Warren football 2022

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Warren football 2022

Post by Dundas »

The County Resident wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:40 pm As a Vinton County parent and fan, I’m excited to see the rematch between VC / Warren this Fall. VC was out coached last year and they constantly reference it as motivation for themselves.

Is the RB back that ran all over VC last year? That boy was a stud.
Yes, he returns this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dundas wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:45 pm
The County Resident wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:40 pm As a Vinton County parent and fan, I’m excited to see the rematch between VC / Warren this Fall. VC was out coached last year and they constantly reference it as motivation for themselves.

Is the RB back that ran all over VC last year? That boy was a stud.
Yes, he returns this year.
Don't for sure but I think the RB has been mending since football. Was one heck of a runner in track when in middle school and didn't run this spring. Well missed on the track. If he runs this coming spring and along with a very talented incoming freshmen class, Warren will be hard to beat come next spring.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Things looking up more for Warren, heard last night 2 more players decided to take the commitment to be part of the Warrior program, both great athletes.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

96Champ wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:49 am Things looking up more for Warren, heard last night 2 more players decided to take the commitment to be part of the Warrior program, both great athletes.
Great to hear. But don't get too good or a few certain teams will never vote for you to join the TVC. :mrgreen:

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:50 am
96Champ wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:49 am Things looking up more for Warren, heard last night 2 more players decided to take the commitment to be part of the Warrior program, both great athletes.
Great to hear. But don't get too good or a few certain teams will never vote for you to join the TVC. :mrgreen:
Its FINE Warren got a new league, TVC won't let nothing go after over 35 years when Warren left.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nice to hear...and hope the league turns out to be a strong one for the future of the SEO.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

96Champ wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:35 am
Its FINE Warren got a new league, TVC won't let nothing go after over 35 years when Warren left.
I say bring them them on. Meigs can't win the league anyway, haven't since Mike Chancey was the coach, so what's one more team they can't beat? Of course VC wanted nothing to do with this idea when Combs was there but he's gone now so maybe the new basketball coach isn't afraid of a little competition?

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

96Champ wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:35 am
I hope Warren gets back in the TVC sometime soon. It's a good fit.

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Warren had there first 2 days of camp and the engery from the kids is unreal watching from above the kids are liking the coach and what he is trying to bring to Warren. One step at a time but things are really looking good. The New ball coach is taking no shortcuts with these kids Effort and Attitude. After the practice you saw the H.C. headed to the pee wees where it all begins building that foundation for the future.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

Good report from Vincent. Warren hosted a 7v7 and finished 5-0. Played Oak Hill, South Point, River Valley and Waterford. Beat Waterford in the finals. They are competing and using their athletes well. The QB can sling it and his receivers are executing very well so far. Good luck to the Warriors this season.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:59 pm Good report from Vincent. Warren hosted a 7v7 and finished 5-0. Played Oak Hill, South Point, River Valley and Waterford. Beat Waterford in the finals. They are competing and using their athletes well. The QB can sling it and his receivers are executing very well so far. Good luck to the Warriors this season.
If Warren can be effective throwing the ball a bit that will make things better for Williams the rb…could be a pretty decent offense for the warriors. Just dont know what the have on the o line

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

I figure Warren will have a decent offense. QB Taylor and RB Williams are great. The WR transfer from Williamstown is pretty good as well and they have a couple more receivers that are solid. I imagine the concern would be the O-Line & Defense. IMO, They will win more games than they lose this year.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I would confidently say Williams is the only true game breaker we have. If he’s on and healthy, he can beat you by himself. Taylor has potential but needs to live up to it. I think he can in the right system. Personally, I think the defense will be just fine. It’s unquestionably been our best unit the last two years. The concern for me would be up front on both sides, particularly offense. My opinion (which means nothing) is a 6-4 or 7-3 record, give or take a few in either column.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Picket Fence wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:14 am I figure Warren will have a decent offense. QB Taylor and RB Williams are great. The WR transfer from Williamstown is pretty good as well and they have a couple more receivers that are solid. I imagine the concern would be the O-Line & Defense. IMO, They will win more games than they lose this year.
Taylor is not great. Right now he hasnt even proven to be a decent hs qb. Williams is a really good player but Taylor need to prove himself

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

redblue85 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:45 pm
Picket Fence wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:14 am I figure Warren will have a decent offense. QB Taylor and RB Williams are great. The WR transfer from Williamstown is pretty good as well and they have a couple more receivers that are solid. I imagine the concern would be the O-Line & Defense. IMO, They will win more games than they lose this year.
Taylor is not great. Right now he hasnt even proven to be a decent hs qb. Williams is a really good player but Taylor need to prove himself

In Taylor’s defense he’s still only a junior, didn’t really have a lot of receiving help the first two years of his career and now has his 2nd coach already. I have no doubt he’ll excel this year with the added receiver help and athletes around him. If Warren can stay healthy, they will be a tough game every week. The core of their team is sophomores and juniors. The future looks pretty good for the program.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:50 am I would confidently say Williams is the only true game breaker we have. If he’s on and healthy, he can beat you by himself. Taylor has potential but needs to live up to it. I think he can in the right system. Personally, I think the defense will be just fine. It’s unquestionably been our best unit the last two years. The concern for me would be up front on both sides, particularly offense. My opinion (which means nothing) is a 6-4 or 7-3 record, give or take a few in either column.
I’m pretty sure he’s giving his honest opinion on Taylor.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

I dont expect Trent to put up the numbers his brother, Kurt did. Atleast not this season. That's asking a lot of any QB. But if he can just be decent, which he very well can be, then I expect the offense to really put up some good numbers this year. I cant wait until Trent, and Nugget are seniors next season. That will really be fun.

I'm excited for this season. Hopeful for 6 or 7 wins, and be a springboard going into next season. Liking what I'm hearing from Coach Peyton. This program is trending in the right direction. Exciting times in Vincent. Can't wait to see them play

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:58 pm I dont expect Trent to put up the numbers his brother, Kurt did. Atleast not this season. That's asking a lot of any QB. But if he can just be decent, which he very well can be, then I expect the offense to really put up some good numbers this year. I cant wait until Trent, and Nugget are seniors next season. That will really be fun.

I'm excited for this season. Hopeful for 6 or 7 wins, and be a springboard going into next season. Liking what I'm hearing from Coach Peyton. This program is trending in the right direction. Exciting times in Vincent. Can't wait to see them play
For Trent to do that, he needs an Evan Gandee like his brother had. There aren’t many of him walking around on our team right now. But like you said, all we need is for him to be decent and I think he can be as well.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

beg003 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:23 pm
Bucknuts88 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:58 pm I dont expect Trent to put up the numbers his brother, Kurt did. Atleast not this season. That's asking a lot of any QB. But if he can just be decent, which he very well can be, then I expect the offense to really put up some good numbers this year. I cant wait until Trent, and Nugget are seniors next season. That will really be fun.

For Trent to do that, he needs an Evan Gandee like his brother had. There aren’t many of him walking around on our team right now. But like you said, all we need is for him to be decent and I think he can be as well.
The younger Taylor boy is not as good as his older brother and neither as good as their dad was…The younger brother seems like more of a basketball player

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:23 pm

From what I’ve heard, Warren has some receivers and a system that will produce a lot of passing yards. If Williams gets a loaded box, like he respectfully should, there will be some good passing opportunities along with him coming out in the flats.

Return to “Football”