Logan Football 2022

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Logan Football 2022

Post by loganlocos »

Ive watched the scrimmage.

The varsity portion each team scored twice, during the JV part Logan outscored N-Y 2-1.

Logan played a lot of kids and subbed in and out throughout. I'm sure N-Y did too, I just don't know their roster well enough to notice.

I thought N-Y looked a little better during the Varsity portion. Their quarterback is a very good athlete, throws the ball well, and is going to hurt defenses with his legs this year. They have good size up front as you expect.

Logan got stronger as the scrimmage went on.

Offensively, I think Logan looks more comfortable running the wing-t. They were less predictable IMO and the passing game was meshing with the rest of the offense better. Still too many mistakes - timing, procedure, holding - for this type of offense. Every player has to do their part, and there were plenty of plays where 10 guys did their job and one didn't. It limited 8-10 yard plays to just 2-3 yards and turned 3-4 yard plays into zeroes or negatives.

Defensively, Logan looked similar to last season. They had moments where they looked really sound and made plays, but then came back and gave up too many big plays. Definitely an area I'll be watching close with Marietta next week. At the same time, there were several times where Logan's DBs attacked the football better than they have in previous seasons. And #44 made a couple of plays at linebacker that make you want to see him do that consistently.

Logan's young backs looked really good in the JV portion. There are a trio of sophomore backs who are small but can get you excited about their potential.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Logan got better as scrimmage went on? They had 6 totalyards in the first 9 plays of their last 10

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It sounds like it might have been a defensive scrimmage. Williams will be hard to contain. The kid can take it the distance at any time. With a near 11.00 100 meters and quickness with any move we will be hearing a lot from him this fall.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I hope not, but I'm going to be honest. It looks like another long year for the Chiefs. It really hurts to say that. GO CHIEFS! Prove me wrong!

Sportfan97
Waterboy

Post by Sportfan97 »

Just checking in to see how our neighbors to the southeast are doing and anticipating your arrival to the OCC.

I’ve missed those Lancaster/Logan football games the last several years

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sportfan97 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:51 pm Just checking in to see how our neighbors to the southeast are doing and anticipating your arrival to the OCC.

I’ve missed those Lancaster/Logan football games the last several years
:shock: :shock: :)

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Sportfan97, been many moons since you been on here. Nice to see you alive and kicking :D

Sportfan97
Waterboy

Post by Sportfan97 »

cbolt wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm Sportfan97, been many moons since you been on here. Nice to see you alive and kicking :D
Been good, a few tough years of football for my Gales though. We will be a very young team but have some real talent at the junior high levels.

Hope you all are getting ready for that OCC grind. Was hoping to see you guys beef up that schedule to prepare for what’s to come.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I think most Logan people know it's going to be a rough ride esp. the shape the program is in now. The desperation to find a league made it tough to turn down. That last time we played you guys down here was a classic! Double OT if I'm not mistaken, but when that junior class graduated the next year things went downhill fast! The passing game and breakaway speed athletes just haven't been there. Maybe one or two guys had it but not near enough for the team speed they need to compete. Also every year it seems they are riddled with injuries to key players. Don't know if that's from lack of conditioning or just bad luck. I know the coach is really focusing on conditioning this year so maybe the injuries will be kept to a minimum. Lots of improving to do before that big freight train comes rolling down the tracks in a couple of years. I look forward to seeing a strong competition. It's what teams need if they want to go anywhere in the postseason! BTW is our old coach Billy Burke still on the Gales coaching staff?

Sportfan97
Waterboy

Post by Sportfan97 »

Yes, Coach Burke is still coaching at Lancaster, he has two boys in the program that are pretty good multi sport athletes.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

I received word that the Buckeye Valley game this year has been cancelled. Is this true, or just a misunderstanding of next year's cancellation due to the MSL realignment?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

nctabulator wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:25 am I received word that the Buckeye Valley game this year has been cancelled. Is this true, or just a misunderstanding of next year's cancellation due to the MSL realignment?
Nothing official yet. Just happened like 12 hours ago apparently so waiting on clarification if its 2022 or 2023 due to MSL realignment.

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

2022 game with BV canceled. AD is working on new game as we speak.

Live Like A Champion!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

coachK wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:42 pm Logan got better as scrimmage went on? They had 6 totalyards in the first 9 plays of their last 10
The last series Logan's Varsity played ended in a touchdown.

The last play of the scrimmage was a Logan touchdown.

As I said, overall I thought the Buckeyes looked a little better according to eye test. The high skill of the QB can overcome a lot of other mistakes and will help N-Y a lot this season. He's a good passer at the HS level and an outstanding runner.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Sportfan97 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:58 am Yes, Coach Burke is still coaching at Lancaster, he has two boys in the program that are pretty good multi sport athletes.
Coach Burke is a good dude. Wish him the best.

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:36 am
coachK wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:42 pm Logan got better as scrimmage went on? They had 6 totalyards in the first 9 plays of their last 10

As I said, overall I thought the Buckeyes looked a little better according to eye test. The high skill of the QB can overcome a lot of other mistakes and will help N-Y a lot this season. He's a good passer at the HS level and an outstanding runner.
Going into this it seemed Nelsonville would dominate based on what everyone was saying about the two teams. So, is Logan better than advertised or is Nelsonville not nearly as good as advertised?

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
Run baby run
Freshman Team

Post by Run baby run »

Blue Tartan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:31 am

Going into this it seemed Nelsonville would dominate based on what everyone was saying about the two teams. So, is Logan better than advertised or is Nelsonville not nearly as good as advertised?
I watched the scrimmage. The Buckeyes played 3 QB's during the Varsity portion. They also played several kids at D-line and backer. They seem to have a lot of skill kids who rotated. In my opinion, coach Richard's used this scrimmage to get a look at a lot of different kids.
It's just an opinion but if the Buckeyes played 4 quarters against Logan with their starters and a full playbook it could get ugly for Logan.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:49 am 2022 game with BV canceled. AD is working on new game as we speak.
2023 not 2022. Sorry for the confusion. Just got an update; with all the MSL changes they needed to cancel it.

Live Like A Champion!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Blue Tartan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:31 am

I think N-Y is going to have a very good season.

Logan may be slightly better than some prognosticators assumed, but with their schedule I don't expect some drastic increase in wins.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Both teams probably showed what they wanted to at this time. A better idea of what the two teams have will be their last scrimmage. Then with Trimble scouts watching NY and Jackson Scouts watching LHS at these last scrimmages they still won't show their hand.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”