River 52 Marietta 22 2022

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

River 52 Marietta 22 2022

Post by EasternDspy »

We got us a Thursday night special on the blue turf. Marietta will be starting a freshman Qb.

pioneer19
All Conference

Re: WK 1: River Pilots @ Marietta ( Thursday)

Post by pioneer19 »

Can't wait! Wasn't sure whether or not he would be starting, but there seems to be some hype around this freshman QB. Best of luck to him on what we hope will be a long, successful career as a Tiger.

As far as this matchup, River won by 3 TDs last year in Hannibal. Despite the difference in size, River will be a challenge, especially if MHS is breaking in a new QB. Will also be interested to see who gets the carries for the Tigers. Going to need a good running game to take some pressure off the QB.

Any info on River? Is the Isaly kid back at QB? Believe last season he was only a sophomore.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

River only lost 4 seniors from last year.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

pioneer19 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:00 pm Can't wait! Wasn't sure whether or not he would be starting, but there seems to be some hype around this freshman QB. Best of luck to him on what we hope will be a long, successful career as a Tiger.

As far as this matchup, River won by 3 TDs last year in Hannibal. Despite the difference in size, River will be a challenge, especially if MHS is breaking in a new QB. Will also be interested to see who gets the carries for the Tigers. Going to need a good running game to take some pressure off the QB.

Any info on River? Is the Isaly kid back at QB? Believe last season he was only a sophomore.
Pioneer can you tell us anything about the freshman QB? Not every day you have a 9th grader under center…I heard last year that mariettas 8th grade team was very good…I imagine this kid was there qb?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Marietta going to be a running team this year. You’ll see some new formations that fit the personal better.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

river definitely has the coaching advantage

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:45 am We got us a Thursday night special on the blue turf. Marietta will be starting a freshman Qb.
What grade was Westbrook in when he started for Marietta? I knew when he was a freshman there was a lot of talk about him.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:31 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:45 am We got us a Thursday night special on the blue turf. Marietta will be starting a freshman Qb.
What grade was Westbrook in when he started for Marietta? I knew when he was a freshman there was a lot of talk about him.
Feel like I remember a Westbrook but I don’t at this moment.

Former Qbs recently were

Reece Gerber
Corbin Alkire
Tyler Gerber ( Who started last year) I think he’s moving to Wr

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I remember Westbrook playing some as a freshman but can't remember if he started any at QB. Westbrook went to Ohio State on track. Holds the SEOAL record for the high jump at 6' 11". He might have been 6' 2. He was good but Marietta couldn't keep the players from his middle school days together.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

redblue85 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:17 pm
pioneer19 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:00 pm Can't wait! Wasn't sure whether or not he would be starting, but there seems to be some hype around this freshman QB. Best of luck to him on what we hope will be a long, successful career as a Tiger.

Pioneer can you tell us anything about the freshman QB? Not every day you have a 9th grader under center…I heard last year that mariettas 8th grade team was very good…I imagine this kid was there qb?
Yes he was the 8th grade QB last season. I don't really follow junior high ball, but from what I've heard he is a good athlete and a dual threat at QB. Varsity is a big step to make from 8th grade though, so I'm sure there will be some growing pains.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:29 am

Former Qbs recently were

Reece Gerber
Corbin Alkire
Westbrook would have been way before those 3. Thinking late 2000s like 2007-09.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

pioneer19 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:13 am

Former Qbs recently were

Reece Gerber
Corbin Alkire
So the Qb after head coach Jason Schob?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:10 am I remember Westbrook playing some as a freshman but can't remember if he started any at QB. Westbrook went to Ohio State on track. Holds the SEOAL record for the high jump at 6' 11". He might have been 6' 2. He was good but Marietta couldn't keep the players from his middle school days together.
Just found where Westbrook played varsity ball 2006/2009

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:15 am
pioneer19 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:13 am

Former Qbs recently were

Reece Gerber
Corbin Alkire
So the Qb after head coach Jason Schob?
There was a QB or two between them but can't remember. Think Schob's last season was 04.

raineyday
Waterboy

Post by raineyday »

Should be a good game. Big difference in school size. River played very well last year

raineyday
Waterboy

Post by raineyday »

Will the River - Marietta game be on tv or radio? If so what station or channel ?

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Really pulling for River in this one. The Tomcats need the playoff points that would bring. And moving up to D6 those playoff points are even more valuable.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

raineyday wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:18 pm Will the River - Marietta game be on tv or radio? If so what station or channel ?
I figure it will be on WMOA

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Gray Cat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:29 pm Really pulling for River in this one. The Tomcats need the playoff points that would bring. And moving up to D6 those playoff points are even more valuable.
Wait, are you worried that simply by beating up on the lowly Hocking teams you won't get enough "playoff points" in D6 like you did in D7? Maybe you should schedule up some then. :mrgreen:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Pat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:57 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:29 pm Really pulling for River in this one. The Tomcats need the playoff points that would bring. And moving up to D6 those playoff points are even more valuable.
Wait, are you worried that simply by beating up on the lowly Hocking teams you won't get enough "playoff points" in D6 like you did in D7? Maybe you should schedule up some then. :mrgreen:
Could of played Fort Frye week 2.

Return to “Football”