riverRat52 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:27 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:46 pm SOC II

1. Burg
2. West
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. Valley
6. Oak Hill

Burg the favorite until someone takes it from them. West has the returning talent, but is there a mental block with Burg? Minford will line up and run Pica 20-25x game...not sure who they’ll have at qb. Waverly loses a lot, but Robertson looks like a player at LB. Valley could go 5-5 next year and still end up in Regional semis or beyond. Oak Hill still in rebuilding mode.

SOC I

1. Symmes Valley
2. Northwest
3. Notre Dame
4. East
5. Eastern
6. Green

Northwest sounds like they in coaching flux again, so I going with Symmes Valley. Notre Dame will have some good numbers and could shake things up a bit.*
Symmes Valley really falls off a cliff graduating something like 10-11 seniors all but 1 were starters. Also a lot of 'other' things going on behind the scenes from what I am hearing. I would predict Notre Dame to take SOC1 this year.
These were my picks too but might have to change my SOC I predictions based off this information. Give me 1. Northwest and 2. Notre Dame. Hopefully SV coach has the younger guys ready to go with all the seniors they graduate so I can still put them at the 3 spot.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by Omega »

It has been three months since any discussion of the upcoming SOC 1 & 2 2022 football seasons. I guess most on SEOP have been fixated on Ironton, but with just over two months until the opening week, is the consensus still the Burg and West in SOC2 and Northwest in the SOC1?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Omega wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:07 pm It has been three months since any discussion of the upcoming SOC 1 & 2 2022 football seasons. I guess most on SEOP have been fixated on Ironton, but with just over two months until the opening week, is the consensus still the Burg and West in SOC2 and Northwest in the SOC1?
For SOC2 it should definitely come down to Burg and West.. that's not a knock on the other teams. West has A LOT of returning talent with seniors who have been seeing the field since their freshman or sophomore seasons. That's experience that other teams will likely not have as much of. As far as Burg, well SOC2 has ran through them for years and years so they're always in the conversation lol

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

Quietest I've seen a burg off-season in a long time

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

SPelf wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:15 pm Quietest I've seen a burg off-season in a long time
With the handful of posters who just get on here to talk smack, I don't blame the Burg posters for not being on here so much. They're being driven away by people who want to act childish.. and im all for a little trash talk but there's a fine line between that and just being juvenile.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

SPelf wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:15 pm Quietest I've seen a burg off-season in a long time
They return a lot, Numbers are way up and they are quiet, which usually means they are going to be pretty good.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

JTEK wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:46 pm
They return a lot, Numbers are way up and they are quiet, which usually means they are going to be pretty good.
How many do they return?

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:10 pm
How many do they return?
Not sure on how many returning but someone mentioned their overall numbers are around 80, which is outstanding if true.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:39 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:10 pm

How many do they return?
Not sure on how many returning but someone mentioned their overall numbers are around 80, which is outstanding if true.
If that is true, pretty remarkable for a DV school.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Burg graduated 11 seniors from last years squad…as far as I know everyone else will be back…haven’t really heard of anyone not coming out that played last year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Everyone that I’ve talked to that has watched West workout says this team looks really good. This team is capable of winning the league and going deep in the playoffs if they stay healthy.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:00 am Everyone that I’ve talked to that has watched West workout says this team looks really good. This team is capable of winning the league and going deep in the playoffs if they stay healthy.
Yeah I believe West is probably setup for the next 2-3 years to make a good push here in SOC2 play and come playoff time.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Westfan wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:00 am Everyone that I’ve talked to that has watched West workout says this team looks really good. This team is capable of winning the league and going deep in the playoffs if they stay healthy.
Would love to see that kind of season from West.. would make for one heck of a week 10 matchup with Burg for SOC2 and then could possibly run into Ironton deep in the playoffs. I think West is going to surprise a few people this season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Not a whole lot of talk about Green Bobcats but I just happened to catch this.....
https://www.wsaz.com/2022/06/22/green-l ... -facility/

Congrats

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:37 am Not a whole lot of talk about Green Bobcats but I just happened to catch this.....

Congrats
So happy for the Bobcats. Green seems to have a decent set of athletes from year to year for such a small school. It's been getting them to play football I think they've struggled with. Baseball, basketball normally pretty competitive in SOC1. Obviously with such a small enrollment there are down years.

I would love to see this breathe some life into the program and motivate a good size group of kids to get in the weight room and really change the perception of Green football. I know a few years back when they went 8-2 the community was sooooo pumped for them. Winning builds interest, period

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

SPelf wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 am
greygoose wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:37 am Not a whole lot of talk about Green Bobcats but I just happened to catch this.....

Congrats
So happy for the Bobcats. Green seems to have a decent set of athletes from year to year for such a small school. It's been getting them to play football I think they've struggled with. Baseball, basketball normally pretty competitive in SOC1. Obviously with such a small enrollment there are down years.

I would love to see this breathe some life into the program and motivate a good size group of kids to get in the weight room and really change the perception of Green football. I know a few years back when they went 8-2 the community was sooooo pumped for them. Winning builds interest, period
Keeping them there is a problem also, they lose kids to Burg, Rock Hill, and Ironton as well.

AIM
Waterboy

Post by AIM »

Don't see ND at the top once again. Lost a key player to transfer and ND staff continues to turn away quality training and coaching for the good ole boy club that interferes with the old school, outdated crap that has caused the program to go down hill for over 20 years. Kids have to go outside and pay for their own training if they want to see any personal success!! SAD!!

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

In SOC 2, I say it’s Burgs to lose. Second I think is a toss up between West and Waverly. In SOC 1, I think SV is still a favorite despite having a new coach. I could be wrong though. The SOC is a good , competitive conference top to bottom.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

RollCoal wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:22 pm In SOC 2, I say it’s Burgs to lose. Second I think is a toss up between West and Waverly. In SOC 1, I think SV is still a favorite despite having a new coach. I could be wrong though. The SOC is a good , competitive conference top to bottom.
Ya, I’d say you are about right. Most people are discounting Waverly but they will be pretty good. Yes, they lost a lot to graduation and Robertson to PV but return the entire offensive line, some great running backs and a couple real nice receivers. The QB spot will be a big question mark but there’s no doubt Waverly will have to be able to run the ball and should be able to run the ball.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

smurray wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:51 pm
RollCoal wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:22 pm In SOC 2, I say it’s Burgs to lose. Second I think is a toss up between West and Waverly. In SOC 1, I think SV is still a favorite despite having a new coach. I could be wrong though. The SOC is a good , competitive conference top to bottom.
Ya, I’d say you are about right. Most people are discounting Waverly but they will be pretty good. Yes, they lost a lot to graduation and Robertson to PV but return the entire offensive line, some great running backs and a couple real nice receivers. The QB spot will be a big question mark but there’s no doubt Waverly will have to be able to run the ball and should be able to run the ball.
No one is discounting waverly , they’re always loaded with athletes. Question is , will they do anything with them.

Return to “Football”