2022 Football Scrimmages

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: 2022 Football Scrimmages

Post by soggybottomtopper »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:24 pm Unioto was at Logan Elm today. Missed the beginning of the back and forth stuff but when they treated it like a real game, Unioto scored 3 touchdowns and Logan Elm didn’t have any. Unioto’s defense was flying around and Fox looked unguardable. Their backup QB looked very sharp but I doubt he plays. #2 and #7 were making some plays on defense.
I am guessing that was Matt Griffin and Casey Dray, but in scrimmages numbers can be all over the place. Same question to you sir, in your opinion, do you think Unioto is better than a season ago? Maybe even considerably better?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Hard to really say how much better. They played a ton of kids. Run defense is very good safeties and backers fly to the ball. At times the pass rush is good. I feel like we have to find the two best corners sometimes we don’t play the ball in the air well. Offense is totally different than last year. The skill guys are good and lot of ppl touch the ball. Fox is an all state receiver and I really like the two tailbacks. We are way under the radar right now which is fine with me. I feel like you will know all you need to know after the non conference schedule because with vinton county at Amanda at waverly if we can get two of three then we would be considerately better than last year imo. As for Logan elm they had some big backs, struggled to run but they ran some nice misdirection pass plays and completed some big ones. They had a huge tight end that made some good plays, them and zt should be a good game.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Yes Casey dray will feature on both sides kids makes plays td and pick. Griffin is a beast. I liked how they limited his touches on offense and on defense he is all over the field

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:42 pm Hard to really say how much better. They played a ton of kids. Run defense is very good safeties and backers fly to the ball. At times the pass rush is good. I feel like we have to find the two best corners sometimes we don’t play the ball in the air well. Offense is totally different than last year. The skill guys are good and lot of ppl touch the ball. Fox is an all state receiver and I really like the two tailbacks. We are way under the radar right now which is fine with me. I feel like you will know all you need to know after the non conference schedule because with vinton county at Amanda at waverly if we can get two of three then we would be considerately better than last year imo. As for Logan elm they had some big backs, struggled to run but they ran some nice misdirection pass plays and completed some big ones. They had a huge tight end that made some good plays, them and zt should be a good game.
Good stuff. I feel like their depth is going to help them in a lot of games, especially in the SVC. Do I dare say that I think they are closer to PV and ZT than I originally thought? :shock: I feel like they are clearly top 3 now in the SVC for certain.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:37 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:24 pm Unioto was at Logan Elm today. Missed the beginning of the back and forth stuff but when they treated it like a real game, Unioto scored 3 touchdowns and Logan Elm didn’t have any. Unioto’s defense was flying around and Fox looked unguardable. Their backup QB looked very sharp but I doubt he plays. #2 and #7 were making some plays on defense.
I am guessing that was Matt Griffin and Casey Dray, but in scrimmages numbers can be all over the place. Same question to you sir, in your opinion, do you think Unioto is better than a season ago? Maybe even considerably better?
I believe so. Only lost 4 seniors and have 19 seniors this year. Everyone got another year of experience. I’m guessing they’ll win more games

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:20 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:42 pm Hard to really say how much better. They played a ton of kids. Run defense is very good safeties and backers fly to the ball. At times the pass rush is good. I feel like we have to find the two best corners sometimes we don’t play the ball in the air well. Offense is totally different than last year. The skill guys are good and lot of ppl touch the ball. Fox is an all state receiver and I really like the two tailbacks. We are way under the radar right now which is fine with me. I feel like you will know all you need to know after the non conference schedule because with vinton county at Amanda at waverly if we can get two of three then we would be considerately better than last year imo. As for Logan elm they had some big backs, struggled to run but they ran some nice misdirection pass plays and completed some big ones. They had a huge tight end that made some good plays, them and zt should be a good game.
Good stuff. I feel like their depth is going to help them in a lot of games, especially in the SVC. Do I dare say that I think they are closer to PV and ZT than I originally thought? :shock: I feel like they are clearly top 3 now in the SVC for certain.
Unioto looked good at times, so-so at other times honestly. Not really sure on how good LE is but they had some nice tight ends. Unioto is running a complete different offense this year (Wing T). Fox looks the part and should have a huge year. If anyone was sleeping on Unioto in this league they better take notice cause they are going to play hard and be very competitive. PV, ZT and Unioto are going to be right in the mix.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:07 pm Any info on burgs scrimmage with London last night?
I thought it looked pretty even…maybe slight edge to Burg. Running game and o-line looked pretty good. Hit a couple big passes, at least one for a long score. Hopefully we take the lid off of the passing game a little more this season. It wasn’t against varsity competition but the freshman QB looked impressive.

Defense looked good up front…a lot of new reps in the secondary but they should be able to come along quickly.

Can not wait for 8/19!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Johnny b wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:13 pm Bellaire @ River 10am on 8/6.
Barnesville @ Martins ferry 10am on 8/6
How did Bellaire look

Johnny b
Waterboy

Post by Johnny b »

I didn't attend the scrimmage, but was told they looked good on offense and defense 28 to 14

Johnny b
Waterboy

Post by Johnny b »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:51 pm
Johnny b wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:13 pm Bellaire @ River 10am on 8/6.
Barnesville @ Martins ferry 10am on 8/6
How did Bellaire look
I was told Bellaire looked good on offense and defense. 28 to 14 Reds

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Meigs ties with Fairland 7-7

Meigs senior Conner Imboden catches an interception and takes it 50 yards to the house

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Any word on the River Valley & Portsmouth scrimmage?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Any word on Gallia scrimmage ?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:55 pm Any word on the River Valley & Portsmouth scrimmage?

Was told Portsmouth hasn't got their helmets back yet from getting reconditioned, that they was somehow lost.
Could just be a rumor.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:05 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:55 pm Any word on the River Valley & Portsmouth scrimmage?

Was told Portsmouth hasn't got their helmets back yet from getting reconditioned, that they was somehow lost.
Could just be a rumor.
I’ve heard it was a good scrimmage for both. RV will be definitely improved on offense. Defense is still a work in progress.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

In the actual “Scrimmage” portion, it was 7-0 Portsmouth.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Anyone know when valley has another scrimmage?

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

Valley scrimmages Notre Dame this Friday night in Lucasville. I do believe it is a 7 pm start.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Anyone known what time the Portsmouth & Waverly scrimmage is on Friday? 7pm?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Scrimmage Thursday 5:30 @ Tanks Memorial Stadium

Ironton vs Cincinnati Anderson

Return to “Football”