Logan Football 2022

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan Football 2022

Post by Raider6309 »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:20 pm when is the last time they even beat marietta? have they won since they started playing again?
They just started playing last year.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:41 pm
redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:20 pm when is the last time they even beat marietta? have they won since they started playing again?
They just started playing last year.
So no, they haven't beaten them since they started playing again. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:42 pm So no, they haven't beaten them since they started playing again. :mrgreen:
0-1 on the gray field

And no KFC buffet :(

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:58 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:42 pm So no, they haven't beaten them since they started playing again. :mrgreen:
0-1 on the gray field

yeah well that's just unacceptable. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:08 pm
0-1 on the gray field

Looked it up on maxpreps…earliest season they have is 04-05…Marietta/Athens played 4 straight years until 08 (until Marietta went to ECOL I believe) and Athens lost all. Started playing again 2 years ago and Marietta has won both.

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:13 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:08 pm

0-1 on the gray field

Looked it up on maxpreps…earliest season they have is 04-05…Marietta/Athens played 4 straight years until 08 (until Marietta went to ECOL I believe) and Athens lost all. Started playing again 2 years ago and Marietta has won both.
Ouch!

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

This thread has been hijacked :shock:

Live Like A Champion!
redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Logangrad wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:04 am This thread has been hijacked :shock:
sorry LOL...am curious as resident of the mov...how does logan feel about eddy? always seemed kinda average at paerkersburg south, not bad but not real good either...is he on the hot seat if they dont show real improvement? hard to see how they arent more successful with all the facilities and community support

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

redblue85 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:22 pm
sorry LOL...am curious as resident of the mov...how does logan feel about eddy? always seemed kinda average at paerkersburg south, not bad but not real good either...is he on the hot seat if they dont show real improvement? hard to see how they arent more successful with all the facilities and community support
Seems to be a lack of Jimmie’s and Joe’s. They just don’t have the talent pool they had back in their heyday. You can have all of the above, but if you don’t have the players, it’s hard to win big.

Paladin `
Waterboy

Post by Paladin ` »

Not the best pick for sure. Haven't heard from my spies recently about whether he is on the hot seat or not. But would think so if no improvement shown soon.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

beg003 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:33 pm
Seems to be a lack of Jimmie’s and Joe’s. They just don’t have the talent pool they had back in their heyday. You can have all of the above, but if you don’t have the players, it’s hard to win big.
sure, i agree with that...but if you dont have players you need to start developing them in the program. how is it that fort frye has loads of talent every year and logan doesnt when they are so much larger? heck, even warren has had some pretty good talent recently, and they are smaller than logan too and dont have the pedigree and tradition, but they have had good recent coaches who got kids out and helped them get better...just hard for me to believe that there arent a bunch of kids in that school who would form a good football team. if they are not playing, that is on the coaches. if they dont improve, that is also partially on the coaches

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

redblue85 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:43 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:33 pm

sure, i agree with that...but if you dont have players you need to start developing them in the program. how is it that fort frye has loads of talent every year and logan doesnt when they are so much larger? heck, even warren has had some pretty good talent recently, and they are smaller than logan too and dont have the pedigree and tradition, but they have had good recent coaches who got kids out and helped them get better...just hard for me to believe that there arent a bunch of kids in that school who would form a good football team. if they are not playing, that is on the coaches. if they dont improve, that is also partially on the coaches
You got that right, redblue85.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan is full of daddies that thought they were better than the coaches said, and they keep their kids out of sport then turn around and buy these finger games......My kid can beat your kid at that game right there.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Its my understanding that the now former AD didnt renew him for his tenor last year but the Superintendent gave him another looksee. So I would say this could be a make or break season for him.

Logan as its been mentioned by me, has a history lately of really good young players playing up to a point (9th grade it seems) and then stopping. Why is the focal point for someone to figure out. Why are they losing so many potential athletes that could bring the program back to the student section each fall after a certain point??

The schedule this year is front heavy for sure. Unproven QB potentially, not sure about the OL/DL; WRs could be good but with a Wing T offense who knows where they stand? It will be interesting to read the preview from Craig to see what they have and where when its go time.

Live Like A Champion!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Any scrimmage info today?

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Anyone know how the revamp Wing T looked yesterday? The Jackson game is around the corner.
Go Chiefs!

Run baby run
Freshman Team

Post by Run baby run »

The Varsity tied 2-2
It looked like Nelsonville-York was substituting a lot of players early but man their QB can fly!
I think I counted 3 different QB's who played with the Varsity for the Buckeyes. That's a good problem to have lol

At times Logan moved the ball well and they had a couple of big plays.
The first few plays the Logan defense gave the Buckeye line some trouble but it looked like they made a couple of adjustments and were off and running.
I'm not sure about the JV score to be honest. From what I understand the Buckeyes were playing a bunch of Freshman against Logans sophomores and Juniors. Makes sense since Logan has a Freshman team and the Buckeyes don't.

I think Logan has the talent to get a little more creative with their offense but it is just a scrimmage and teams tend to stick to the basics.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

TTT

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Lack of info speaks volumes. Jackson is coming! Then the OCC. good luck Logan on the season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nothing coming out of Nelson/York either. I know it rain hard about the time they were to scrimmage.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”