Federal Hocking Football

Logangrad
All State

Re: Fed Football

Post by Logangrad »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:47 pm
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:28 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:17 pm

I don’t see what difference it makes what the former coach chooses to do after resigning.
I'm guessing that if he resigned from the HC position at your school in mid July you would not be justifying it like you are now.
If we only had a few kids showing up to the weight room and the HC went somewhere else in mid-July, I wouldn’t care about what he did after resigning since the more pressing issue would be the ability to field a team with only a few kids showing up.
But when you are getting him as an assistant coach on your schools staff I guess that makes it different.
He’s not coming to my school’s staff.
interesting turn of events

Live Like A Champion!
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

So have they pulled the plug on the season?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don’t see what difference it makes what the former coach chooses to do after resigning.
I'm guessing that if he resigned from the HC position at your school in mid July you would not be justifying it like you are now.
If we only had a few kids showing up to the weight room and the HC went somewhere else in mid-July, I wouldn’t care about what he did after resigning since the more pressing issue would be the ability to field a team with only a few kids showing up.
But when you are getting him as an assistant coach on your schools staff I guess that makes it different.
He is coaching a FCA. That's verified

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:06 pm

He is coaching a FCA. That's verified
That’s what makes this look bad.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Federal Hocking will have a team coached by Lance Binegar

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

That is good news.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

If he takes the job he will come with experience dealing with low numbers (Parkersburg Catholic) and has the WV power Williamstown on his resume.
It would be hard to see Fed getting a guy with a better background at this point.
Good Luck Coach.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I’m told he has 18 players.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Nice dodge and deflect. But I get it, you'd be pi**'d too if your coach left in the middle of July. Anyone would be. Not sure why you came on here defending him though. And as for your "school's staff" it's sometimes hard to tell on here if you are from FCA or FC. You seem to be an "expert" on both.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Just saw the football schedule. Yikes!! 8 games in a row on the road??? Is that accurate??

Live Like A Champion!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:04 am Just saw the football schedule. Yikes!! 8 games in a row on the road??? Is that accurate??
There’s a track replacement going on at the school.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:29 am And as for your "school's staff" it's sometimes hard to tell on here if you are from FCA or FC. You seem to be an "expert" on both.
:mrgreen:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:04 am Just saw the football schedule. Yikes!! 8 games in a row on the road??? Is that accurate??
Here ya go
Attachments
A692B9D8-49B7-4BD7-AB0B-3A3744763476.jpeg

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

First 8 are on the road bc of the new track like some others said.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:43 am First 8 are on the road bc of the new track like some others said.
That schedule shows the the sixth game at home.

I know, I was D1 fellas
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

*D1* wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:08 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:43 am First 8 are on the road bc of the new track like some others said.
That schedule shows the the sixth game at home.
It’s at Eastern due to the track.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

If you ever needed an example of how to kill a program this is it.
I questioned why Woodson would leave after one year but this makes it clear.
You take a struggling program and then send them on the road for 8 straight games. :lol:
What is the chance of that happening at Trimble, NY, FF, or any other school that supports their football team?
Can you imagine the AD or Facilities Supervisor taking that to the Super or Board of the above mentioned schools?
I can't.
I'm sure someone will come on here to justify why this couldn't have been done starting Mid-May (when Fed track participation is down to a handful, if that).
Since I'm a Fed alum I'll use the local vernacular: That dog won't hunt.
Can we not do better for our kids?

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:30 am If you ever needed an example of how to kill a program this is it.
You take a struggling program and then send them on the road for 8 straight games. :lol:
What is the chance of that happening at Trimble, NY, FF, or any other school that supports their football team?
Can you imagine the AD or Facilities Supervisor taking that to the Super or Board of the above mentioned schools?
I can't.
I'm sure someone will come on here to justify why this couldn't have been done starting Mid-May (when Fed track participation is down to a handful, if that).
Still no excuse for the coach quitting this late. He had to know about the schedule and track construction months ago. Makes me think they are better off without him. Maybe the new guy won't be so selfish. But the real problem was expressed by a parent at the board meeting from what I read. The basketball coach discouraging kids from playing football isn't a good thing. I know that's the mindset of the folks down in Racine, and always has been, but didn't realize it had spread north. Of course there was a racine minded fella coaching basketball at Fed several years ago. I wonder if he brought that with him? :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Once that mindset invades a school it’s tough to overcome. I think it’s a tornadovirus.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:30 am If you ever needed an example of how to kill a program this is it.
I can't.
I’ll also just point out that FH’s superintendent also spoke publicly as to why Brad left.
Marietta Times wrote: Superintendent David Hanning explained to those in attendance what has been going on with the football program at Federal Hocking. Hanning said Brad Woodson, head football coach, was retiring from his position. Woodson commutes about an hour away from Lancaster to the district every day. Woodson said the price of fuel was too high, said Hanning. Woodson was hired through the Athens-Meigs Educational Service Center as an attendance officer.

“It kind of took us by surprise,” Hanning said. “He came in at the end of last week and asked to speak with me and basically said that he needed to find something closer.”

Return to “Football”