TVC 2022

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: TVC 2022

Post by SiderBlood »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:24 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:34 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:46 am Is Jackson football really going to play VC, sometime in the near future? Or is that just rumor at this point?
It’s not even a rumor. Jackson’s schedule is locked in.
VC has week 3 open as of now for 2023 and I’m sure Jackson is scheduled out a couple years as well. VC has to prove themselves before adding a Jackson type program to the schedule.
I'd like to see Portsmouth West pick a game up with VC. I think we have an open spot in 2023.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:10 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:34 am

It’s not even a rumor. Jackson’s schedule is locked in.
VC has week 3 open as of now for 2023 and I’m sure Jackson is scheduled out a couple years as well. VC has to prove themselves before adding a Jackson type program to the schedule.
I'd like to see Portsmouth West pick a game up with VC. I think we have an open spot in 2023.
This talk of Scheduling Jackson or even Portsmouth west is funny. Thats not happening, we like to schedule the rock hills and crooksvilles.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

VC94 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:26 pm

This talk of Scheduling Jackson or even Portsmouth west is funny. Thats not happening, we like to schedule the rock hills and crooksvilles.
Gotta crawl before you can walk

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Who would you schedule for the Vikings in the non conference of it were up to you and why would you schedule them?

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:12 pm
Who would you schedule for the Vikings in the non conference of it were up to you and why would you schedule them?
Not Rock Hill or the God awful trip to crooksville in years prior. Rock Hill is a gimme with no first or second level points. But may not matter because of how teams aren’t taken bow

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC94 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:41 pm
Not Rock Hill or the God awful trip to crooksville in years prior. Rock Hill is a gimme with no first or second level points. But may not matter because of how teams aren’t taken bow
VC has never gone to Crooksville. You didn’t answer the question though, who would your 4 non conference opponents be and why?

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:48 pm
VC has never gone to Crooksville. You didn’t answer the question though, who would your 4 non conference opponents be and why?
Never went to Crooksville because of covid, but it was still scheduled in the intent to travel there. Terrible schedule

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC94 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:57 pm
Never went to Crooksville because of covid, but it was still scheduled in the intent to travel there. Terrible schedule
Again, you are wrong. We didn’t go to Crooksville because their stadium was unfit to host games. They were on the road all of 2021 because of that. I’ll ask again for a third time, what would you have as VC’s 4 non conference games.

As a side note, we gave Crooksville half of our gate money last year because they couldn’t host. Pretty admirable if you ask me.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:08 pm
VC94 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:57 pm

Again, you are wrong. We didn’t go to Crooksville because their stadium was unfit to host games. They were on the road all of 2021 because of that. I’ll ask again for a third time, what would you have as VC’s 4 non conference games.

As a side note, we gave Crooksville half of our gate money last year because they couldn’t host. Pretty admirable if you ask me.
Buddy, why do i care about the gate money, and why do i care about crooksville being unfit to host games? 😂😂 My point was we, as in VC, scheduled them for a 2 year contract, correct? Bad schedule

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

To me I’d like to see
Logan they are a bigger school and short drive good gate play in other sports
Waverly have been good in recent history close same size school short travel good measuring stick game
I like the unioto series same size school good game for week 1
Jackson look I know we hardly ever beat them but way I hear things vc has a bunch of kids out that’s were Jackson always got them had more gas more bodies great measuring stick game let’s you know where you are in pecking order in se ohio
I’ll add gallia academy close same size hood team usually I think would be a excellent series to start

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Nelsonville

Vinton/Meigs/Athens fighting for a distant second place.

I think Nelsonville maybe gets to the round of 16. Vinton probably makes playoffs due to ridiculous top 16 and be down 25 in the first half of first game. Meigs snd Athens probably similar.

I’m not buying the vikes yet. Hype video and the big trainers should be fine in the tvc but the big boys around southern Ohio would hammer them. I think they are going the right direction but everyone too wound up about if, feels like bengals fans.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:37 pm Nelsonville

I think Nelsonville maybe gets to the round of 16. Vinton probably makes playoffs due to ridiculous top 16 and be down 25 in the first half of first game. Meigs snd Athens probably similar.

I’m not buying the vikes yet. Hype video and the big trainers should be fine in the tvc but the big boys around southern Ohio would hammer them. I think they are going the right direction but everyone too wound up about if, feels like bengals fans.
First of all, I’m a Browns fan. Second of all, VC has zero respect right now and rightfully so. The last 5 years have been mediocre and last season the Vikings really didn’t have that marquee win against anyone. Plus they couldn’t stop Meadowbrook in the playoffs. However, the people here in the County know how hard the kids have been working and we expect this year to be a breakout season. It’s been a long time since we could say that. The only way to gain respect like the Jackson’s, Burgs, Irontons, are to win and be consistent. We have to prove it. I think this team is ready to take that step but I absolutely understand that respect is earned on the field. NY will be the team to beat, no doubt. Athens will be tough as well. Meigs and RV won’t be pushovers either. This will be a fun TVC Ohio race.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Albundy33 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:17 pm To me I’d like to see
Logan they are a bigger school and short drive good gate play in other sports
Waverly have been good in recent history close same size school short travel good measuring stick game
I like the unioto series same size school good game for week 1
Jackson look I know we hardly ever beat them but way I hear things vc has a bunch of kids out that’s were Jackson always got them had more gas more bodies great measuring stick game let’s you know where you are in pecking order in se ohio
I’ll add gallia academy close same size hood team usually I think would be a excellent series to start
Logan was contacted about a game and they are not interested to say the least. Jackson could pop up in a few years if VC can stay competitive. Portsmouth West will be on the Vikings schedule soon. Possibly next season. That will be a solid non conference opponent and a good measuring stick game. Waverly has been on the Vikings schedule in years past so I wouldn’t rule them out in the future as well.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Dundas wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:45 pm

I don’t really know anyone from Vinton county so I wasn’t saying anyone was a bengals Judah just that the talk on here sounds like bengals fans on Twitter. I’m actually a bengals fan but many of my likes annoy me, probably because I’m way older than most of them.

First of all, I’m a Browns fan. Second of all, VC has zero respect right now and rightfully so. The last 5 years have been mediocre and last season the Vikings really didn’t have that marquee win against anyone. Plus they couldn’t stop Meadowbrook in the playoffs. However, the people here in the County know how hard the kids have been working and we expect this year to be a breakout season. It’s been a long time since we could say that. The only way to gain respect like the Jackson’s, Burgs, Irontons, are to win and be consistent. We have to prove it. I think this team is ready to take that step but I absolutely understand that respect is earned on the field. NY will be the team to beat, no doubt. Athens will be tough as well. Meigs and RV won’t be pushovers either. This will be a fun TVC Ohio race.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:15 pm

I don’t really know anyone from Vinton county so I wasn’t saying anyone was a bengals Judah just that the talk on here sounds like bengals fans on Twitter. I’m actually a bengals fan but many of my likes annoy me, probably because I’m way older than most of them.

I hope Vinton goes 9-1. We would love to get all those playoff points.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:46 am

I hope VC goes 9-1, at least, too. But trust me when I say if they do the one loss won't be to Trimble if that's what you're hoping for. They have better teams than Trimble on the schedule fer sure.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

Justy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:37 am
I hope VC goes 9-1, at least, too. But trust me when I say if they do the one loss won't be to Trimble if that's what you're hoping for. They have better teams than Trimble on the schedule fer sure.
What teams would those be?

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Sheridan, Logan Elm and Harvest Prep come to Boston Field tonight for 7on7 and lineman challenge

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:29 am

Unioto, Warren and Nelsonville to name a few.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Justy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:06 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:29 am

Unioto, Warren and Nelsonville to name a few.
Athens and Rock Hill probably are as well.

Return to “Football”