Unioto 21 Vinton County 6 2022

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: Vinton County @ Unioto week 1

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

VC94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:28 pm
VC94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:22 pm What did I just watch? This staff has to grow with these players somehow. This game has been atrocious for us. Our offense is absolutely horrible. Molihan, Best player on the team, Wore blue and gold last year! Carper needs to get ahold of these coordinators, they’re terrible. Absolutely horrible coaching, especially the assistants.How many cramps we going to have? Feels like the Downs Era, oh wait, same assistants! Makes sense
What happened?

fviking76
Waterboy

Post by fviking76 »

VC94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:22 pm Carper needs to get ahold of these coordinators, they’re terrible. Absolutely horrible coaching, especially the assistants.How many cramps we going to have? Feels like the Downs Era, oh wait, same assistants! Makes sense
1. The coordinators are the responsibility of the head coach.
2. How many assistants cary over from the Downs era?

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

22 on Unioto was flying around. 4-5 TFLs on big downs.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Tanks killed themselves with turnovers. We should of won this going away. Defense was good all night vc only score came in the 4 th we were in prevent and they tried to run out the game. If we didn’t give them two first downs on penalties I don’t think they score.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:46 pm
VC94 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:22 pm What did I just watch? This staff has to grow with these players somehow. This game has been atrocious for us. Our offense is absolutely horrible. Molihan, Best player on the team, Wore blue and gold last year! Carper needs to get ahold of these coordinators, they’re terrible. Absolutely horrible coaching, especially the assistants.How many cramps we going to have? Feels like the Downs Era, oh wait, same assistants! Makes sense
What happened?
I can tell you what happened and wasn't even there. Another ohio tvc team gets beat. Nothing new here

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

21-6 final
Unioto 376 yards vc had 200 with 150 in the second half

Unioto had 4 turnovers
Andrew griffin had 10 tackles 2.5 for loss and a sack
Hoops had 150 with td and two picks
Matt griffin had 8 tackles 7 Carrie’s for 86 yards and a td
Casey dray had 8 tackles 50 yards and a td
Cody Tuttle led the def with 12 tackles and a td rec.

Lot to get better at. We go to Amanda and that will be a hard place to win

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Nice win for Unioto. Congrats!

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Great win for Unioto. VC had a lot of hype as far as higher expectations. Great win for the SVC.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Wasn’t expecting this one. I thought the additions VC got from wellston would give them a good advantage. Congratulations tanks

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats on the win. I was completely wrong on this one.
VC will need to get well quickly with Rock Hill up next, the Hill also comes in 0-1, and neither wants that dreaded 0-2 start.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Have to say heard rumors VC didn't show well in their scrimmages. Just bc coaches or kids don't post about how hard they are working doesn't mean they aren't working.
Only one game, plenty of time.
Happy for the SVC, 5-3 last night.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Unioto 21 Vinton County 6 2022

Post by danicalifornia »

The Tanks defense looked light years ahead of where they were last year. Also, I liked the usage of so many different athletes to get touches on offense, even though I think they will use the hammer more in a tighter game. Lots of hungry upperclassmen should make this a good season for the Shermans.

VC will be fine. The end of half touchdown was a killer, but they responded well out of halftime. Just couldn’t finish any drives.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:19 pm 21-6 final

Unioto had 4 turnovers

Unioto turned it over 4 times and still won 21-6? Yikes for VC.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

boss8 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:47 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:19 pm 21-6 final

Unioto had 4 turnovers

Unioto turned it over 4 times and still won 21-6? Yikes for VC.
2 fumbles and two picks one of the picks in the end zone

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Congrats to Unioto. Solid team imo. VC needs to figure out how to finish drives. The Vikings were 1/3 in the RedZone vs coal grove and were 1/3 in this game. The 54 yard run with no time on the clock was a killer before half. Just to clarify, Unioto threw two interceptions and had 2 fumbles but only one was lost. Good luck the rest of the way to the Sherman’s. I think they can have a solid season and win the svc.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Was there any stream of the game?

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Ff3233 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:16 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:46 pm
What happened?
I can tell you what happened and wasn't even there. Another ohio tvc team gets beat. Nothing new here
The TVC Ohio is way down this year. RV was picked by many to challenge for the title and they got beat by Eastern. That's bad. Wellston got thumped by a bad Oak Hill team. Athens got beaten up by Philo, and Meigs got embarrassed by Gallia. Bad year for the Ohio.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

First, Unioto is very good. They should challenge Paint Valley for their league this year. I can see them going 7-3 or 8-2 this season. Both Hoops kids are special athletes, the Fox kid is special (we did a pretty decent job on him), Tuttle, and their offensive line quick and strong. Should be a good year to be a Sherman.

As far as Vinton County, I thought defensively we looked pretty solid. Unioto's first score was on fourth down on a throw back, our outside backer blitzed and lost contain, that resulted in an easy score. The touchdown before half should have never happen, they gave up a big run with the clock winding down to get to first down, and then a couple of plays later, they let someone get off tackle on them with .6 on the clock before half, that's not good at all.

In the second half, it was pretty much what this game should have been, a slugfest coming down to one score.

Offensively, we just did not look good. Molihan was one of the best athletes on the field and he could not get going. I don't know why. Was it what Unioto did? A failure up front? Or schematically, we are out of sorts? I don't know. But probably a combination of all three.

But here's to week 2.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:38 pm First, Unioto is very good. They should challenge Paint Valley for their league this year. I can see them going 7-3 or 8-2 this season. Both Hoops kids are special athletes, the Fox kid is special (we did a pretty decent job on him), Tuttle, and their offensive line quick and strong. Should be a good year to be a Sherman.

As far as Vinton County, I thought defensively we looked pretty solid. Unioto's first score was on fourth down on a throw back, our outside backer blitzed and lost contain, that resulted in an easy score. The touchdown before half should have never happen, they gave up a big run with the clock winding down to get to first down, and then a couple of plays later, they let someone get off tackle on them with .6 on the clock before half, that's not good at all.

In the second half, it was pretty much what this game should have been, a slugfest coming down to one score.

Offensively, we just did not look good. Molihan was one of the best athletes on the field and he could not get going. I don't know why. Was it what Unioto did? A failure up front? Or schematically, we are out of sorts? I don't know. But probably a combination of all three.

But here's to week 2.
I like your take on, "the touchdown before half should have never happened..." That's what I say about the two TD's Nelsonville scored and the FG they kicked. Should have never happened, but TD's should have happened every time we got into the red zone. So really, we should have won the game and made it 5 in a row. :o

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Vinton County needs to get better quick. Way too much talent to be that dismal on offense.

Return to “Football”