Unioto 21 Vinton County 6 2022

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Unioto 21 Vinton County 6 2022

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

VC coming off a big season, while Unioto comes off of a disappointing one. Who you guys got?

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County @ Unioto week 1

Post by Bumpy »

Last years game was close and I think this one will be too, slight edge to Unioto.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VC getting the talk and it’s quiet most everywhere else. At Unioto I’d say Hoops will have chips inserted. I don’t know how good they are but guessing this one might be pretty close and then VC pulls away.

VC 34-20

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

This should be a running clock.

Vinton 42
Unioto 7

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Unioto lost great player and Vinton County I think gained a couple.

Vinton 41-13

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Unioto was pretty young last year and should improve this coming season, there's a lot of noise coming out of Vinton County this off-season. Unioto I think is a year away yet and with how ppl are talking up Unioto, VC had best take this one by 2-3 scores anything less will be a letdown.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Last year Vc killed wellston. Idk if these transfers played or not. Idk how many ppl watched the game last year but we completely gave the game away. We have 18 seniors this season. Last year we got beat 59-31 or so to piketon. Idk if these predictions are for real but I guess ppl expect vc to be comparable to last years piketon? I don’t see it. I know our guys can’t wait for this game.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Lots of hype around VC this year. Hopefully it’s real and not just hype. I wouldn’t sleep on this Unioto team. They have some nice skilled players with a very good senior receiver (Fox). Overall I think Vinton should win this game but it could be closer than most think.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:07 pm VC coming off a big season, while Unioto comes off of a disappointing one. Who you guys got?
Not to take away from VC, but more to clarify what I am reading. Some are really hyping VC. I admit I only saw highlights of the Unioto game (12 - 7) and the ZT game (21 - 28). I believe VC went 6 - 4 overall and were destroyed in their last playoff game. So my question is, what makes them a "great" team this season? Not saying they won't or can't be, but am saying they weren't last year in my opinion. Just curious to hear from those in the know. As far as the VC/Unioto game, I can only really speak of Unioto. Unioto lost some "talent", but also returns a lot of depth. I think last years experience will play well for the kids returning. I expect Unioto to be a tick better than they were a season ago, but I still don't think they have the pieces to compete for a title. Being that last years game played out to a VC 12 - 7 win, I have to think this one will be tight til the finish. Either way I am excited for football to return. Good luck to all.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:08 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:07 pm VC coming off a big season, while Unioto comes off of a disappointing one. Who you guys got?
Not to take away from VC, but more to clarify what I am reading. Some are really hyping VC. I admit I only saw highlights of the Unioto game (12 - 7) and the ZT game (21 - 28). I believe VC went 6 - 4 overall and were destroyed in their last playoff game. So my question is, what makes them a "great" team this season? Not saying they won't or can't be, but am saying they weren't last year in my opinion. Just curious to hear from those in the know. As far as the VC/Unioto game, I can only really speak of Unioto. Unioto lost some "talent", but also returns a lot of depth. I think last years experience will play well for the kids returning. I expect Unioto to be a tick better than they were a season ago, but I still don't think they have the pieces to compete for a title. Being that last years game played out to a VC 12 - 7 win, I have to think this one will be tight til the finish. Either way I am excited for football to return. Good luck to all.
I believe most of the “hype” you are seeing on this site is from people outside of VC. Viking Nation expects this team to be better this year but this is a program that hasn’t won a conference title since 1999 and has been mid pack in terms of seo football over the last few years. I for one won’t give a true prediction on this team or any other team until we see real contact scrimmages. Then we’ll know more. As of now, on paper, VC is better than the 6-4 2021 team. How much better? We’ll find out soon.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:58 pm Unioto lost great player and Vinton County I think gained a couple.

Vinton 41-13
To be honest. That great player didn’t do much for them last year.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:52 pm This should be a running clock.

Vinton 42
Unioto 7
Is this for real?

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

I think Vinton County Wins

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:01 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:52 pm This should be a running clock.

Vinton 42
Unioto 7
Is this for real?
Why wouldn’t it be for real ?

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

With all this boasting by VC people about how great they are going to be this year honestly can hardly wait until week three to show them what a great team is all about. I look for them to be 2-0 coming into the game with the Tomcats and the stadium will be capacity crowd with a lot of excitement. Then about half time most of the crowd will be heading for the exits with their heads down and we'll be like it's just another win for the Tomcats.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:49 am With all this boasting by VC people about how great they are going to be this year honestly can hardly wait until week three to show them what a great team is all about. I look for them to be 2-0 coming into the game with the Tomcats and the stadium will be capacity crowd with a lot of excitement. Then about half time most of the crowd will be heading for the exits with their heads down and we'll be like it's just another win for the Tomcats.
Keep talking. Better worry about Nelsonville York.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Ed Gennero wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:53 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:49 am With all this boasting by VC people about how great they are going to be this year honestly can hardly wait until week three to show them what a great team is all about. I look for them to be 2-0 coming into the game with the Tomcats and the stadium will be capacity crowd with a lot of excitement. Then about half time most of the crowd will be heading for the exits with their heads down and we'll be like it's just another win for the Tomcats.
Keep talking. Better worry about Nelsonville York.
We don't "worry" about anyone. Yes the team is focused on NY. But I'm a fan and I can talk about all the games.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

I got

Unioto 28
VC 14

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Vinton County- 35

Unioto-14

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Seems like these 2 teams have played some close games over the years, however until the next 2 weeks play out with the scrimmages, I don't know that a true prediction can be given. I'll save mine for after scrimmage time because VC has got a lot to prove to show they're ready to turn the corner considering their 2021 campaign was spent with wins against teams that were just bad.

Return to “Football”