Ironton 2022

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Ironton will have plenty of skill, but lack their physical dominance they have had most games. If healthy they may end up with the best offense Ironton has had ina while. Carpenter will have options with Perkins leading the way. Keyes will be a monster out of the backfield, plus if Carter comes back that would be a HUGE addition and I would then put Wilson at WR. The big question mark is the defense, how will the D line adjust?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:03 pm Ironton will have plenty of skill, but lack their physical dominance they have had most games. If healthy they may end up with the best offense Ironton has had ina while. Carpenter will have options with Perkins leading the way. Keyes will be a monster out of the backfield, plus if Carter comes back that would be a HUGE addition and I would then put Wilson at WR. The big question mark is the defense, how will the D line adjust?
The d line will be ok I think it could be rough the first few weeks but some of the kids have played this season and last year so they have a little experience. I’m more anxious to see if they can clean the penalties and turnovers/bad snaps up more than anything just one year of not starting half the drives 1st and 15 from a false start or 2nd and 12 because of a fumbled snap maybe offense can get drives with no penalties where they can get into rhythm and not kill them selves consistently that would be nice 👍🏻

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

^^^^Ok man we get it, you've repeated the same statement a dozen times already is that why you really signed up for another username?^^^^ You're more consumed with Ironton than ANYONE else.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

PrepStarz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:50 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:39 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:03 pm Ironton will have plenty of skill, but lack their physical dominance they have had most games. If healthy they may end up with the best offense Ironton has had ina while. Carpenter will have options with Perkins leading the way. Keyes will be a monster out of the backfield, plus if Carter comes back that would be a HUGE addition and I would then put Wilson at WR. The big question mark is the defense, how will the D line adjust?
The d line will be ok I think it could be rough the first few weeks but some of the kids have played this season and last year so they have a little experience. I’m more anxious to see if they can clean the penalties and turnovers/bad snaps up more than anything just one year of not starting half the drives 1st and 15 from a false start or 2nd and 12 because of a fumbled snap maybe offense can get drives with no penalties where they can get into rhythm and not kill them selves consistently that would be nice 👍🏻
The 1's need some resistance during the season so they can get reps week to week and develop instead of only two quarters cause they are playing the school of the blind. ( sp, peake, rh, cg, ga)
I agree to a point doesn’t guarantee anything though kinda stuck in the league can’t do much about those schools being on the schedule this past year really

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
ITigers
Waterboy

Post by ITigers »

They are losing some big hitters at d line and some
Very good backers. Anything coming up from jv to fill those roles? I saw the jr high play last year and I don’t think any of them will be varsity ready yet. And as Have been stated, the graduating backers were the best I’ve seen in a while as a group

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

ITigers wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:44 pm They are losing some big hitters at d line and some
Very good backers. Anything coming up from jv to fill those roles? I saw the jr high play last year and I don’t think any of them will be varsity ready yet. And as Have been stated, the graduating backers were the best I’ve seen in a while as a group
Keyes is solid at LB and if Carter returns thats another very solid LB.. Keyes could play inside or outside. Losing some talent but I dont think there will be as much of a drop off at that position.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

#76 is a huge loss defensively
He was such a piece in the middle. Allowed Ironton the luxury of playing a 3-4 and not being hurt with interior run. That and #25 with him who is committed to Kentucky

You don’t replace guys like that. Defense takes a big step back against the run

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

PrepStarz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:54 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:56 pm ^^^^Ok man we get it, you've repeated the same statement a dozen times already is that why you really signed up for another username?^^^^ You're more consumed with Ironton than ANYONE else.
I keep making the point because it's valid. Doesn't matter what you "have" if ya don't get the right kind of week to week in game development. As long as this is the case for Ironton ovc and maybe district titles will be their ceiling.
Nah that's not why you keep pointing it out. Here's the problem you've repeated yourself 1000X but you haven't offered a solution, so what league does Ironton go into??

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

PrepStarz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:59 pm
PrepStarz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:54 pm

I keep making the point because it's valid. Doesn't matter what you "have" if ya don't get the right kind of week to week in game development. As long as this is the case for Ironton ovc and maybe district titles will be their ceiling.
Nah that's not why you keep pointing it out. Here's the problem you've repeated yourself 1000X but you haven't offered a solution, so what league does Ironton go into??
No idea cause the school cries poor and family time like its still the 1970s when you suggest independence. God forbid they travel a little. Must just be too much stress to ask even though OTHER big programs ( johnson central comes to mind) travel all over seemlessly without their turnip carts being upset over a late night. Lol. So your guess is as good as mine but until it changes its gonna stunt their development.
Ok so at this point you're pointing out an obvious problem that everyone in SEO knows and that's Ironton has outgrown the OVC. Problem is you're not offering a solution that applies to all sports within the school, given their location you know exactly what the answer is because a league like FAC isn't adding them because of the travel. SOC isn't adding them because the SOC is afraid of making any type of change, if Ironton isn't running rough shot through the league in all sports then the OVC probably isn't to worried about them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

PrepStarz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:09 pm
PrepStarz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 pm

No idea cause the school cries poor and family time like its still the 1970s when you suggest independence. God forbid they travel a little. Must just be too much stress to ask even though OTHER big programs ( johnson central comes to mind) travel all over seemlessly without their turnip carts being upset over a late night. Lol. So your guess is as good as mine but until it changes its gonna stunt their development.
Ok so at this point you're pointing out an obvious problem that everyone in SEO knows and that's Ironton has outgrown the OVC. Problem is you're not offering a solution that applies to all sports within the school, given their location you know exactly what the answer is because a league like FAC isn't adding them because of the travel. SOC isn't adding them because the SOC is afraid of making any type of change, if Ironton isn't running rough shot through the league in all sports then the OVC probably isn't to worried about them.
You are right and therein is the rub. Unfortunately that means the result is gonna be low ceilings.
It doesn't have to be a low ceiling, but it does mean they've got to schedule up in non-conference even if the result is playing 5-6 straight weeks of clock running games before the playoffs. I mean they made it to state championship with a running clock all through league play so it can be done and it shows the league doesn't have to be superior for them to make deep runs.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Ironton can go independent in football. They can find 10 football games.
The problem is filling schedules for all the other sports. And not just filling games, but having travel expenses and times that make sense for Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, Softball, etc.
What Ironton really needs to decide is do they want to be in the OVC.
What I was told was Fairland led the way in changing the Bilaws of the OVC which made it possible to have a member without a unanimous vote. But some of the schools that did vote yes (mainly for basketball and Ironton was down for them at the time in football) are changing their minds on Ironton and their is a movement to have them removed.

It was thrown around this site to maybe let Ironton be independent in football and OVC for the other sports. That would be a huge mistake if the OVC schools from Chesapeake down care about their football programs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:59 am Ironton can go independent in football. They can find 10 football games.
The problem is filling schedules for all the other sports. And not just filling games, but having travel expenses and times that make sense for Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, Softball, etc.
What Ironton really needs to decide is do they want to be in the OVC.
What I was told was Fairland led the way in changing the Bilaws of the OVC which made it possible to have a member without a unanimous vote. But some of the schools that did vote yes (mainly for basketball and Ironton was down for them at the time in football) are changing their minds on Ironton and their is a movement to have them removed.

It was thrown around this site to maybe let Ironton be independent in football and OVC for the other sports. That would be a huge mistake if the OVC schools from Chesapeake down care about their football programs.
Going independent is very tough for any school, I mean look at Logan and how long they were trying to find a league. It's a scheduling nightmare for AD's and I'm sure at the time the OVC brought in Ironton and Portsmouth they weren't thinking Ironton was going to turn into where they're at 4/5 years later either.
Ironton's years in the OVC league play: The overall record isn't including any playoffs regular season only
2015--6-0 in league play and 6-4 overall
2016--7-0 in league play and 7-3 overall
2017--3-4 in league play and 4-6 overall
2018--5-2 in league play and 6-4 overall
2019--7-0 in league play and 9-1 overall
2020--5-0 in league play and 6-0 overall
2021--7-0 in league play and 9-1 overall

So they're 40-6 in league play since they entered and haven't lost a league game since 2018 and with what they have coming back and what the Trojans and I believe Fairland loses and guessing 2022 sees them go undefeated in league play again. So if I'm another OVC school yeah I get it they're walking into the season knowing they're already have a loss in league play. Ironton's location is just a killer though in terms of being in another league, it's just not going to be able to happen with every sport which is why they really need the OVC as well. As far as being a huge mistake for the OVC schools to let Ironton go Independent I don't know why that would be the case honestly, Ironton isn't making their schools play better football if they were records would be better and league competition would be better.

Love to see some of these schools sack up and have a more spread out version of the MAC in SEO. Jackson, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, Chillicothe, maybe an Athens might be a little out of the way though but they don't belong in the TVC either. Now get through league play and tell me you're not ready for the playoffs.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:14 am As far as being a huge mistake for the OVC schools to let Ironton go Independent I don't know why that would be the case honestly, Ironton isn't making their schools play better football if they were records would be better and league competition would be better.
Because that would allow Ironton to save money on the other sports for travel and still have the benefits of playing an Independent Football schedule. That’s a win win for Ironton and a loose loose for everyone else, unless they enjoy watching their better players transfer

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

The biggest problem in the OVC is the quality of coaches. They have about 2 maybe 3 that are good and the rest, well look at their records. The SOC isn't much better either. That is a problem through out SEO and will be. Most of these coaches are just teacher's earning some extra money. Just about every league has 1 or 2 good teams, then another 2 or 3 that are ok and the rest well you get the picture. If SEO wants to make a better league they could but it won't happen because they don't want to have to play better schools every week because they are fat dumb and happy winning the league there in. What I would like to see is Wheelersburg, Waverly, Minford or Portsmouth West and Jackson join the OVC. The OVC would be 2 Div's with Ironton, Wheelersburg, Waverly, Jackson, Portsmouth and Gallipolis in one Div and Portsmouth West or Minford, Coal Grove, Rock Hill, South Point, Chesapeake and Fairland in the other Div. that would give you six in each Div and you could have one or two cross over games and you will still have two or three games that you can schedule up if you so desire. Just food for thought.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:09 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:14 am As far as being a huge mistake for the OVC schools to let Ironton go Independent I don't know why that would be the case honestly, Ironton isn't making their schools play better football if they were records would be better and league competition would be better.
Because that would allow Ironton to save money on the other sports for travel and still have the benefits of playing an Independent Football schedule. That’s a win win for Ironton and a loose loose for everyone else, unless they enjoy watching their better players transfer
They're already transferring now aren't they?? In your original post though you mentioned schools already talking about wanting Ironton out in football so I guess I don't see the lose lose for everyone else. I mean these schools are now taking it on the chin which is going to make Ironton look that much more appealing to the better players, can't beat them join them type of deal. Plus I don't think it's a win at all as far as Ironton and going independent if that was the case they would've stayed independent in football, it's very difficult in this area to ride that independent train. Everyone in this area from weeks 4/5 on is in league play it's a scheduling nightmare, that's why they were playing 3-4 KY schools a year and having to play 2-3 DII and DIII schools to try and make out a schedule. Not only do they have to do that for varsity but they've got JV and Freshman to deal with as well. All the schools are going to do what's best for them they're not going to worry about does it benefit Ironton, in the end each AD is asking the same question does this benefit us.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

There’s a reason why Ironton joined the OVC. Prior to joining, they had a very hard time scheduling a full 10-game regular season. 2013 and 2012 come to mind. In 2013, Ironton played a 10 game regular season. However, having Johnson Central, Columbus St. Charles, and Bishop Hartley on the schedule isn’t ideal either. I think that the OVC is beneficial financially for Ironton. Games with less travel, bringing bigger crowds, and a bigger gate makes more sense. Yes, some years Ironton is going to dominate some of the OVC teams. Ironton isn’t going to have a Reid Carrico every year, either. You can always beef up the non-conference. The OVC is the right fit. Since 2015, here’s their record vs. the OVC:

Portsmouth: 5-2
Fairland: 5-1
Coal Grove: 6-1
Rock Hill: 7-0
Chesapeake: 7-0
South Point: 6-0
Gallia Academy: 4-2
Total: 40-6

Point totals vs each conference team since 2015
Portsmouth: 282-150
Fairland: 197-71
Coal Grove: 223-70
Rock Hill: 283-53
Chesapeake: 301-104
South Point: 260-23
Gallia Academy: 252-81
Totals: 1798-552
Average Score: 39.1 to 12

The disparity could be worse. Trimble has dominated some of their conference teams for a long time. However, that doesn’t mean that you leave immediately for lack of competition.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:15 am There’s a reason why Ironton joined the OVC. Prior to joining, they had a very hard time scheduling a full 10-game regular season. 2013 and 2012 come to mind. In 2013, Ironton played a 10 game regular season. However, having Johnson Central, Columbus St. Charles, and Bishop Hartley on the schedule isn’t ideal either. I think that the OVC is beneficial financially for Ironton. Games with less travel, bringing bigger crowds, and a bigger gate makes more sense. Yes, some years Ironton is going to dominate some of the OVC teams. Ironton isn’t going to have a Reid Carrico every year, either. You can always beef up the non-conference. The OVC is the right fit. Since 2015, here’s their record vs. the OVC:

Portsmouth: 5-2
Fairland: 5-1
Coal Grove: 6-1
Rock Hill: 7-0
Chesapeake: 7-0
South Point: 6-0
Gallia Academy: 4-2
Total: 40-6

Point totals vs each conference team since 2015
Portsmouth: 282-150
Fairland: 197-71
Coal Grove: 223-70
Rock Hill: 283-53
Chesapeake: 301-104
South Point: 260-23
Gallia Academy: 252-81
Totals: 1798-552
Average Score: 39.1 to 12

The disparity could be worse. Trimble has dominated some of their conference teams for a long time. However, that doesn’t mean that you leave immediately for lack of competition.
Well said from a guy that doesn’t have a dog in the fight! I agree 100 with you man. This decision will be made by the AD at Ironton which is the football coach. Good luck because the grass is not always greener on the other side and there is more kids from other sports this will affect besides football players.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Here’s Trimble’s conference record since 2013 for perspective:

Wahama: 7-0
South Gallia: 9-0
Miller: 8-0
Waterford: 7-2 (not including playoff game)
Eastern Meigs: 8-0
Belpre: 9-0
Southern Meigs: 9-0
Federal Hocking: 7-0
Totals: 64-2

Point Totals
Wahama: 315-41
South Gallia: 409-27
Miller: 405-46
Waterford: 299-95
Eastern Meigs: 358-37
Belpre: 417-21
Southern Meigs: 404-58
Federal Hocking: 333-12
Totals: 2,940-337
Average: 44.55 to 5.11

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

[media][/media]
Jason Vorhees wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:53 pm Here’s Trimble’s conference record since 2013 for perspective:

Wahama: 7-0
South Gallia: 9-0
Miller: 8-0
Waterford: 7-2 (not including playoff game)
Eastern Meigs: 8-0
Belpre: 9-0
Southern Meigs: 9-0
Federal Hocking: 7-0
Totals: 64-2

Point Totals
Wahama: 315-41
South Gallia: 409-27
Miller: 405-46
Waterford: 299-95
Eastern Meigs: 358-37
Belpre: 417-21