Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

greygoose
SEOP
Posts: 4761
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by greygoose »

XandOs wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:58 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 pm Ok, so I guess I will give you Pendleton has a few connections. But to tell me he made these kids better is the biggest crock I have ever heard. They were good before they came and he is just riding the coat tails of coaches around the area and stealing their coached up kids. Regional semi last year should show you everything you need to know of who are the premier coaching staff in the area by far.
All these great kids you speak of? Who of these kids had offers coming into Ironton. NONE. So we’re they good players. Probably so. Kids that aren’t good don’t play at schools like Ironton. When coach Pendleton got here the roster was depleted and talent was vacated and he took a team his first year with 30 guys and almost beat the state runner up JM Jonnies with far less talent. Wheelersburg is well coached and prepared. The people who say Ironton isn’t are foolish and Pendleton and Ironton live in their hearts and minds.
The young man from Ashland already had an offer to Kentucky before coming to Ironton, I'm sure Perkins had looks as well. Of course these kids already had a world of talent before getting to Ironton and Pendleton has 100% helped them along in order to get them offers. I was able to see the Ohio Showcase down at Ironton, you can tell by the hand and footwork that the Ironton kids are being taught well and are a bit more advanced in that area than a lot of the schools. So while I don't believe for a second that Pendleton hasn't advanced these kids in terms of exposure and just overall technique I also know that he was working with a really good athlete to start with. He's taken players at one level and helped push them to another level and I think ppl have to see that or at least acknowledge that no matter how bitter some might be.


TriState_34
Freshman Team
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by TriState_34 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:45 pm
XandOs wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:58 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:35 pm Ok, so I guess I will give you Pendleton has a few connections. But to tell me he made these kids better is the biggest crock I have ever heard. They were good before they came and he is just riding the coat tails of coaches around the area and stealing their coached up kids. Regional semi last year should show you everything you need to know of who are the premier coaching staff in the area by far.
All these great kids you speak of? Who of these kids had offers coming into Ironton. NONE. So we’re they good players. Probably so. Kids that aren’t good don’t play at schools like Ironton. When coach Pendleton got here the roster was depleted and talent was vacated and he took a team his first year with 30 guys and almost beat the state runner up JM Jonnies with far less talent. Wheelersburg is well coached and prepared. The people who say Ironton isn’t are foolish and Pendleton and Ironton live in their hearts and minds.
The young man from Ashland already had an offer to Kentucky before coming to Ironton, I'm sure Perkins had looks as well. Of course these kids already had a world of talent before getting to Ironton and Pendleton has 100% helped them along in order to get them offers. I was able to see the Ohio Showcase down at Ironton, you can tell by the hand and footwork that the Ironton kids are being taught well and are a bit more advanced in that area than a lot of the schools. So while I don't believe for a second that Pendleton hasn't advanced these kids in terms of exposure and just overall technique I also know that he was working with a really good athlete to start with. He's taken players at one level and helped push them to another level and I think ppl have to see that or at least acknowledge that no matter how bitter some might be.
Very fair assessment. Irontons staff is elite at development. Folks should keep in mind that means those atheletes develop as a unit. Not just the transfers. All of em develop physically and technique. Pendletons young & so is the staff. I don't think anyone has seen an Ironton team under Pendleton click on all cylinders yet. Boy if they do with this seasons talent....WATCH OUT.


JTEK
All State
Posts: 1174
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by JTEK »

TriState_34 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:43 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:45 pm
XandOs wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:58 pm

All these great kids you speak of? Who of these kids had offers coming into Ironton. NONE. So we’re they good players. Probably so. Kids that aren’t good don’t play at schools like Ironton. When coach Pendleton got here the roster was depleted and talent was vacated and he took a team his first year with 30 guys and almost beat the state runner up JM Jonnies with far less talent. Wheelersburg is well coached and prepared. The people who say Ironton isn’t are foolish and Pendleton and Ironton live in their hearts and minds.
The young man from Ashland already had an offer to Kentucky before coming to Ironton, I'm sure Perkins had looks as well. Of course these kids already had a world of talent before getting to Ironton and Pendleton has 100% helped them along in order to get them offers. I was able to see the Ohio Showcase down at Ironton, you can tell by the hand and footwork that the Ironton kids are being taught well and are a bit more advanced in that area than a lot of the schools. So while I don't believe for a second that Pendleton hasn't advanced these kids in terms of exposure and just overall technique I also know that he was working with a really good athlete to start with. He's taken players at one level and helped push them to another level and I think ppl have to see that or at least acknowledge that no matter how bitter some might be.
Very fair assessment. Irontons staff is elite at development. Folks should keep in mind that means those atheletes develop as a unit. Not just the transfers. All of em develop physically and technique. Pendletons young & so is the staff. I don't think anyone has seen an Ironton team under Pendleton click on all cylinders yet. Boy if they do with this seasons talent....WATCH OUT.
So whose fault is it that ironton hasn’t clicked on all cylinders in the Pendleton era?


SWHITE2002
JV Team
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:49 am

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Saying a player got better is one thing.

But comparing a kid as a 15/16 year old Sophomore versus a 17/18 year old senior and saying that’s development from the program?

Most kids that age could sit on the couch and be more physically imposing.

Some of these guys have literally been there since April or May. Ironton had nothing to do with their physical development.


mustard
Riding the Bench
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by mustard »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:33 am Saying a player got better is one thing.

But comparing a kid as a 15/16 year old Sophomore versus a 17/18 year old senior and saying that’s development from the program?

Most kids that age could sit on the couch and be more physically imposing.

Some of these guys have literally been there since April or May. Ironton had nothing to do with their physical development.
It’s because Ironton fans are trying to downplay that their success isn’t because of transfers, which is ridiculous. It’s 90% of it and 10% of work. Pendleton does what other good teams do, work hard in offseason.

Let’s look at this year, they essentially were bringing back the exact team minus their entire line. Last years team lost to burg in the region semifinals. Isn’t burg bringing back much of their entire team minus what like three or four impact players? But yet Ironton is going to be favored now to win region and possibly make it to state finals. How is that possible? It’s not because the coach found the green playbook from waterboy. It’s because he’s brought in some more studs. No team around here will have enough athletes to match them across the field. Fans of Ironton enjoy your wins. But be realistic already


Ironmen98
Varsity
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:04 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:33 am Saying a player got better is one thing.

But comparing a kid as a 15/16 year old Sophomore versus a 17/18 year old senior and saying that’s development from the program?

Most kids that age could sit on the couch and be more physically imposing.

Some of these guys have literally been there since April or May. Ironton had nothing to do with their physical development.
It’s because Ironton fans are trying to downplay that their success isn’t because of transfers, which is ridiculous. It’s 90% of it and 10% of work. Pendleton does what other good teams do, work hard in offseason.

Let’s look at this year, they essentially were bringing back the exact team minus their entire line. Last years team lost to burg in the region semifinals. Isn’t burg bringing back much of their entire team minus what like three or four impact players? But yet Ironton is going to be favored now to win region and possibly make it to state finals. How is that possible? It’s not because the coach found the green playbook from waterboy. It’s because he’s brought in some more studs. No team around here will have enough athletes to match them across the field. Fans of Ironton enjoy your wins. But be realistic already

Exciting times in Ironton. They’re the popular kid in school.


ohbuckeye2
SEOPS H
Posts: 7730
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Ironton, OH

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I’m sitting here watching the scrimmage between Ironton and Cincinnati Anderson.

Irontons line is getting no penetration, Andersons QB has all the time in the world to throw the ball and he’s doing it well. I don’t know how they score scrimmages but they scored 6 times to our 2 times although we had a couple drives inside the 20 and Anderson got the ball back, they had 1 drive inside our 20 and we got the ball back, all would have been 1st down plays. Overall, Irontons Pass Defense will have to pick it up a notch and the Line play has to improve. Anderson looks like a really good Team and passing seems to be their game. We needed this scrimmage bad. Irontons JV and Freshmen are looking good.

PS: Ironton has a Female Kicker that can boot those Extra Points and Field Goals

Go Fighting Tigers……


RBH23
Freshman Team
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:18 pm I’m sitting here watching the scrimmage between Ironton and Cincinnati Anderson.

Irontons line is getting no penetration, Andersons QB has all the time in the world to throw the ball and he’s doing it well. I don’t know how they score scrimmages but they scored 6 times to our 2 times although we had a couple drives inside the 20 and Anderson got the ball back, they had 1 drive inside our 20 and we got the ball back, all would have been 1st down plays. Overall, Irontons Pass Defense will have to pick it up a notch and the Line play has to improve. Anderson looks like a really good Team and passing seems to be their game. We needed this scrimmage bad. Irontons JV and Freshmen are looking good.

PS: Ironton has a Female Kicker that can boot those Extra Points and Field Goals

Go Fighting Tigers……
Although Ironton’s lines may need improvement, this is not the scrimmage to judge them against. Anderson is a different animal; no D5 teams will look like them.


art_vandelay
S
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by art_vandelay »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:18 pm I’m sitting here watching the scrimmage between Ironton and Cincinnati Anderson.

Irontons line is getting no penetration, Andersons QB has all the time in the world to throw the ball and he’s doing it well. I don’t know how they score scrimmages but they scored 6 times to our 2 times although we had a couple drives inside the 20 and Anderson got the ball back, they had 1 drive inside our 20 and we got the ball back, all would have been 1st down plays. Overall, Irontons Pass Defense will have to pick it up a notch and the Line play has to improve. Anderson looks like a really good Team and passing seems to be their game. We needed this scrimmage bad. Irontons JV and Freshmen are looking good.

PS: Ironton has a Female Kicker that can boot those Extra Points and Field Goals

Go Fighting Tigers……
Although Ironton’s lines may need improvement, this is not the scrimmage to judge them against. Anderson is a different animal; no D5 teams will look like them.
Yep...Anderson a D2 school with a solid program. Will likely be best team Ironton sees all year.*


RBH23
Freshman Team
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:11 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:18 pm I’m sitting here watching the scrimmage between Ironton and Cincinnati Anderson.

Irontons line is getting no penetration, Andersons QB has all the time in the world to throw the ball and he’s doing it well. I don’t know how they score scrimmages but they scored 6 times to our 2 times although we had a couple drives inside the 20 and Anderson got the ball back, they had 1 drive inside our 20 and we got the ball back, all would have been 1st down plays. Overall, Irontons Pass Defense will have to pick it up a notch and the Line play has to improve. Anderson looks like a really good Team and passing seems to be their game. We needed this scrimmage bad. Irontons JV and Freshmen are looking good.

PS: Ironton has a Female Kicker that can boot those Extra Points and Field Goals

Go Fighting Tigers……
Although Ironton’s lines may need improvement, this is not the scrimmage to judge them against. Anderson is a different animal; no D5 teams will look like them.
Yep...Anderson a D2 school with a solid program. Will likely be best team Ironton sees all year.*
They are the best team Ironton will see all year, especially Anderson’s offense.

In 2021 regular season, Anderson beat Clinton Massie (D4 state champ) and Winton Woods (D2 state champ).


ohbuckeye2
SEOPS H
Posts: 7730
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Ironton, OH

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:16 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:11 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 pm

Although Ironton’s lines may need improvement, this is not the scrimmage to judge them against. Anderson is a different animal; no D5 teams will look like them.
Yep...Anderson a D2 school with a solid program. Will likely be best team Ironton sees all year.*
They are the best team Ironton will see all year, especially Anderson’s offense.

In 2021 regular season, Anderson beat Clinton Massie (D4 state champ) and Winton Woods (D2 state champ).
Their Offense is on point, they have a great group of Receivers that’s for sure. They’ll definitely have a good year, very impressive Team.


TigerBob
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by TigerBob »

I was more encouraged than discouraged from what I saw from Ironton tonight. Offensive line held up Ok against a massive defensive front. Quarterback and receiver play was good against a more athletic team, Keyes looked good. Some of those throws and catches were stuff you just don’t see at the HS level, but some were legitimate breakdowns. Based on the past, I’m confident those will get fixed soon.

I will say, this made it even more laughable to me that people get on here and pretend Ironton has the best skill guys in the state. That team was significantly more athletic than Ironton from top to bottom. No shame in that, they are a good D2 program. Recruiting rankings don’t always equal high school production or ability.

Overall, a good scrimmage for Ironton that gets them ready for the opening gauntlet and something to fall back on come Regional Semis and later.


RBH23
Freshman Team
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:46 pm I was more encouraged than discouraged from what I saw from Ironton tonight. Offensive line held up Ok against a massive defensive front. Quarterback and receiver play was good against a more athletic team, Keyes looked good. Some of those throws and catches were stuff you just don’t see at the HS level, but some were legitimate breakdowns. Based on the past, I’m confident those will get fixed soon.

I will say, this made it even more laughable to me that people get on here and pretend Ironton has the best skill guys in the state. That team was significantly more athletic than Ironton from top to bottom. No shame in that, they are a good D2 program. Recruiting rankings don’t always equal high school production or ability.

Overall, a good scrimmage for Ironton that gets them ready for the opening gauntlet and something to fall back on come Regional Semis and later.
Ironton has the best talent in D5, not the best talent in the entire state regardless of division. No comparison to a top notch D2 school, especially one that can pass the ball like Anderson.


TigerBob
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by TigerBob »

Just another reminder of the gap between D2 and D5. I’ll be interested to see how they do this year. QB and WRs were legit.


Paulcrew
Freshman Team
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by Paulcrew »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:18 pm I’m sitting here watching the scrimmage between Ironton and Cincinnati Anderson.

Irontons line is getting no penetration, Andersons QB has all the time in the world to throw the ball and he’s doing it well. I don’t know how they score scrimmages but they scored 6 times to our 2 times although we had a couple drives inside the 20 and Anderson got the ball back, they had 1 drive inside our 20 and we got the ball back, all would have been 1st down plays. Overall, Irontons Pass Defense will have to pick it up a notch and the Line play has to improve. Anderson looks like a really good Team and passing seems to be their game. We needed this scrimmage bad. Irontons JV and Freshmen are looking good.

PS: Ironton has a Female Kicker that can boot those Extra Points and Field Goals

Go Fighting Tigers……
Although Ironton’s lines may need improvement, this is not the scrimmage to judge them against. Anderson is a different animal; no D5 teams will look like them.
💯


Paulcrew
Freshman Team
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by Paulcrew »

absolutely loved this scrimmage. reminded me of the old ironton/coal grove scrimmages of the 80s.
kudos to coach pendleton for not scrimmaging against patsies. this is another reason why his peers hate him.


Bfan99
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:55 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by Bfan99 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:46 pm I was more encouraged than discouraged from what I saw from Ironton tonight. Offensive line held up Ok against a massive defensive front. Quarterback and receiver play was good against a more athletic team, Keyes looked good. Some of those throws and catches were stuff you just don’t see at the HS level, but some were legitimate breakdowns. Based on the past, I’m confident those will get fixed soon.

I will say, this made it even more laughable to me that people get on here and pretend Ironton has the best skill guys in the state. That team was significantly more athletic than Ironton from top to bottom. No shame in that, they are a good D2 program. Recruiting rankings don’t always equal high school production or ability.

Overall, a good scrimmage for Ironton that gets them ready for the opening gauntlet and something to fall back on come Regional Semis and later.
RB #7 wasn’t Keys, #7 is Amari Felder. Keys changed his number to #5 this year. Keys did dress and precipitate in warmups but didn’t play. Another fan said he was nursing a hamstring but he did look fine running sprints in warmups


TigerBob
Freshman Team
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers 2022

Post by TigerBob »

Showed up late, wouldn’t have noticed that. Thanks. Certainly a nice addition then, I thought he ran well.


Post Reply

Return to “Football”