Ironton HS multi-game event

TriState_34

Re: Ironton HS multi-game event

Post by TriState_34 »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:14 am Tiger haters.Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.Don’t worry,be happy. :)
I would think Ironton fans living in the present would be a bit more humble honestly. For 3 years in a row you've folded in big games. Traditionally you are known for folding in big games and that is just fact. The loudest runner ups I have ever witnessed.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:37 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:18 am This would work pre season as a jamboree game. But only with teams that would interest local fan bases. The crowd for the Ironton/moller game wasnt a that great. Another thing that hurts these local teams is live feed. It’s killing attendance.
I truly don’t understand why teams do this. If 200 people choose to stay home and watch for free instead of a $5 ticket, that’s $1000. Surely schools not making $1000 a game on these broadcasts.

I like it personally, as when I don’t go to a game it’s almost like having football package for free. Got to see some good games this year that I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. Just not sure it’s smart for schools.
Well you're probably right about it hurting their money or whatever but the concern you have is misplaced. As a town you have failed for so long you can't provide opportunities to your most talented kids without taking a hit. That failure is with your community as a whole. It's no error of the school or program to be ambitious despite that collective failure. Your community has to do better. It's unfortunate.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

RiverRatRay wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:15 pm
kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:03 pm Who's running from who or is it 'whom'? Ashland running from Ironton or is it the other way around? Ironton needs some tougher games to prepare for the playoffs. Ashland is a very worthy opponent, year after year..and it's a HUGE gate
Did Ironton run from Ashland to play Moeller. Now does that even make good sense. Who did Ashland play instead of Ironton Louisville Trinity, I doubt it. Return those contracts on time and you won't have these problems.
Some would argue yes they did run. Pendleton sitting at 0 - 2 vs ashland in his career and the expectation to win that game would be much greater. And a win vs Ashland is not a guarantee especially given presents staffs record vs Ashland. Lets also not forget, Ironton struggled at home vs Fairland. A lot more pressure vs Ashland.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:32 pm
RiverRatRay wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:15 pm
kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:03 pm Who's running from who or is it 'whom'? Ashland running from Ironton or is it the other way around? Ironton needs some tougher games to prepare for the playoffs. Ashland is a very worthy opponent, year after year..and it's a HUGE gate
Did Ironton run from Ashland to play Moeller. Now does that even make good sense. Who did Ashland play instead of Ironton Louisville Trinity, I doubt it. Return those contracts on time and you won't have these problems.
You're smarter than this Ray. Could it make good (or any sense at all) to play Moeller instead of Ashland? YES!!!

NO one expected Ironton to beat Moeller. EVERYONE EXPECTS Ironton to defeat Ashland, If you don't, it's considered embarrassing. Give a good account of yourself playing Moeller however (which the Tigers did) even if you get beaten...you'll still get the same amount of respect as if you'd won the game.

Better to be defeated by a team that everyone thinks you have absolutely no chance to defeat rather than lose to someone many people think you should handle in a convincing fashion. Was I saying that was the case? no, just saying, it would be easy to accept that could be the case though

Thanks for letting us know Ashland won't sign our contract...I didn't know you were privy to that..but I'm glad that's out in the open so we can start badgering/taunting Ashland to step up to the desk and sign that contract!

Now that's over..I have a 20+ minute video of Ashland at Ashland after the Ironton game one year. I stayed long after most Ironton fans had gotten to their cars and were on their way home...but I stayed to film. Film what? what were they doing? they are all out on the field and the parents are taking turns photographing the players with the scoreboard still on behind them after they beat them Tigers. That's HOW MUCH they thought of Ironton back then. That it was such a monumental accomplishment to defeat Ironton, they wanted commemorative photographs. I didn't take it as an insult, I took it as a compliment to Ironton's program

Dominating opponents for Ironton to take on in this area? Ashland, Burg, Portsmouth and Russell..thats the way they stack up..
Pendleton is 0 -2 vs Ashland.

Carrico graduated 0 - 3 vs Ashland.

Expectations? Lol. Idk about that. Ironton struggled at home with ovc teams. I don't put a lotta stock in Irontons fanbase expectations. Ironton folds in big games and more recently have been owned by Ashland in football and basketball.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

kantucky wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:58 pm I think that it won't be that hard to goad Ashland into returning a signed contract. I'm glad to find that's what's going on. Watch me go to work :>)

It's crazy Ironton and Ashland aren't playing. it's good for both school's programs to prepare for the playoffs.

I'd love to see these teams on Ironton's schedule: Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Ashland, Jackson, Belfry, Russell, Zane Trace, Portsmouth West...two more...

South Point? Chesapeake? Coal Grove? Please...it's not even worth going and watching. The Ironton at South Point game this year was so boring I almost fell asleep
Maybe Irontons value as an opponent isn't as great as they perceive? I mean tbh Ashlands replacing them with bigger schools, from bigger communities, and bigger school enrollments who can match and/or exceed your gate without really trying. And Irontons also a much smaller school. Maybe Irontons not much of a must get if we are honest?

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:25 am
FIDO wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:05 am You can't win with home grown talent. You gotta recruit. Screw ironton. You are truly a has-been team relying on outside talent to sustain a run that got ur ass whooped on a neutral field. Cmon, John. You are better, or at least I thought. Be honest!
Read that first line Fido. Truer words were never spoken. Anyone who says they win with home grown talent may not be being honest about how they are winning. Move ins and transfers plus locals make up all winning teams.
Ironton will always be dependent on transfers to a degree to get the edge on other local area teams, just as other local teams will be as well, sometimes just to field a program, because your region is aging and your population is dwindling. That's just this areas reality. If you don't grow you shrink and shrink until you eventually die. Most area teams will trade years and periods being locally dominant and unfortunately most will also fall short at the state level for mostly the same reasons.
Last edited by TriState_34 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:14 am Tiger haters.Jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins.Don’t worry,be happy. :)
What are they hating? Folding up like a lawn chair in every big game?

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:01 am Since portsmouth and ironton want to shutdown basketball why don't they discuss shutting down this crap. You wanna talk super spreaders then this is an example of what not to do . Of course, none of this has to do with ironton and ptwon sucking at basketball this year. Ifbyoy wanna shutdown superspreader events then why aren't the hypocritical posters advocating shutting down this bs event.
Wonder why basketball players/program at Ironton is not marketed/pushed & publicized like the football program? I figured the AD would want to give kids from all sports the spotlight right?

Ad is also the head football coach yea?

I wonder if that disparity doesn't give a vibe of a conflict of interest?

Most schools kinda hype their student athletes up equally.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Big-time teams but my interest dropped in this one to where now I most likely will attend the Ironton game. The other two matchups hold little for me. I hope the event is a major success.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:25 am
FIDO wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:05 am You can't win with home grown talent. You gotta recruit. Screw ironton. You are truly a has-been team relying on outside talent to sustain a run that got ur ass whooped on a neutral field. Cmon, John. You are better, or at least I thought. Be honest!
Read that first line Fido. Truer words were never spoken. Anyone who says they win with home grown talent may not be being honest about how they are winning. Move ins and transfers plus locals make up all winning teams.
I was being ornery. O marrer how many moving pieces are made the games are always competitive .

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

RRR is a squared away Tiger fan.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

What happened to staying on the TOPIC?

MODERATERS???

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I want to know who is going to be at the event who is playing who.
Anyone have that information.
I can careless hearing who is recruiting and who isn't.
Why this team won't play Ironton that is for other topics.
I want to talk about the event noted above.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fielddaddy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:40 pm I want to know who is going to be at the event who is playing who.
I still haven’t heard myself other than Ironton playing Johnson Central that Saturday.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

3 games are set, just waiting on the announcement.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

nctabulator wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 pm 3 games are set, just waiting on the announcement.
Thanks

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

So there hasn't been any announcements yet after posters sitting here for 2 weeks talking about announcement, sounds like probably should've left all well alone and just let it play out.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

No announcement is fine but yet we have 5 pages of nonsense on this subject that 90% of the talk is nonrelated.
I'm not naming names but everyone knows who is a burg supporter and who is a Tiger supporter.
Who is a Ironton hater and who isn't,
I really hate to say it this site just seems to get more toxic for no reason at all.
Yes I'm a Ironton supporter and I am glad they are doing well but I want every school in our area to do well.
And I been a long time reader and contributor to this site I once went under the name maniac66.
I once said that Gallia Acadamy and Portsmouth would be in the OVC 5 years before they joined.
But this slamming of schools and kids over recruiting crap and ducking other schools because they don't want competition is ridiculous calling out the kids is just ashame.
Big deal Ironton puts things on it's facebook page not only about events but happy birthdays to the players weight lifting times and tells the kids when this are supended do to weather but go out and shovel snow for the elderly and help your neighbors.
Can we stop the hate and talk the topics and support each other.
Sorry for the rant I got off topic just want to talk about the schools and hope the kids nothing but the best as they play in all sports.

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

Ashland has won 7 out of the last 10 vs Ironton.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

fielddaddy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:40 pm I want to know who is going to be at the event who is playing who.
One of them is DeMatha Catholic (Washington, DC) and Cleveland Benedictine.

Return to “Football”