Logan Football 2022

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Logan Football 2022

Post by Ground Buck »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:13 am Upcoming schedule for the Chiefs will be daunting even with only 2 D2 schools on it.
Jackson/Teays Valley/Sheridan/Fort Frye- Big Hurdles to over come. Always solid, Logan will need to be better vs the Run here imo
St Chucks/Zanesville/Chilicothe- Athletic, fast, solid skill players, will be a different element to try and defend against. Always good football here. Will be different than the ground and pound of the teams above
Athens- Way down. Logan should continue the history of beating down the pups and making 93Bulldog cry
Warren- A team with expectations for the first time in a long time it seems, but Logan gets them at home. Should be a Dub for the Chiefs
Buckeye Valley- Long bus ride up north to play. The Barons went 5-5 last year but did play Harvest Prep to an 18-13 game. Late in the year but this game is a coin toss for me.
What has happened to Athens? It seems it wasn't that long ago that the Athens faithful was saying the offense they run is "unstoppable." Not the players, but the system. Isn't the guy who was the OC then now the HC? If so, why is "the system" no longer unstoppable? Or, was it Joe Burrow and the other D1's the reason it was "unstoppable" and not the system? As for Logan, I hope they get things back on track. It was always fun to go watch them play when Dale was strolling the sidelines. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Athens County as a whole I think may be down a tad this season other than maybe NY. Logan will scrimmage them 8/6. So a better idea maybe then on both schools obviously. Seems like they have a bunch back and Trimble lost a ton. I would like to learn more about Alexander and Coach Koska but that may be another thread lol

Live Like A Champion!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:03 am Athens County as a whole I think may be down a tad this season other than maybe NY. Logan will scrimmage them 8/6. So a better idea maybe then on both schools obviously. Seems like they have a bunch back and Trimble lost a ton. I would like to learn more about Alexander and Coach Koska but that may be another thread lol
Athens has some pretty good classes coming up. Just seemed like the last couple senior classes had low numbers. Hopefully Athens and Logan are better this year. Both teams seemed young

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

More on Fort Frye:
"They entered the playoffs last year as the top seed in Region 23, falling to West Jefferson in a 16-14 loss during the regional finals. The defense will be a strength with three returning All-Ohio players, including linebackers Zaiden Huck and Eli Johnson, plus lineman Kaleb Bailey."

Live Like A Champion!
Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:58 am More on Fort Frye:
"They entered the playoffs last year as the top seed in Region 23, falling to West Jefferson in a 16-14 loss during the regional finals. The defense will be a strength with three returning All-Ohio players, including linebackers Zaiden Huck and Eli Johnson, plus lineman Kaleb Bailey."
You would think a D2 team could hold it's own against a D6 team. What gives?

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Justy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:09 pm
Logangrad wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:58 am More on Fort Frye:
You would think a D2 team could hold it's own against a D6 team. What gives?
They do not have very many impressive athletes, and seemed very disjointed on offensive. They run the same offense as Fort Frye but don’t look anything like them running it

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:18 am
Logangrad wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:13 am Upcoming schedule for the Chiefs will be daunting even with only 2 D2 schools on it.
Jackson/Teays Valley/Sheridan/Fort Frye- Big Hurdles to over come. Always solid, Logan will need to be better vs the Run here imo
St Chucks/Zanesville/Chilicothe- Athletic, fast, solid skill players, will be a different element to try and defend against. Always good football here. Will be different than the ground and pound of the teams above
Athens- Way down. Logan should continue the history of beating down the pups and making 93Bulldog cry
Warren- A team with expectations for the first time in a long time it seems, but Logan gets them at home. Should be a Dub for the Chiefs
Buckeye Valley- Long bus ride up north to play. The Barons went 5-5 last year but did play Harvest Prep to an 18-13 game. Late in the year but this game is a coin toss for me.
What has happened to Athens? It seems it wasn't that long ago that the Athens faithful was saying the offense they run is "unstoppable." Not the players, but the system. Isn't the guy who was the OC then now the HC? If so, why is "the system" no longer unstoppable? Or, was it Joe Burrow and the other D1's the reason it was "unstoppable" and not the system? As for Logan, I hope they get things back on track. It was always fun to go watch them play when Dale was strolling the sidelines. :mrgreen:
Athens seems very soft from my view. Have only watched them once in last two years but they seem to have decent speed but get destroyed on defense against the run

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:15 pm
Athens seems very soft from my view. Have only watched them once in last two years but they seem to have decent speed but get destroyed on defense against the run
Coach White has yet to win a game outside of the TVC Ohio. Will this be the year Athens picks up a non conference win?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

16 Seniors for FF back as well with a ton of history over the last few years. They are in D6 what Logan was in D2 in the early to mid 2000's. FF is 44-5 over the last 4 seasons!!! Thats a great run and they should be very good again this year. 2021 the Cadets smacked Trimble, Logan, Zanesville, Warren, NY and Barnesville. Their program has become a legit D6 staple.

Live Like A Champion!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:19 pm

Coach White has yet to win a game outside of the TVC Ohio. Will this be the year Athens picks up a non conference win?
So, is it safe to say that his offense is not "unstoppable" when he is facing non TVC Ohio teams? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:23 pm 16 Seniors for FF back as well with a ton of history over the last few years. They are in D6 what Logan was in D2 in the early to mid 2000's. FF is 44-5 over the last 4 seasons!!! Thats a great run and they should be very good again this year. 2021 the Cadets smacked Trimble, Logan, Zanesville, Warren, NY and Barnesville. Their program has become a legit D6 staple.
Kind of impressive what FF has become. Hopefully FF can finally get over the hump and finally play for a state title

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:32 pm So, is it safe to say that his offense is not "unstoppable" when he is facing non TVC Ohio teams? :mrgreen:
We will have to win you some games so you don’t have to play on that grass at Fort Frye :mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:32 pm

So, is it safe to say that his offense is not "unstoppable" when he is facing non TVC Ohio teams? :mrgreen:
In Athens 10 non conference games under coach White, they are averaging almost 3 scores a game. The Bulldogs have given up an average of 35 ppg on the defensive side of the ball though. I’d say it’s more of a defensive problem than an offensive issue. Also, let’s not forget that because of Athens success during the Burrow era and beyond, the non conference has been pretty stout. It could be time to downgrade the schedule a bit. Athens has been decent in TVC Ohio play during Whites tenure.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Dundas wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:02 pm

In Athens 10 non conference games under coach White, they are averaging almost 3 scores a game. The Bulldogs have given up an average of 35 ppg on the defensive side of the ball though. I’d say it’s more of a defensive problem than an offensive issue. Also, let’s not forget that because of Athens success during the Burrow era and beyond, the non conference has been pretty stout. It could be time to downgrade the schedule a bit. Athens has been decent in TVC Ohio play during Whites tenure.
So, the offense is unstoppable? And it wasn't just Joe Burrow and his gang? :mrgreen:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:42 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:32 pm So, is it safe to say that his offense is not "unstoppable" when he is facing non TVC Ohio teams? :mrgreen:
We will have to win you some games so you don’t have to play on that grass at Fort Frye :mrgreen:
That would be good. :mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:09 pm

So, the offense is unstoppable? And it wasn't just Joe Burrow and his gang? :mrgreen:
I wouldn’t say unstoppable but yea, Joe and the boys were pretty solid. I know I was glad to see them graduate.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Last year they scored 0 in their first two games and 6 in their last game. So, I'd say that's an offense issue. :mrgreen:

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Hey call 93 Bulldog and have an Athens discussion at the Cats Den will ya???? darn Bulldog fans.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Logangrad wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:22 pm Hey call 93 Bulldog and have an Athens discussion at the Cats Den will ya???? darn Bulldog fans.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:12 pm

Last year they scored 0 in their first two games and 6 in their last game. So, I'd say that's an offense issue. :mrgreen:
when is the last time they even beat marietta? have they won since they started playing again?

Return to “Football”