Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Post by OVCFan1 »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:21 pm GA might beat Ironton this season.
In all reality, the Rest of the OVC would have to combine and have Melvin coach them to beat Ironton...

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

JosephLeeB9 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:01 pm
superblue wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:59 am
loganlocos wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:08 pm

That would be something.
Yes it would. Probably one of the greatest upsets in Ohio high School football history... But I would love to see it ..

OVI would get a statue year 1 if that happened
I would say it would be a surprise if the blue devils won. But to be honest it would not even be their most surprising win over ironton. That would go to the team that broke the streak

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I noticed Gallia Academy’s new gym floor doesn’t have any OVC markers on it. I found that a little strange as most schools have their conference affiliation on the court. Is this a sign as to Gallia contemplating moving conferences in the future or am I reading this wrong?

JosephLeeB9
Waterboy

Post by JosephLeeB9 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:32 pm I noticed Gallia Academy’s new gym floor doesn’t have any OVC markers on it. I found that a little strange as most schools have their conference affiliation on the court. Is this a sign as to Gallia contemplating moving conferences in the future or am I reading this wrong?

you mean the swimming pool?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:32 pm I noticed Gallia Academy’s new gym floor doesn’t have any OVC markers on it. I found that a little strange as most schools have their conference affiliation on the court. Is this a sign as to Gallia contemplating moving conferences in the future or am I reading this wrong?
Not 100% sure on this, but I think Coal Grove may be the only team with OVC branding on their court. I remember seeing it at Coal Grove and thinking it was unique.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ed Gennero wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:36 am
countywide35 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:38 pm Gotta build a football stadium
They have a football stadium.

How in the world. Do you have a brand new school at Gallia Academy high school ? The campus they currently have.

But instead of a awesome football stadium to go with it. You guys got a hillside full of solar panels. Which is Aweosme. ILOVE the solar idea. But no football Staduim at the campus when it was built new.

Stinks.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

AD at Gallia are you going there also on July 11th ???sweep,sweep and sweep !!! 😂

JosephLeeB9
Waterboy

Post by JosephLeeB9 »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:19 pm AD at Gallia are you going there also on July 11th ???sweep,sweep and sweep !!! 😂
they have added checkpoints to memorial. Prob for their head coach
Attachments
DDF7FE93-D07E-433A-905D-83158E807736.jpeg

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

JosephLeeB9 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:45 pm
Geronimo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:19 pm AD at Gallia are you going there also on July 11th ???sweep,sweep and sweep !!! 😂

Appreciate you posting the pic. I haven’t seen the new painted walkway. Great job Coach Carter and staff.

IRONBLUE
Waterboy

Post by IRONBLUE »

It’s easy to throw stones when you have never made a mistake. I’m impressed by your perfection. Move out of his way and let him coach.. I hope your not local.. communities that are great are supportive, they do not tear down someone, especially their head football coach.. I grew up in Jackson, we have had a lot imperfect coaches but we stood by them while they led us to many championship games.

IRONBLUE
Waterboy

Post by IRONBLUE »

It’s easy to throw stones when you have never made a mistake. I’m impressed by your perfection. Move out of his way and let him coach.. I hope your not local.. communities that are great are supportive, they do not tear down someone, especially their head football coach.. I grew up in Jackson, we have had a lot imperfect coaches but we stood by them while they led us to many championship games.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Going to wash the carpenter again??? Some do no wrong ?others get the boot?😔 sad.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Nice post 305 but they should paint a post on his back "stop and think before you do" jmo 4-6 good luck you need it.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

All the snide remarks about the coach needs to go away if you want to talk about the coach make a separate thread for it. If coach takes responsibility for making a mistake and parents, players and school board ok with it. It is none of our buisness. People make mistakes and bad decisions. It is changes you make after those decisions that you should be judged.

As long as we are not teaching kids that if you have enough money and influence the law does not pertain to you. And we’re teaching them you take responsibility for your mistakes and move on with your life I couldn’t care less.

look I was a coach Penrod guy history shows that. But I am a Gallia academy football fan and supporter of the kids no matter who the coach is or my personal opinion about him.

Now let’s keep this thread about football. I am cautiously optimistic about the season.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Well put, svac83.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Well the comment about the Staduim folks was absolutely ZERO intents of gettin something started about the coach/the staff/the program.

As a bitter hatred rival towards you for many SEOAL championships. I hope nothing but the best for the program due to the respect it made me have towards it when I was a player.

All I was saying. Is. That you guys have an Absloutly Beautiful school / campus / etc.

It just blows my mind that what’s there is there and the tradition rich GA Football Program did not get a brand new facility to go with it.

Like I said. I hope nothing for the best for the program and a new Staduim is built soon.

Cause we would enjoy kickin your guys A$$ again.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:37 pm Well the comment about the Staduim folks was absolutely ZERO intents of gettin something started about the coach/the staff/the program.

As a bitter hatred rival towards you for many SEOAL championships. I hope nothing but the best for the program due to the respect it made me have towards it when I was a player.

All I was saying. Is. That you guys have an Absloutly Beautiful school / campus / etc.

It just blows my mind that what’s there is there and the tradition rich GA Football Program did not get a brand new facility to go with it.

Like I said. I hope nothing for the best for the program and a new Staduim is built soon.

We dont have a football stadium because it was not important enough. Gallia cant even get a operational school levy passed above the bare minimum. Underneath the funding program that was chosen. Not one dollar of the raised funds to build the school could go to athletic facilities. So now it all has to be done through donations. it will be years

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The truth behind that is back in the day they would not change the name to Holzer field was one reason !!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I believe there are a lot of people that want stay at Memorial Field because of tradition. I have had crews of officials that refuse to work games there anymore.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

svac83 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:48 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:37 pm Well the comment about the Staduim folks was absolutely ZERO intents of gettin something started about the coach/the staff/the program.

We dont have a football stadium because it was not important enough. Gallia cant even get a operational school levy passed above the bare minimum. Underneath the funding program that was chosen. Not one dollar of the raised funds to build the school could go to athletic facilities. So now it all has to be done through donations. it will be years

A disagreement over The field not being re-named “Holzer Field” makes sense but to not build the Staduim over it is a little over the top.

So how did the new tennis courts. New Track.
New Softball/ new Baseball stadiums get built ?? All donotations. GA jut received a new floor for the gym correct ?? And if I recall I saw a pic of it and it was awesome looking.

But what about the football players and football program ?

Maybe you GA folks could add to this. But had a person tell us at a baseball game there this past spring that there had been a private donation towards a new Staduim that would kick this thing into motion and they were actually looking about the acquisition of land for possible site locations there around the school ?? Have NO IDEA how true that is.

Return to “Football”