEOP
Posts: 3902
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:50 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:30 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm Burg will be okay at RB with Glover and a healthy Derrick Lattimore. Throw in some jet sweeps with Eric Lattimore and Burg will compete in this game. Burgs LOS will need to make some blocks and Burg needs to control the clock. Ground out 14-15 play scoring drives and keep Ironton from hitting the big plays!!


So, if Ironton does lose will Pendleton be allowed to ride the bus back to Ironton?? I’m surprised he’s still the coach after last years loss to Burg!!
If Burg gets a runnin clock thrown on em in Ed Miller by their biggest rival on the eve of the passing of the late coach, will burg recover psychologically?

WTF does that even mean, “on the eve of the passing of the late coach!!!!”

You were obsessed with the death of Coach Miller under one of your other names and you are still on it with this name!!!

What a POS you are man!!!

Last I checked Burg has a one game winning streak in this series and Ironton better be prepared a little better coming into this one than they were the last game.


art_vandelay
S
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by art_vandelay »

Yabba: don’t worry...he’ll turn on Ironton/Pendleton as soon as their first loss happens (just like he did after playoff loss to Burg last year).*


TriState_34
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by TriState_34 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:31 am Yabba: don’t worry...he’ll turn on Ironton/Pendleton as soon as their first loss happens (just like he did after playoff loss to Burg last year).*
Premature consulation prize huh?


The Nature Boy
JV Team
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by The Nature Boy »

The bottom line is what is on the scoreboard at the end of the game. All this transfer talk is getting old. You really think the Burg kids care who Ironton is bringing up Route 52 to play them. Nope.


Ironmen98
Varsity
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by Ironmen98 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:22 am The bottom line is what is on the scoreboard at the end of the game. All this transfer talk is getting old. You really think the Burg kids care who Ironton is bringing up Route 52 to play them. Nope.
Yep , when Gregg , Wilson, lowery , etc came to Wheelersburg transfers weren’t frowned upon. I remember when Parker from Portsmouth was rumored to be coming to Wheelersburg, and some of the comments on here.


JTEK
All State
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by JTEK »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:31 am Yabba: don’t worry...he’ll turn on Ironton/Pendleton as soon as their first loss happens (just like he did after playoff loss to Burg last year).*
bingo


mustard
Riding the Bench
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Re: Week one. Ironton @ Wheelersburg.

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:58 am
The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:22 am The bottom line is what is on the scoreboard at the end of the game. All this transfer talk is getting old. You really think the Burg kids care who Ironton is bringing up Route 52 to play them. Nope.
Yep , when Gregg , Wilson, lowery , etc came to Wheelersburg transfers weren’t frowned upon. I remember when Parker from Portsmouth was rumored to be coming to Wheelersburg, and some of the comments on here.
You mentioned three dudes in three separate years. Not three dudes in one year, like Ironton this year. Imagine if the Parker kid came, how better burg would have been.


Post Reply

Return to “Football”