SVC 2022

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Re: SVC 2022

Post by Svcguru »

DJT47 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:48 pm I don't see a scenario where PV doesn't win the league.
Scenario one they get beat by Unioto, possible!
Scenario two they get beat by Zane Trace, very possible!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The difference between Adena being 4th or in the bottom half will be the play of Vickers. If he can make some plays in the passing game they could be very solid.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

5-3 start for the league

Adena and Huntington will have winable games next week. Really only one game I see on the schedule for next week that will likely be a loss. 4-5 tossups in there, so hopefully the league can win most of those and have another good week in Week 2.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:16 am 5-3 start for the league

Adena and Huntington will have winable games next week. Really only one game I see on the schedule for next week that will likely be a loss. 4-5 tossups in there, so hopefully the league can win most of those and have another good week in Week 2.
Great start. Unioto with a big non conference win over a really hyped VC team that most think will be at the top of their league. Teams better be ready for the tanks. SE will not win next week, but hopefully the SVC can keep it rollin. Good luck to all!

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I think most agreed that PV & ZT would be the most complete teams coming into the season and they both played well Friday, but I see Unioto as a much better team than many expected. The U has depth and guys that can play multiple spots on the field. Just my opinion, but they move into that conversation of teams that can potentially win a league title. My biggest surprise was WESTFALL. I don't care if Madison Plains is terrible. Maybe they are, but Westfall has to have something that we didn't see a season ago. Time will tell, but Westfall could be a mover from the bottom up. Jury isn't out on Adena, they were competitive vs. McClain. They can still run the football. I think Huntington has to be disappointed with their start. Piketon gets a win, but I am told Goshen is not very good. Southeastern took one on the chin as well. It is only week one, so not going to jump from the ship yet, but I feel like this league is so top heavy. I can't see PV, ZT or The U losing a game outside of each other. I can see 4 through 8 being a mad scramble from week to week. That 3 team round robin starting in week 7 will be fun to watch. Stay healthy boys.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall got drilled 40-12 by Madison-Plains last year and averaged losing by 34 PPG

That was a great win for the Mustangs, no matter what MP ends up being. I had heard some rumblings that they were looking much better in the preseason. Congrats to Coach Stepp on his first career win, hopefully one of many. The SVC is a much better league when Westfall Football is strong.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:51 pm Westfall got drilled 40-12 by Madison-Plains last year and averaged losing by 34 PPG

That was a great win for the Mustangs, no matter what MP ends up being. I had heard some rumblings that they were looking much better in the preseason. Congrats to Coach Stepp on his first career win, hopefully one of many. The SVC is a much better league when Westfall Football is strong.
I’m most impressed by the numbers turn around for westfall. Last year I know ppl at the u had concerns we might not play because of the low numbers at westfall. Now they have over 50 kids out from what I’ve heard.

Pop-PopFB70
Waterboy

Post by Pop-PopFB70 »

PV and Zane Trace will fight it out for the top spot. Breakout players for PV will be #4 Carson Free (soph), #6 Dom Chambers (jr) and #12 Braylon Robertson (soph). PV is going to be a fun team to watch this year!

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

PV, ZT, U, will all be in the mix.
Watched the livestream of NW and SE, and SE looked much improved from last year. Tough early schedule but should compete when league games start.
Didn't get to see any other SVC games through livestream.😥

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

SVC 5-3 Week 2
Unioto, ZT, Piketon, Huntington, Adena with wins

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

How do you have your SVC Rankings after week 2

my guess?
1 Zane Trace
2 Unioto
3 Paint Valley
4 Piketon
5 Adena
6 Westfall
7 Huntington
8 Southeastern

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

WOW. WOW. WOW. That game in week 7 looks monumental now! THE U @ ZT. Would like to hear some history on this rivalry. Has a Unioto vs. ZT matchup ever been 6 - 0 vs. 6 - 0? Or better? Any alums know the answer?

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

I’m glad everyone kept talking about how it was PV and ZT and everyone else. I think the 3 way battle for the league will be fun this year.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

SVC is looking pretty good through 3 weeks.
Nice wins last night by Huntington and Unioto, that were upsets.
Southeastern got their first win in a while.
Some really good games with a lot on the line coming up soon.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Beating Waverly definitely wasn’t an upset.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:08 am Beating Waverly definitely wasn’t an upset.
Let people keep thinking we aren’t good lol. Been “underdogs” every week bc of last year. Everyone said it was between PV and ZT

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:08 am Beating Waverly definitely wasn’t an upset.
Getting thumped for a couple years straight and 90 percent of people thinking you will lose and pulling out a win definitely is an upset.
pulled ahead with 5 minutes left after being spotted 18 points. Game changing call to where the ref didn’t even know the final outcome and an obvious Pass interference was overturned. 2 long runs at the end of the game trying to get quick 3 and outs definitely didn’t have anything to do with final score.

This is why people will always continue to laugh at Unioto. act like you have been here before. Waverly lost its best class in a while and y’all were still underdogs and a bad call away from losing last night. What a 🤡. play the agitator role and say it’s all in good fun but people think you are a joke. Poor representation of a school and it’s not a good look.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Got baited into that response 😂

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:40 am Got baited into that response 😂
A little but won’t sit here and play the games and argue. My only point is that some people take him seriously and it’s a horrible representation of a school. Kind of sad really to be limited to that kind of contribution. Brings no worth and is tasteless either way. The only joke is the person acting that way. Most people get too upset or are non confrontational. We are from southern Ohio and should support each other. When someone from this area goes somewhere in the playoffs we could all use the support from each other instead of remembering clowns like that. I’m just burning time before my road trip and have the time. I’ll come back sometime over the weekend to see what “clever(pathetic)” way he tries to make himself feel better.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Congrats to all the SVC teams on a decent non conference. 14-10 overall with Unioto & Zt both at 3-0, Piketon & Huntington at 2-1. Pv, Se, Wf and Adena 1-2. Should be a fun league!

Return to “Football”