Waverly Tiger Football 2022

mustard
JV Team

Re: Waverly Tiger Football 2022

Post by mustard »

Waverly jv struggled last year and losing Robertson was huge but Crabtree is good. They will be ready to go.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Will be an interesting year. I could see a bit of a struggle but if get things figured out quickly might be 8-2 or 9-1

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Did the Tigers scrimmage today? If so, is there anything of note to report?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:39 pm Will be an interesting year. I could see a bit of a struggle but if get things figured out quickly might be 8-2 or 9-1
Pretty tall task looking at a very tough schedule. First 3 weeks will say alot

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:04 pm Did the Tigers scrimmage today? If so, is there anything of note to report?
The anchor of the offensive and defensive lines was out. Offense struggled. Ironton should be playing for a State Championship.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:07 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:39 pm Will be an interesting year. I could see a bit of a struggle but if get things figured out quickly might be 8-2 or 9-1
Pretty tall task looking at a very tough schedule. First 3 weeks will say alot
8-2 isn’t going to happen with that schedule.
Tigers need to win the first 3 to have a shot at an above .500 season.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

I think realistically Waverly is looking at 6-4 at best, doesn't have anything to do with today as Waverly didn't show anything offensively that they've installed. Going to be a lot of growing pains and hopefully by the time the end of the season rolls around they'll be much improved.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Will make sure the kids know that the guy calling there games think they’ll be lucky to go 500. That away to support the kids

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

allaboutsports wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 pm Will make sure the kids know that the guy calling there games think they’ll be lucky to go 500. That away to support the kids
Just being realistic and didn’t say they’d be lucky to go .500.
They need to win their first 3 games and everybody knows that.
Weeks 4 and 5 are Chillicothe and Johnson Central.
Wheelersburg and West are heavy favorites.
6-4 is realistic, not a terrible thing after losing 18 seniors, best class in years, and losing one of their best players to transfer.
Tigers are playing a bunch of underclassmen with little experience. That isn’t a knock - it’s reality.
I will be there supporting this program until I physically am unable me to do so. Anyone questioning that support really doesn’t know me…

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

smurray wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:54 am
allaboutsports wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 pm Will make sure the kids know that the guy calling there games think they’ll be lucky to go 500. That away to support the kids
6-4 is realistic, not a terrible thing after losing 18 seniors, best class in years, and losing one of their best players to transfer.
Tigers are playing a bunch of underclassmen with little experience. That isn’t a knock - it’s reality.
I will be there supporting this program until I physically am unable me to do so. Anyone questioning that support really doesn’t know me…
Are the games going to be on YouTube this year? Thanks in advance.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Amen, you never said anything about being lucky to go .500. It is the reality with this schedule that the team is going to struggle and hopefully we can get that 6-4 mark and maybe if a ball bounces right we hit 7-3 but I think 6-4 is that bench mark. Until the games start up and programs come out I don't think anyone truly understands how young we are at certain positions and some positions where a kid might be a junior or senior but very limited varsity experience. I'm just not going to sit here and say we're going 10-0 because the growing pains will be real but I do think this team will surprise some people even with the inexperience the running game and defense is going to keep us in a lot of games.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

This team has potential and problems early. They realistically have the range to win or lose 8 games. No identity at all. I Will Enjoy watching the growth this year. Or being able to show up 10 minutes before kickoff and have my choice of seat. Would love for the unexpected run to happen.Either way, Let’s Go!!!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

LetsBeReal wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:36 am This team has potential and problems early. They realistically have the range to win or lose 8 games. No identity at all. I Will Enjoy watching the growth this year. Or being able to show up 10 minutes before kickoff and have my choice of seat. Would love for the unexpected run to happen.Either way, Let’s Go!!!!
Good post LBR. Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination in terms of wins and loses.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tigernation2021
Varsity

LetsBeReal wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:36 am This team has potential and problems early. They realistically have the range to win or lose 8 games. No identity at all. I Will Enjoy watching the growth this year. Or being able to show up 10 minutes before kickoff and have my choice of seat. Would love for the unexpected run to happen.Either way, Let’s Go!!!!
Kind of curious given that there hasn't been a single regular season game played, how would a team form an identity?

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

I agree have to work on things in scrimmage and find out what works and what doesn't. I am sure they realized a lot of the things they did in Portsmouth scrimmage that did not work and learn from it. They have kids who hasn't got a lot of varsity experience. WR,DB,QB,DE but they are all good athletes. They will be fine and will form there own identity once they play a actual game. Waverly will have as much success this year that there coaches allow them to have. I hope they livestream the games this year and wish the kids a safe season.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:04 am
Kind of curious given that there hasn't been a single regular season game played, how would a team form an identity?
Generally going into a season”based on previous years,7 on 7 scrimmages” you have a pretty good idea what direction the team is going or what their potential is.

Outside of expecting Jase Hurd to continue and improve,there are a lot of question marks moving forward. Even with Jase. Was his success completely dependent on the Big Threat Wrs that graduated, can he step up and be the focal point of the offense or will it be someone else. There isn’t anyone making noise in the offense yet.

Defensively seems to be a huge question mark too. Really disappointed in the transfer out but that’s life.

If the injury bug takes a vacation this year and the O-Line can stay healthy, I really like where this season can go. O-Lineman are completely overlooked. I think they control the fate of the season more than usual this year.

I honestly don’t know how you can’t tell when a team is lacking an identity. It’s not a criticism of the team rather than just how some if not most feel right now. But most if not all are ready to listen to this year’s team tell us who they are!

We are all on here to talk about our teams and enjoy catching up on things we don’t know about and other interesting stuff. It’s a lot better when we can be respectfully open and honest about our schools.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

I know you are a great supporter of the Tigers......Just don't yell into the mic.....please. ;-)

;-)

Tigernation2021
Varsity

LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:50 pm
Generally going into a season”based on previous years,7 on 7 scrimmages” you have a pretty good idea what direction the team is going or what their potential is.

Outside of expecting Jase Hurd to continue and improve,there are a lot of question marks moving forward. Even with Jase. Was his success completely dependent on the Big Threat Wrs that graduated, can he step up and be the focal point of the offense or will it be someone else. There isn’t anyone making noise in the offense yet.

Defensively seems to be a huge question mark too. Really disappointed in the transfer out but that’s life.

If the injury bug takes a vacation this year and the O-Line can stay healthy, I really like where this season can go. O-Lineman are completely overlooked. I think they control the fate of the season more than usual this year.

I honestly don’t know how you can’t tell when a team is lacking an identity. It’s not a criticism of the team rather than just how some if not most feel right now. But most if not all are ready to listen to this year’s team tell us who they are!

We are all on here to talk about our teams and enjoy catching up on things we don’t know about and other interesting stuff. It’s a lot better when we can be respectfully open and honest about our schools.
No it’s more of a not showing anything and keeping things vanilla offensively. Tigers are a running team but let’s see how long it takes for the OC to figure that out.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:11 pm
LetsBeReal wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:50 pm

No it’s more of a not showing anything and keeping things vanilla offensively. Tigers are a running team but let’s see how long it takes for the OC to figure that out.
Doesn’t take much to see that now. Jace Hurd is putting up big numbers. I didn’t expect to have him close at or above 500 yards after week 2 but it’s definitely a pleasant surprise. The schedule this year is very favorable for building confidence and wins. That is critical for Qb development. Each week seems to see opponents get stronger. I Don’t know much about Johnson Central but I only see one game that seems to be a gimme the rest of the year. Also only one game where they are considerable underdogs. They are doing what they need to each week. They know how to win and they know who they are. Low expectations from most following who we lost. The ingredients are here to make a run. The bar has moved to 6-4 IMO. 9-1/8-2(Johnson central) isn’t crazy optimistic. 3-7 isn’t out of the question either.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Overall Team Statistics

The Automated ScoreBook

Waverly Tigers Overall Team Statistics (as of Oct 21, 2022)

All games

TEAM STATISTICS WAVERLY OPP

--------------------------------------------------------

SCORING....................... 341 340

Points Per Game............. 34.1 34.0

FIRST DOWNS................... 190 201

Rushing..................... 93 115

Passing..................... 77 61

Penalty..................... 20 25

RUSHING YARDAGE............... 1887 2299

Yards gained rushing........ 1979 2656

Yards lost rushing.......... 92 357