All Conference

Re: Best Players in Southern Ohio

Post by Rolltanks »

Paint valley qb best skill play outside of ironton

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:53 pm Galloway from Chillicothe probably has the most potential to start at a D1 program
He's a freak. I mean committed to LSU with 2 more years of high school. Bulked up to 230 this summer, and with his frame could end up at 250 easy.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:53 pm Galloway from Chillicothe probably has the most potential to start at a D1 program
He's got a ways to go in my book, he's had a great off-season and put on a show at these camps that's for sure. However, he's coming off a year in the SVC where he was always the biggest guy on the field and it just didn't translate, I think his move to Chillicothe and change in coaching is really going to help him but we'll see. For me I simply can't rank him that high until I start seeing it during the season.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:16 pm
He's got a ways to go in my book, he's had a great off-season and put on a show at these camps that's for sure. However, he's coming off a year in the SVC where he was always the biggest guy on the field and it just didn't translate, I think his move to Chillicothe and change in coaching is really going to help him but we'll see. For me I simply can't rank him that high until I start seeing it during the season.
I understand what your asking for you, you need to see more production on the field. But Brian Kelly already likes what he sees so not sure what we think matters much.

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

Chase Hall from coal grove coming off a 1600 yard rushing season as a junior has to be one of the better players.Ryan sissel Portsmouth west had over 1500 yards as a junior both these players could go over 2000 this year
Last edited by Team ovc on Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:16 pm
I understand what your asking for you, you need to see more production on the field. But Brian Kelly already likes what he sees so not sure what we think matters much.
Agree , no reason this kid don’t dominate the competition.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Hard to predict what this kid is going to be. He’s got both falls of 2022 and 2023 to play high school football. That’s a Gurantee 20more games. The earliest he can be enrolled and on campus to start being a member of the LSU Tigers Is when sxhool would resumes January 2024. That’s a long time.

What we do is. He fits the bill to get a full ride from a power 5 school that will more then likely find himself amongst NIL deal.

If Kenworth was smart. They would fit the local kid with something and make headlines. Really get their name out there. Justin Fields the QB got his deal by a car dealership from Canton ,OH that bought him a 150k brand new car.
I’m sure Kenworth has the same resources to do the same thing

If Kenworth just matched the car dealerships $150k to the local product.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I know some people in Fayette County are around. What are your thoughts on Andrew Guthrie - OT 6' 8" 295 Miami Trace - offers from Marshall, EKU, Middle Tennessee and Illinois State and Tanner Lemaster - TE 6' 6" 235 Washington - committed to the Univ. of Kentucky?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:00 pm I know some people in Fayette County are around. What are your thoughts on Andrew Guthrie - OT 6' 8" 295 Miami Trace - offers from Marshall, EKU, Middle Tennessee and Illinois State and Tanner Lemaster - TE 6' 6" 235 Washington - committed to the Univ. of Kentucky?
I’ve seen him compete a decent bit the last 3 years. Guthrie has an NFL frame. Seems like a real good kid. I put him a notch below Clary. LeMaster a little higher on the coordination level and another great size kid. All will have the chance to contribute to a nice D1 program…I’ll root for all to at worst take advantage of the full ride and get the education. Take advantage of what God gave you.

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

Justin Moore from Valley will be all over everyone's radar this fall. He just committed to Boston University to throw shot put, but he had all kinds of D1 schools recruiting him in football. Coach Crabtree told me that VT, Marshall, Kent, Akron, OU, Youngstown, etc were all at the school meeting with him this spring. There were videos on Valley's football twitter last night of him squatting 530 pounds. He's 6-5 265, he will have a big season in Lucasville.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Baseball_Dad wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:30 am Justin Moore from Valley will be all over everyone's radar this fall. He just committed to Boston University to throw shot put, but he had all kinds of D1 schools recruiting him in football. Coach Crabtree told me that VT, Marshall, Kent, Akron, OU, Youngstown, etc were all at the school meeting with him this spring. There were videos on Valley's football twitter last night of him squatting 530 pounds. He's 6-5 265, he will have a big season in Lucasville.
Agree 100%

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Baseball_Dad wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:30 am Justin Moore from Valley will be all over everyone's radar this fall. He just committed to Boston University to throw shot put, but he had all kinds of D1 schools recruiting him in football. Coach Crabtree told me that VT, Marshall, Kent, Akron, OU, Youngstown, etc were all at the school meeting with him this spring. There were videos on Valley's football twitter last night of him squatting 530 pounds. He's 6-5 265, he will have a big season in Lucasville.
I’m sure he’s a good kid and all but I’m sorry he’s not D1. Only Ironton players are going D1 because their head coach is the only one in the tri state that can get them there.

K00ND0GGER
Riding the Bench

Post by K00ND0GGER »

I would have to say to the topic question, Ironton's starting 11 on offense. :mrgreen:

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Best JH player this year will be grandson

We’ll just call him Whopper 3.0 for now but everyone will know after about the second game.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

mustard wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:51 pm
I’m sure he’s a good kid and all but I’m sorry he’s not D1. Only Ironton players are going D1 because their head coach is the only one in the tri state that can get them there.
Mustard,

You came out of nowhere posting on here. Did some animosity against Pendelton and Ironton get you off the couch and to the computer room.

Does Moore kid have any D1 Scholarship offers?

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Wings Teaford wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:57 pm Best JH player this year will be grandson

We’ll just call him Whopper 3.0 for now but everyone will know after about the second game.
Well good buddy I'll put the Cordell triplets up against anyone including Whopper. Them boys is gonna make their daddy that started for Marshall look like a jr high player ifin you know what I mean.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Ryan Sissel from West might be the most impactful regarding what he brings to both sides of the ball. Has a 6th sense for being in the play. Runs through contact like a full back but break away speed if he gets the step. If he added any lateral quickness this off season he will be tough behind an aged and impressive line. We still have plenty of athletes on the field without him but if he is off the field it changes alot of things.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:47 pm Ryan Sissel from West might be the most impactful regarding what he brings to both sides of the ball. Has a 6th sense for being in the play. Runs through contact like a full back but break away speed if he gets the step. If he added any lateral quickness this off season he will be tough behind an aged and impressive line. We still have plenty of athletes on the field without him but if he is off the field it changes alot of things.
West is my sleeper in region 19

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Some of Fort Frye players with a shot to be all state.

DL/OG Kaleb Bailey Sr
DL/ C Caleb Riggs Sr
Rb/ S Downtown Owen Brown Sr
LB/ TE Zaiden Huck Sr
CB/ WR Braxton Brown Sr
LB Keegan Strode Jr

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I gotta put Jason Williams in here. If he stays healthy, he will rush for well over 1,000 and probably closer to 1,500+.

Return to “Football”