Logan Football 2022

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Re: Logan Football 2022

Post by Tomcat Queen »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:40 am
Tomcat Queen wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:15 am
svac83 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:51 pm I could be wrong but i think logan will be better this year if they have the talent. Just got a feeling it is about time the culture has taken over and the hard work will begin to pay off
If Logan gets good enough I would like to see them playing Trimble. That would be a good game to see where the teams are and good playoff points. The stadiums would be packed out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Hope Logan Football gets it going again. In Southeastern OHio most schools will have cycles of good and bad teams. When you win like Jackson, Ironton, Burg, Trimble. Kids will move in also and want to be a part of something like that. If Logan Starts to win again and Players go on and play in college Logan could be a strong program once again in the Southeast.

If that happens Logan wouldn't need to play Trimble honestly a school the size of Logan the only school that benefits from playing that game is Trimble whether Logan is good or not.

Anyway Good Luck Logan in the new conference and hope you bring the tradition back its good for SE Ohio football.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

wch125 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:37 pm Hope Logan Football gets it going again. In Southeastern OHio most schools will have cycles of good and bad teams. When you win like Jackson, Ironton, Burg, Trimble. Kids will move in also and want to be a part of something like that. If Logan Starts to win again and Players go on and play in college Logan could be a strong program once again in the Southeast.

If that happens Logan wouldn't need to play Trimble honestly a school the size of Logan the only school that benefits from playing that game is Trimble whether Logan is good or not.

Anyway Good Luck Logan in the new conference and hope you bring the tradition back its good for SE Ohio football.
NY gets their share of transfers too. Tradition will do that for ya. :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

justlovefootball wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:53 am I really wish the high school coach(es) would become somewhat involved in the program down through middle school and youth. Let the kids see what they are working for, get them excited to get there, see what kind of athletes are coming to plan for. Just waiting for the kids to arrive that you know nothing about and saying this is what we are going to do regardless of the athletes you have is not the way to go. Try to get the kids to want to stick with it and play in high school.
I think you'll see more of that this year. Or at least I hope so.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chieftain Fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:18 am There is something that changes the attitude in Jr High . That is the pivotal years where the best athletes decide not to play football and concentrate on other sports . That’s been the case the last 6 or 7 years . If you want to build a successful program that enthusiasm that was in the youth program needs to continue . The big question is how and who has the ability to make sure that happens . Whatever the answer it needs to happen soon because the OCC will be challenging . Go Chiefs !!!!
New coaches at the junior high level that have me excited about the overall organization and direction of the MS program. I'm hopeful we'll start to see a return to the excitement and foundations that once were built by Coach Hermann and the Breining brothers during the 2000s...

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:28 am
Chieftain Fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:18 am There is something that changes the attitude in Jr High . That is the pivotal years where the best athletes decide not to play football and concentrate on other sports . That’s been the case the last 6 or 7 years . If you want to build a successful program that enthusiasm that was in the youth program needs to continue . The big question is how and who has the ability to make sure that happens . Whatever the answer it needs to happen soon because the OCC will be challenging . Go Chiefs !!!!
New coaches at the junior high level that have me excited about the overall organization and direction of the MS program. I'm hopeful we'll start to see a return to the excitement and foundations that once were built by Coach Hermann and the Breining brothers during the 2000s...
Hate that the Breinings are not involved anymore at the lower levels. Had kids excited every year and wanting to get better and they were both positive influences.

Live Like A Champion!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logangrad wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:47 am
Hate that the Breinings are not involved anymore at the lower levels. Had kids excited every year and wanting to get better and they were both positive influences.
Used to have a heckuva a pipeline with those guys doing MS, Huntsy taking the freshmen, and giving some darn good football players for Amyx and staff to do their thing with. It was a machine.

Til they fix all levels the program will be behind where it once was.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 am

Used to have a heckuva a pipeline with those guys doing MS, Huntsy taking the freshmen, and giving some darn good football players for Amyx and staff to do their thing with. It was a machine.

Til they fix all levels the program will be behind where it once was.
That's what keeps Trimble going year after year. They have a good thing going all the way up through the grades. The only time they have a hiccup is when some daddy suddenly becomes a football expert, most times they didn't even play, and tries to help coach just to get his kid playing time, or to play a certain position. But Phil usually keeps good tabs on that and gets them under control.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

They were great teachers of the fundamentals and mechanics of the positions and of the game. Those who know them know they are very enthusiast about the game and the players. They would go the extra mile for the players to help them succeed in the game and life and that built long lasting relationships with those players to this day. You just don't see that too much these days.

AT THE RESERVATION
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

1987chieftains wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:18 am

They were great teachers of the fundamentals and mechanics of the positions and of the game. Those who know them know they are very enthusiast about the game and the players. They would go the extra mile for the players to help them succeed in the game and life and that built long lasting relationships with those players to this day. You just don't see that too much these days.
No you don't. Too many daddy's coaching wanting junior to play QB, or whatever position daddy wished he would have gotten to play back when he quit in jr high or high school because the coach screwed him over and "played his favorites." :mrgreen:

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Chiefs will scrimmage NY on 8/5 it appears

Live Like A Champion!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Logangrad wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:09 am Chiefs will scrimmage NY on 8/5 it appears
I believe it is 8/6 at Logan. 10:00am

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:35 am
Logangrad wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:09 am Chiefs will scrimmage NY on 8/5 it appears
I believe it is 8/6 at Logan. 10:00am
Thank ya for the clarification.

Live Like A Champion!
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

I see the new athletic director bolted already for Pick Central. Anybody know the reason for this? She said she liked Logan and it felt like her hometown. I'm guessing more money and a closer drive?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

No she always said that Central Ohio schools were her preference and she never felt at home at Logan. She can kick rocks

Live Like A Champion!
SugarDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:50 pm I see the new athletic director bolted already for Pick Central. Anybody know the reason for this? She said she liked Logan and it felt like her hometown. I'm guessing more money and a closer drive?

Definitely more money. Better drive. Plus the powerhouse that is Pick is state wide in many sports. Could be step up on way to working into a college sports dept.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

SugarDaddy wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:44 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:50 pm I see the new athletic director bolted already for Pick Central. Anybody know the reason for this? She said she liked Logan and it felt like her hometown. I'm guessing more money and a closer drive?

Definitely more money. Better drive. Plus the powerhouse that is Pick is state wide in many sports. Could be step up on way to working into a college sports dept.
It's also a place full of politics. Income inequality. Super high expectations. The last guy lasted a year.

You have to manage a TON of personalities - inside the tent and outside. Definitely a big time job. But it can chew you up and spit you out.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:14 pm
SugarDaddy wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:44 pm

It's also a place full of politics. Income inequality. Super high expectations. The last guy lasted a year.

You have to manage a TON of personalities - inside the tent and outside. Definitely a big time job. But it can chew you up and spit you out.
I would also add that, at Central, the job is super-demanding on time with football playing into late November/early December, basketball playing far into postseason and having to find a way to make transfers eligible.

The previous AD went to Buckeye Valley, the AD before him to Heath. Those are comparatively easier and less time-demanding AD gigs.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:19 pm
The previous AD went to Buckeye Valley, the AD before him to Heath. Those are comparatively easier and less time-demanding AD gigs.
Good insight. I forgot about the one before going to Heath.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Upcoming schedule for the Chiefs will be daunting even with only 2 D2 schools on it.
Jackson/Teays Valley/Sheridan/Fort Frye- Big Hurdles to over come. Always solid, Logan will need to be better vs the Run here imo
St Chucks/Zanesville/Chilicothe- Athletic, fast, solid skill players, will be a different element to try and defend against. Always good football here. Will be different than the ground and pound of the teams above. Chilly will feature LSU signee Tayvion Galloway.
Athens- Way down. Logan should continue the history of beating down the pups and making 93Bulldog cry
Warren- A team with expectations for the first time in a long time it seems, but Logan gets them at home. Should be a Dub for the Chiefs
Buckeye Valley- Long bus ride up north to play. The Barons went 5-5 last year but did play Harvest Prep to an 18-13 game. Late in the year but this game is a coin toss for me.
Last edited by Logangrad on Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Live Like A Champion!

Return to “Football”