JV Team

Re: Week 1: Jackson at Logan; HOF Night and Alumni Band Night

Post by Ironmen44 »

28-0 halftime

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Does anybody know how many receiving yards Cade has so far?

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

35-0 running clock, start of 3rd

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Final
Jackson 35
Logan 8

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good way to start the year.

Keep gettin better

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Big play dominant for Jackson

Wolford had 3 long TD and a 20 yard (short) TD…Winters had a long TD run.

Not much on the sustained drive but give Logan credit. Logan kept playing hard. Jackson with a nice road win to start season and things to work on. Defense was solid. A lot of guys without a ton of varsity experience we’re excellent on defense.

Next week will be fun!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmannut07 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:26 pm Does anybody know how many receiving yards Cade has so far?
3 receptions for 181 yards and 2 TD I think
Last edited by Ironman92 on Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:54 pm Big play dominant for Jackson

Wolford had 3 long TD and a 20 yard (short) TD…Winters had a long TD run.

Not much on the sustained drive but give Logan credit. Logan kept playing hard. Jackson with a nice road win to start season and things to work on. Defense was solid. A lot of guys without a ton of varsity experience we’re excellent on defense.

Next week will be fun!
Not sure if we saw the same game. Or the same six plays from the purple offense. Hope for a huge improvement next week against Teays.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson has a lot of work to do. But a win is a win. Ironton week

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

One down. Time to find out who we really are the next couple weeks

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Jackson being Jackson, while Logan is still trying to right a ship that has been off course for too long.

Logangrad
All State

Re: Jackson 25 Logan 8 2022 HOF Night and Alumni Band Night

Post by Logangrad »

Some telling observations from this one:
The biggest thing is Logan is still as predictable as they were in 2021. Play calling is suspect at best. Mix up the plays more and get your playmakers involved. Solid WRs and backs but running the ball up the gut so much is the same thing that was done last year to no avail.

Logan played hard start to finish but the offense is anemic. Someone said the coach claimed he won a championship running the offense they have in place but I dont know how?? Logan had success outside the tackles but then wouldnt go back to what was working. Gonna be a long year if things are not adjusted on the fly imo. With no threat of throwing the ball in any way, look for more stacking in the box alot like 2021 and predictability of play calling. :shock:

Live Like A Champion!
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Spot on Grad. It was a 1 page play book. :shock: :shock:

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree with both of ya. It's sad. Very noticeable display of decision making from the sidelines.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I like the fact that the kids played hard from the start to the end. Shows passion and desire and guts. Will evolve into toughness as well down the road. But the play calling stinks point blank and period. There has to be some accountability for that at some point and they need to give the team every opportunity to win by utilizing the playmakers by giving them the ball in space to make a play. Its like they continue to run full speed into a parked van expecting that maybe after the 25th try the van will move. Being that predictable again will only be a bad thing obviously. I would rather them go back to the "I" and run it and show some play action, throw to the TE or have an old school mindset bc this version of offense isnt gonna cut it.

Live Like A Champion!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logangrad wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:01 am Some telling observations from this one:
The biggest thing is Logan is still as predictable as they were in 2021. Play calling is suspect at best. Mix up the plays more and get your playmakers involved. Solid WRs and backs but running the ball up the gut so much is the same thing that was done last year to no avail.

Logan played hard start to finish but the offense is anemic. Someone said the coach claimed he won a championship running the offense they have in place but I dont know how?? Logan had success outside the tackles but then wouldnt go back to what was working. Gonna be a long year if things are not adjusted on the fly imo. With no threat of throwing the ball in any way, look for more stacking in the box alot like 2021 and predictability of play calling. :shock:
You know I respect the heck out of you Logangrad, so this isn't meant with any negative connotation. The offense was NOT good enough. And the first quarter was horrible - and took away any chance for Logan to be competitive.

But....

Logan averaged 4 yards per carry. Threw it 12 times (same number of attempts as Jackson). And converted 3-13 (23%) on third down and 1-4 (25%) on fourth down - compared to 1-6 (17%) and 0-1 for Jackson.

Especially in the third quarter when Logan got their best pulling lineman back in the game they started moving the ball some. 77 was getting out on the edge and sealing off running lanes for 7.

With all that said - redzone wasn't good enough. But 86 would have had a TD catch if a D1 free safety didn't make an amazing playing dropping off his assignment to break up a TD pass. And before the Logan TD LHS had a perfect play call that didn't work because one kid didn't line up correctly and messed up the entire play.

First time player caller. First start at QB. Against one of the 3-4 best teams we'll see all year. Big test this Friday.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:30 am
Logangrad wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:01 am Some telling observations from this one:

You know I respect the heck out of you Logangrad, so this isn't meant with any negative connotation. The offense was NOT good enough. And the first quarter was horrible - and took away any chance for Logan to be competitive.

But....

Logan averaged 4 yards per carry. Threw it 12 times (same number of attempts as Jackson). And converted 3-13 (23%) on third down and 1-4 (25%) on fourth down - compared to 1-6 (17%) and 0-1 for Jackson.

Especially in the third quarter when Logan got their best pulling lineman back in the game they started moving the ball some. 77 was getting out on the edge and sealing off running lanes for 7.

With all that said - redzone wasn't good enough. But 86 would have had a TD catch if a D1 free safety didn't make an amazing playing dropping off his assignment to break up a TD pass. And before the Logan TD LHS had a perfect play call that didn't work because one kid didn't line up correctly and messed up the entire play.

First time player caller. First start at QB. Against one of the 3-4 best teams we'll see all year. Big test this Friday.

No disrespect taken in any way. I think those stats only cement the point. 3/13 on 3rd down is bad.
I dont think Logan as a team played as bad as the score indicated at all. They gave up big plays and they just cant bc the offense isnt a high powered unit that can respond in the same manner. Its a ground and pound, grinder ball control offense. So if we give up numerous big plays we cant come storming right back imo.

I like the fact they play hard and dont quit. Shows heart. And they will need it with the schedule we have. They just cannot allow to get predictable with the calls and not adjust. It just seemed like, first time play caller or not, that they were not willing to go off script so to speak. Like I said if you try and run into a parked van over and over and it wont move, maybe try and go around it?? TV seems to have more weapons this week and the D will need to be ready and I hope we see a much more open play book on offense.

Live Like A Champion!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logangrad wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:06 am
No disrespect taken in any way. I think those stats only cement the point. 3/13 on 3rd down is bad.
I dont think Logan as a team played as bad as the score indicated at all. They gave up big plays and they just cant bc the offense isnt a high powered unit that can respond in the same manner. Its a ground and pound, grinder ball control offense. So if we give up numerous big plays we cant come storming right back imo.

I like the fact they play hard and dont quit. Shows heart. And they will need it with the schedule we have. They just cannot allow to get predictable with the calls and not adjust. It just seemed like, first time play caller or not, that they were not willing to go off script so to speak. Like I said if you try and run into a parked van over and over and it wont move, maybe try and go around it?? TV seems to have more weapons this week and the D will need to be ready and I hope we see a much more open play book on offense.
Agree with pretty much all that. 3-13 is bad. But I was highlighting it was better than Jackson.

And I agree - I think the first quarter seemed "scripted" from a playcall standpoint and I would guess we'll see a different approach this week. Which is why I allow a little grace for a first time play caller. Sometimes coaches have to learn just like kids.

Only other thing I would say is that I don't think "what" offense they run matters. What matters is HOW they run whatever they run.

We don't have a QB who can throw out of a spread in the program (maybe in MS?).

And we don't have linemen who can overpower the teams we play (IMO).

This offense can be spread. This offense can be power. And this offense can be deception. Right now they're using more deception.

I've watched Hilliard Davidson win two D1 state championships throwing the ball less than 30 times in a 15 game season running about 8 plays (from dozens of formation fwiw). And that's usually with 1-2 legitimate D1 college kids - not the half dozen they faced week in and week out.

Eddy won two league titles at Gallipolis - once running pretty much this offense and once running this same offense from spread formation with a QB that threw it 30 times a game (and they won a playoff game, too).

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

They better do some offense adjusting this week, because the van won't move with Teays Valley either. :lol: Hope the staff figures something out. Agree, Logangrad. The Chiefs looked way to predictable in this opener.

Return to “Football”