2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Bigblue11
Waterboy

2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by Bigblue11 »

Who do y’all have as top competitors in soc 1 and 2? I’m my opinion soc 2 has to be burg right? Then soc 1 you gotta go with northwest because they have 50 kids playing vs teams with 18-25 kids but I think Notre dame and east give them all they want this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Soc 1 & 2 predictions

Post by wobycat »

Burg or West on SOC 2. Edge goes to burg

Northwest SOC 1. But green might push them. Great sophomore class and some might come out because of the new facilities

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SOC 1--Hard to pick against NW given the size but I believe ND returns a good bit, Symmes Valley is always in the running it seems like and I believe it'll come down to Green and Eastern for cellar dwellar.

Notre Dame
Northwest
Symmes Valley
P. East
Green
Eastern

SOC 2--Will come down to West and Burg and as it sits right now I believe it's a coin toss. Minford loses some players but returns some quality I think it'll be between them and Waverly for the #3.

West
Burg
Waverly
Minford
Valley
Oak Hill

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Burg or West out front for the SOC 2. I think both are regional championship caliber teams as well, so could meet more than once. As far as the league crown, if all the experience these guys have gained over the years will teach them how to close out the tough games, ill go with my West Siders.

Even with losing so many players throughout the years, I would be let down to not see them when the league or be in a Regional Championship.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

A bunch of ? Marks with Northwest right now. Don't know what's gone on there. Time will tell.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:34 pm A bunch of ? Marks with Northwest right now. Don't know what's gone on there. Time will tell.
Any truth to Paul Carver going there? I heard that but didn't know how true.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:52 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:34 pm A bunch of ? Marks with Northwest right now. Don't know what's gone on there. Time will tell.
Any truth to Paul Carver going there? I heard that but didn't know how true.
Don't know what's going on. I believe they have some teaching jobs coming open at the end of the year.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

What does west's non-conference schedule look like?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

packers80 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:42 am What does west's non-conference schedule look like?
@Fairland
@Portsmouth
Adena
Wellston
KIPP

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SOC II

1. Burg
2. West
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. Valley
6. Oak Hill

Burg the favorite until someone takes it from them. West has the returning talent, but is there a mental block with Burg? Minford will line up and run Pica 20-25x game...not sure who they’ll have at qb. Waverly loses a lot, but Robertson looks like a player at LB. Valley could go 5-5 next year and still end up in Regional semis or beyond. Oak Hill still in rebuilding mode.

SOC I

1. Symmes Valley
2. Northwest
3. Notre Dame
4. East
5. Eastern
6. Green

Northwest sounds like they in coaching flux again, so I going with Symmes Valley. Notre Dame will have some good numbers and could shake things up a bit.*

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

icanpickem wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:55 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:42 am What does west's non-conference schedule look like?
@Fairland
@Portsmouth
Adena
Wellston
KIPP
Thanks

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:46 pm SOC II

1. Burg
2. West
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. Valley
6. Oak Hill

Burg the favorite until someone takes it from them. West has the returning talent, but is there a mental block with Burg? Minford will line up and run Pica 20-25x game...not sure who they’ll have at qb. Waverly loses a lot, but Robertson looks like a player at LB. Valley could go 5-5 next year and still end up in Regional semis or beyond. Oak Hill still in rebuilding mode.

SOC I

1. Symmes Valley
2. Northwest
3. Notre Dame
4. East
5. Eastern
6. Green

Northwest sounds like they in coaching flux again, so I going with Symmes Valley. Notre Dame will have some good numbers and could shake things up a bit.*
Talent for talent West might have it over Burg this year. But like you said, their is possibly a mental block. The playoff game last year was a great game and I hope they remember it well until week 10 next year.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The O.C at Northwest left. Don't know who will be taking his place. Hearing they will be running a different offense. Look for them to throw the ball a lot.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Is the west/pirate game at west this year? It's tough to beat the Pirates at home and ever harder with a championship on the line. I only hope both teams are at full strength and the game is streamed.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

FIDO wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:44 am Is the west/pirate game at west this year? It's tough to beat the Pirates at home and ever harder with a championship on the line. I only hope both teams are at full strength and the game is streamed.
At West this year. I gotta think Burg glad that West has finally installed turf as they have played some rain-soaked games in the grass there over the years.*

Westfan
SEOP

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by Westfan »

This will be the best West team in Several years. They have a lot of talent and experience.
Week 10 should be a Dandy

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:08 am This will be the best West team in Several years. They have a lot of talent and experience.
Week 10 should be a Dandy
Skilled kids should be even. Game will probably come down to line play and field position

riverRat52
Riding the Bench

Post by riverRat52 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:46 pm SOC II

1. Burg
2. West
3. Minford
4. Waverly
5. Valley
6. Oak Hill

SOC I

1. Symmes Valley
2. Northwest
3. Notre Dame
4. East
5. Eastern
6. Green

Symmes Valley really falls off a cliff graduating something like 10-11 seniors all but 1 were starters. Also a lot of 'other' things going on behind the scenes from what I am hearing. I would predict Notre Dame to take SOC1 this year.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:16 pm The O.C at Northwest left. Don't know who will be taking his place. Hearing they will be running a different offense. Look for them to throw the ball a lot.
Where is he going? I believe he left a head coaching job to return to northwest just two or three years ago.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tartanblue wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:58 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:16 pm The O.C at Northwest left. Don't know who will be taking his place. Hearing they will be running a different offense. Look for them to throw the ball a lot.
Where is he going? I believe he left a head coaching job to return to northwest just two or three years ago.
Heard he was going back to East.

Return to “Football”