Belpre 2022 Football

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Re: Belpre 2022 Football

Post by Tiger73 »

Kids will play if they have confidence in the coach and the program. Bringing in a colorful or animated Coach just to buzz up the community for the levy vote is a destructive plan. This is gamesmanship by the board leader Big M. He thinks he has all
The right answers when in the end it hurts kids.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Tiger73 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:10 am Kids will play if they have confidence in the coach and the program. Bringing in a colorful or animated Coach just to buzz up the community for the levy vote is a destructive plan. This is gamesmanship by the board leader Big M. He thinks he has all
The right answers when in the end it hurts kids.
You really don’t like this guy, huh Tiger? Lol

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Mister B you are 100% correct!!

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

chrishilton91 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:04 am

Mr. B. Why don't you run for the BOE again and help get things straightened out before everyone has to buy blue clothes like I did.?
There are 2 things that I am not going to do again...

1. Run for the BOE again because it is truly a thankless job and the last 2 years of my 16 years on the BOE I didn't enjoy doing it. But thanks for the encouragement, it does mean something to hear your thoughts.

2. I am not going to post as Mister B anymore. Instead, I will use my real name that folks around Belpre know me by. I have always posted the positive about Belpre sports on here over the years for the sake of the kids and I will always look for the positive in all of our programs but if there is anything that I post that someone doesn't agree with then they can contact my directly and know who the individual is that they are talking to. I have just come to the realization we all are better off being up front with our online identities. That way if the powers to be at Belpre don't like my opinions then they can contact me directly instead of brothering the MODS on here because I am sure someone in charge is reading all of this. As for the other users on here, I will totally respect your privacy via your user name.

For the players sake, I hope this season is better than last year. I will leave the discussion of a path forward to improving the football program at Belpre until after the season is finished.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Tuna73
Waterboy

Post by Tuna73 »

chrishilton91 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:04 am And I heard that one of the three Parkersburg kids that transfered last year, transfered back to Parkersburg. Note: his grandfather is a coach at Belpre lol.

Mr. B. Why don't you run for the BOE again and help get things straightened out before everyone has to buy blue clothes like I did.?
I believe he stayed they asked him to come back and play for them again but last that I heard he’s still at Belpre and plans on sticking around.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

We will not finish the Warren game or it will become a low level jv or freshman game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good luck

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

I like this hire...the BOE hired Jesse Berzonski as a varsity asst coach tonight. He is a new 7/8 teacher at our middle school.

He played college ball (DL) at Marietta and HS ball at Hampton High in Gibsonia, PA. They are a part of the WPIAL. Boys from western PA have a rather good pedigree in football.

I noticed that he is working with our interior linemen.

As a 7/8 grade teacher, I hope he can encourage enough boys to come out for junior high football in the next few days/weeks so that we can field a junior high team this year.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Read the pigskin preview today on Belpre and came away even more worried about the state of their program. Do they even finish their game tomorrow night? Starting with only 14-15 players is a recipe for disaster.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Tuna73 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:44 am
chrishilton91 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:04 am And I heard that one of the three Parkersburg kids that transfered last year, transfered back to Parkersburg. Note: his grandfather is a coach at Belpre lol.

I believe he stayed they asked him to come back and play for them again but last that I heard he’s still at Belpre and plans on sticking around.
Know for a fct he is at Parkersburg!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

BJCassady wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:45 pm I like this hire...the BOE hired Jesse Berzonski as a varsity asst coach tonight. He is a new 7/8 teacher at our middle school.

He played college ball (DL) at Marietta and HS ball at Hampton High in Gibsonia, PA. They are a part of the WPIAL. Boys from western PA have a rather good pedigree in football.

As a 7/8 grade teacher, I hope he can encourage enough boys to come out for junior high football in the next few days/weeks so that we can field a junior high team this year.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Yes since he played D3 college ball that means he should be a great high school coach. I mean just look at how well the D1 HC has been doing. I can see this season turning around now that they've added another coach that played in college.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

BJCassady wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:45 pm I like this hire...the BOE hired Jesse Berzonski as a varsity asst coach tonight. He is a new 7/8 teacher at our middle school.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
Berzonski was a good nose guard for Marietta. He’s a good guy too, this is a quality get for them.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Smart move. Maybe the Supt is waking up and not being run by phony Big M. No kidding, Big M can “ ruin anything”.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Smart move. Maybe the Supt is waking up and not being run by phony Big M. No kidding, Big M can “ ruin anything”.

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Ask any group of coaches….Bell is a joke

Ask our general public….Big M messes things up

Ask kids….Bell is a joke

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Tiger73 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:55 am Ask any group of coaches….Bell is a joke

Ask kids….Bell is a joke
I mean Big M is highly qualified for the board after stocking shelves at Kroger for 42 years.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

chrishilton91 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:02 pm
Tiger73 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:55 am Ask any group of coaches….Bell is a joke

Ask kids….Bell is a joke
I mean Big M is highly qualified for the board after stocking shelves at Kroger for 42 years.
You can learn a lot at a local Kroger if you just listen. Ask all the arm chair experts at Trimble, they'll tell you. But you might have to go to the Kroger to talk to them. :lol:

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Yes since he played D3 college ball that means he should be a great high school coach. I mean just look at how well the D1 HC has been doing. I can see this season turning around now that they've added another coach that played in college.
[/quote]

Sir, you missed the whole point of my post.

We turn this around by doing several different things...

1. Hiring teacher/coaches that will be around the school daily and get more boys into the program, this year and next.

2. Have a junior high team...we haven't had one for 2 years. We have 10 boys right now. Maybe he can get another 5 -10 boys to come out for the team now that school is in session and have a team. Even if we don't have enough to play games this year at that level we still need to have them practice. They need to wear their team jerseys on game day to feel as part as the program.

3. Coach Berzonski is just removed from college ball, regardless of the level. Give him a chance and not be so critical of lack of actual coaching experience because he is a position coach and not the HC. Shoot, coach Holder only played ball at Glenville and he turned out to be a darn good coach. With him just being out of college he probably has more experience that he can pass on. I'm not going to knock our current staff but did any of them go to any coaching clinics in the off season? I would hazard a guess and say no.

Lastly, the season starts tonight. I wish we had more boys out but we go into the season with the numbers we currently have. Maybe our new AD, HC and new asst teacher/coach and others can get another 5 - 10 boys out in the next week or two.

I'm supporting our coaches so our kids can have a season. I hope we don't suffer any bad injuries, win some games and most importantly finish the season. I am confident we can accomplish that much.

I will save my complaints until after the season but right now I am supporting our staff for the good of the players and the program.

As always....

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Tiger73 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 am Smart move. Maybe the Supt is waking up and not being run by phony Big M. No kidding, Big M can “ ruin anything”.
Your unwavering (and remarkably consistent) slandering of this "Big M" guy is grade-A entertainment on this site lol
I don't live in Belpre so I don't know who this guy is, other than that he's apparently on the school board. But you just go at him every chance you get and it is hilarious. Good stuff man! lol

Tiger73
Freshman Team

Post by Tiger73 »

Warren has a great coaching staff.
Warren has great facilities.
Warren has a good Board.
Warren has a all-business Admin group.
Warren has lots of kids playing sports.
Warren passed their levy.

Return to “Football”