Unioto 21 Vinton County 6 2022

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: Vinton County @ Unioto week 1

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:48 am Seems like these 2 teams have played some close games over the years, however until the next 2 weeks play out with the scrimmages, I don't know that a true prediction can be given. I'll save mine for after scrimmage time because VC has got a lot to prove to show they're ready to turn the corner considering their 2021 campaign was spent with wins against teams that were just bad.
Agree. With how these games have played out in the past, I dont get people predicting Vinton County blowing The U out.
Did read on here they got some transfers, maybe that's why?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:39 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:48 am Seems like these 2 teams have played some close games over the years, however until the next 2 weeks play out with the scrimmages, I don't know that a true prediction can be given. I'll save mine for after scrimmage time because VC has got a lot to prove to show they're ready to turn the corner considering their 2021 campaign was spent with wins against teams that were just bad.
Agree. With how these games have played out in the past, I dont get people predicting Vinton County blowing The U out.
There’s only a couple of posters on here that have VC blowing out Unioto. VC did get some move ins and will be much better under second year coach TJ Carper. However, Unioto has traditionally given VC a lot of problems in week 1. No one in VC expects this to be an easy win. We will know more about this matchup when scrimmages take place. Then you’ll see predictions that actually have merit behind them. Until then, it’s just a complete guessing game.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Dundas wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:13 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:39 am
There’s only a couple of posters on here that have VC blowing out Unioto. VC did get some move ins and will be much better under second year coach TJ Carper. However, Unioto has traditionally given VC a lot of problems in week 1. No one in VC expects this to be an easy win. We will know more about this matchup when scrimmages take place. Then you’ll see predictions that actually have merit behind them. Until then, it’s just a complete guessing game.
Agreed... The excitement is there and it seems like the community is well aware of that excitement. Some people on here are just a bit too far out there with their predictions. There has not been many times (if ever) that VC has blown out the U. If it happens this time, then I'll be genuinely shocked. I want to believe the hype and excitement but...until the results are in for week 1, I am going temper my expectations. This game will tell us a lot about both teams.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Game week! Can’t wait for Friday! Does anyone know if this series will continue after this year? It’s not scheduled as of yet.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well seems like to me there's ppl putting a lot of pressure on VC and I hope they come through but I'm going to be realistic until I see results. They're coming off a 6-4 campaign where they didn't beat anyone and no some are putting them top 10 in SEO. I'll wait on that one this game is typically played pretty close and I think Unioto still might be on the young side so I'm going to go with VC but by a score. Good luck to both teams stay healthy

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Picking VC.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Give me the Tanks by a TD. They’ve looked decent in the scrimmages and this game should be a toss up.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

I think Unioto will keep it closer than most people think. I'd say a TD either way.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm I think Unioto will keep it closer than most people think. I'd say a TD either way.
Seems about right to me. I think both of these teams have successful seasons no matter what happens in this game. Both should be in contention for their respective conferences. Can’t wait for tomorrow night!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good luck to VC!

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

I think vc takes it! Lot of talent on this team! I’ve heard they didn’t look to hot in scrimmages and mostly defensive issues. It not sure of the truth to it! I’ll take vc by a score of 28-17

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
Albundy33
Riding the Bench

Post by Albundy33 »

Thank goodness it’s finally here football Friday night can’t wait to see this version of the Vikings watched the home scrimmage hope that was just weather issues. I’m excited to see if this is finally the year that vc turns the corner and becomes a true team to be dealt with. This series has been close wins every time seems like so either way it goes I figure no more than 7 pt difference hope and pray for everyone’s safety and let’s go vikes

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Updates anybody?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

U-7
VC-0

1:16 1st

Tanks score on a 4th and 9 from the 19.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Unioto 14 VC 0
Halftime

Lot of football left but VC isn't looking all that great. Unioto making a lot of mistakes but they are not quitting, 1st score comes from 4th and long and the second one comes at the last play of the half. Unioto will get the ball at the beginning of the 3rd so the Vikings will have to get a stop if they want to be in this game. Like last year, they're not built to score in a hurry.

Tyron_Biggums
Waterboy

Post by Tyron_Biggums »

Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:52 pm This should be a running clock.

Vinton 42
Unioto 7
This post hasn't aged well...

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Any action at all in this game?

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

What did I just watch? This staff has to grow with these players somehow. This game has been atrocious for us. Our offense is absolutely horrible. Molihan, Best player on the team, Wore blue and gold last year! Carper needs to get ahold of these coordinators, they’re terrible. Absolutely horrible coaching, especially the assistants.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

VC94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:22 pm What did I just watch? This staff has to grow with these players somehow. This game has been atrocious for us. Our offense is absolutely horrible. Molihan, Best player on the team, Wore blue and gold last year! Carper needs to get ahold of these coordinators, they’re terrible. Absolutely horrible coaching, especially the assistants.How many cramps we going to have? Feels like the Downs Era, oh wait, same assistants! Makes sense

Return to “Football”