Fort Frye 33 John Glenn 6 2022

muskiefan11
JV Team

Re: WK 1: Fort Frye @ John Glenn

Post by muskiefan11 »

JG played without Bendle tonight(possibly out for the season), and I believe Armstrong left injured as well which is a massive hit to our defense. However, Fort Frye dominated tonight and the better team won. Goodluck to Fort Frye this season, go hang a banner! As for JG we have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets played great

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

We were avg at best. Need some games to get our line up to par and kids in better shape. Defense played solid, the kickoff return for a td to begin 2nd half changed the complexity of the game. Jg decent and should be better at end of season. Ff need to cut down on penalties and cramps :). Bellaire will be a much tougher test

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

That was the best OL/DL Fort Frye has played in a long time.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:05 pm That was the best OL/DL Fort Frye has played in a long time.
Agreed, since we haven't played a game in over 8 months.

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Post by Bluroon »

Congrats to Fort, they were definitely the better team tonight. JG has plenty of work to do this week and needs a few to step up and fill in. Best of luck FF, you have a very promising season ahead.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:10 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:05 pm That was the best OL/DL Fort Frye has played in a long time.
Agreed, since we haven't played a game in over 8 months.
That OL/DL was better than any team we played last year. They made some dumb mistakes manly penalties watch them ball. Without a few penalties a miracle 40 yard pass to Walker JG wouldn’t even of scored.

Good week 1 performance. I was not expecting to win by 27

Sucks that JG lost Bendle he is a stud.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It will be interesting to see how John Glenn does in The MVL. I don't know if joining that conference was ever floated anywhere, but I'll always say that's the place to be for Fort Frye.

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Post by Bluroon »

JG has only won 2 week one games since 2014. I can only hope that history proves itself and we get rolling in the coming weeks and make a run.

Jokerswild
Riding the Bench

Post by Jokerswild »

efarns wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:53 pm It will be interesting to see how John Glenn does in The MVL. I don't know if joining that conference was ever floated anywhere, but I'll always say that's the place to be for Fort Frye.
I’ve thought that myself. Would be in the small school division which all but coshocton would be manageable drives being most schools are in the southern portion of the league map. But with crossover game add some competition. With a couple open weeks be able to add more. MVL’s loss for sure. Good win for FF, thought JG would give ‘em a better fight. JG usually does peak at the end of the year so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re a tough out come playoff time.

Thereddragin
Riding the Bench

Post by Thereddragin »

FF dominated defensively...

My big takeaway from JG, the secondary is small! They really don't have any other guys?
Also, they have to find someone other than #10 to throw the ball too.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Coshocton has a bad athletic program right now. FF would be a great fit in small division of MVL

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

JG is always a hard nose bunch going there and getting a win is tough. FF is one of those teams that seems unfazed as to where and whom they play I.M.O. Congrats on the win and to JG you guys will bounce back, I would bet.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:16 am JG is always a hard nose bunch going there and getting a win is tough. FF is one of those teams that seems unfazed as to where and whom they play I.M.O. Congrats on the win and to JG you guys will bounce back, I would bet.
Is Bloom Carroll down? John Glenn plays them next.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I believe they lost a lot from the 2021 team and they were handled by Harvest Prep last night and Prep is supposed to be really good. Sorry I could not give you a better assessment.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Thereddragin wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:12 am FF dominated defensively...

My big takeaway from JG, the secondary is small! They really don't have any other guys?
Our Secondary is a huge weakness. No offense to FF, as they are primarily a running team, but we struggled to defend the pass in one receiver formations last night. I have to imagine we will play against much better spread passing attacks this season.

Historically Jg teams struggle in Week 1 as I believe we are 1-8 in Coach Edwards tenure. I am hopeful we will improve as the year goes along.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

muskiefan11 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:26 am

Our Secondary is a huge weakness. No offense to FF, as they are primarily a running team, but we struggled to defend the pass in one receiver formations last night. I have to imagine we will play against much better spread passing attacks this season.

Historically Jg teams struggle in Week 1 as I believe we are 1-8 in Coach Edwards tenure. I am hopeful we will improve as the year goes along.

I understand you wanted to get Walker the ball but Braxton Brown is an all state type CB and you kept testing him.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Don't be fooled. Fort Frye is a "run first" team, but they usually pass very well, and not necessarily when you'd expect it. Your secondary may be better than you think.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:10 am

Don't be fooled. Fort Frye is a "run first" team, but they usually pass very well, and not necessarily when you'd expect it. Your secondary may be better than you think.
Clayton Miller continues to get better every week at Qb. This kid is going to be special.

Return to “Football”