wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by wobycat »

:oops:
Ed Gennero wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:47 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:46 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:41 am

I doubt anyone from Ironton will head to Rock Hill lol.

With Carter and Keyes at RB, he’ll add to the depth and rotation for sure. He should help out being a good Receiver though.

Go Fighting Tigers……
What about Perkins and Wilson? They probably will get mop up yards against coal grove and Chesapeake
You are a bitter person.
No I’m a realist. It’s high school football not college. Fans are looking at how awesome their team is going to be and not looking at the bigger picture. I find it absolutely wrong on the overall landscape. Kids want to play. Feel free to disagree.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:38 pm

Another Ironton kids playing time diminishes. Rock hill coaches should start seeing local kids soon.

With Carter and Keyes at RB, he’ll add to the depth and rotation for sure. He should help out being a good Receiver though.

Go Fighting Tigers……
What about Perkins and Wilson? They probably will get mop up yards against coal grove and Chesapeake. I watched the kids highlights. He’s got talent. Will he be the one to finally get them over the kirtland/burg hump?
And?? Worry about the Burg, Ironton will worry about Ironton lol.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:50 am :oops:

What about Perkins and Wilson? They probably will get mop up yards against coal grove and Chesapeake
You are a bitter person.
No I’m a realist. It’s high school football not college. Fans are looking at how awesome their team is going to be and not looking at the bigger picture. I find it absolutely wrong on the overall landscape. Kids want to play. Feel free to disagree.

What do you find wrong ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:52 am

Go Fighting Tigers……
What about Perkins and Wilson? They probably will get mop up yards against coal grove and Chesapeake. I watched the kids highlights. He’s got talent. Will he be the one to finally get them over the kirtland/burg hump?
I don’t worry about burg. Honestly I don’t worry about Ironton. I’m just one who doesn’t like the immediate transfer. It leaves the leaving team with a void and takes away playing time for another at the new school. I feel very strong about it obviously.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:54 am

I don’t worry about burg. Honestly I don’t worry about Ironton. I’m just one who doesn’t like the immediate transfer. It leaves the leaving team with a void and takes away playing time for another at the new school. I feel very strong about it obviously.
Can someone tell me does all these kids that transfer to a new school in ohio, do they have to reside in the town where they moved to? If so, where is all these kids living in Ironton and don’t they have to show proof? Not real sure on how this works.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

GalliaTribe wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:18 am

Can someone tell me does all these kids that transfer to a new school in ohio, do they have to reside in the town where they moved to? If so, where is all these kids living in Ironton and don’t they have to show proof? Not real sure on how this works.
I believe you do have to show proof of an address. I won’t mention the players name, but a kid who was a senior for Ironton this past season had to show an Ironton address. They live in Franklin Furnace, and my guess is the parents make enough money that they rented out an apartment in Ironton just so said player would be eligible. This is what I’ve heard anyways.

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:26 am
GalliaTribe wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:18 am

I believe you do have to show proof of an address. I won’t mention the players name, but a kid who was a senior for Ironton this past season had to show an Ironton address. They live in Franklin Furnace, and my guess is the parents make enough money that they rented out an apartment in Ironton just so said player would be eligible. This is what I’ve heard anyways.
That happened at a school near Athens last year too. It's not hard to come up with an address.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

The AD is supposed to make unannounced visits to the address to confirm the player and his family are actually residing at that address. However, Ironton's AD is the head coach so that is probably not happening.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Helpful link for some of you:

https://www.ohsaa.org/Contact-Us

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:22 pm Helpful link for some of you:

Great idea, let’s all hit up Trevon and tell him about how we suspect kids aren’t really living in Ironton. I’m sure he will get a handle on it and turn Ironton in to the ohssa, maybe make those kids “move” back. Can’t believe it’s that easy.

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:28 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:22 pm Helpful link for some of you:

Great idea, let’s all hit up Trevon and tell him about how we suspect kids aren’t really living in Ironton. I’m sure he will get a handle on it and turn Ironton in to the ohssa, maybe make those kids “move” back. Can’t believe it’s that easy.
Seems pretty easy for sure. :mrgreen:

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

pistol wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:16 pm The AD is supposed to make unannounced visits to the address to confirm the player and his family are actually residing at that address. However, Ironton's AD is the head coach so that is probably not happening.
Been a few huntington kids the last cpl years. Ironton is developing a bit of a pipeline there it seems.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:50 am :oops:

You are a bitter person.
You are forgetting about CJ Martin. Kid is gonna be a solid wr.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

pistol wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:16 pm The AD is supposed to make unannounced visits to the address to confirm the player and his family are actually residing at that address. However, Ironton's AD is the head coach so that is probably not happening.
There's certain rules and guidelines to go by with this, they don't have to be living there 24-7 just a majority of time or so many days in the week. Also it's not the AD at each school that is supposed to do the checking, you can have higher ranking officials within the schools checking as well it's not strictly a AD thing.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

greygoose wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:33 pm
There's certain rules and guidelines to go by with this, they don't have to be living there 24-7 just a majority of time or so many days in the week. Also it's not the AD at each school that is supposed to do the checking, you can have higher ranking officials within the schools checking as well it's not strictly a AD thing.
If its any comfort at all, Capital, GW, South Charleston - & then midland & The High & Spring Valley each respectively and consitently have kids transferring around to one of the programs. Same in Columbus, Nati, on and on. It's not really new. Our lens is just bigger. Football itself is "bigger" than it was in the past. And so it goes. I almost see it as a non topic. Just part of it. Football = business. On EVERY level

Ever watch any youth football docs or series?

https://youtu.be/0zPuQiKqU68

Big business. You southeastern ohio fellers love your merica I hear? Getcha some of that free market capitalism and embrace the idea that if there is money to be made from anything, it shall be. I always see all the stripes and bars at these games? Well then. Cheers good sir. Enjoy. 😂

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 am
If its any comfort at all, Capital, GW, South Charleston - & then midland & The High & Spring Valley each respectively and consitently have kids transferring around to one of the programs. Same in Columbus, Nati, on and on. It's not really new. Our lens is just bigger. Football itself is "bigger" than it was in the past. And so it goes. I almost see it as a non topic. Just part of it. Football = business. On EVERY level

Big business. You southeastern ohio fellers love your merica I hear? Getcha some of that free market capitalism and embrace the idea that if there is money to be made from anything, it shall be. I always see all the stripes and bars at these games? Well then. Cheers good sir. Enjoy. 😂
Honestly no idea what you're talking about in regards to my comment, I get it you stayed off of here for awhile and then signed up for a new name but saying same stuff. I could give 2 craps less about transfers, from my perspective I don't believe OHSAA should be trying to control a kids ability to go to this school or that school, they're 15-18 year old kids let them move around however they like why is it a big deal?? Only part of it where I think it should be controlled would be during the season transferring from one school to another, start a season at one place end it at the same after that all bets are off. Honestly you worry about transfers way more than anyone this side of the Mississippi, hats off to you for that accomplishment.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

[/quote]

We shore do love our Merica…but it’s stars and bars you’re trying to refer to…stripes and bars are the same thing Speed…I mean Chilly…I mean any of the other thousand names you’ve had. You really blew a gasket with that last personality on here. 😂🤣😂

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I just seen where Ironton’s 4x200 Tram set a new school record with a time of 1:32.90 members are T Carter, L Carter, Martin and White, all Football players.

Congratulations and Go Fighting Tigers………

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

greygoose wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:38 am

Honestly no idea what you're talking about in regards to my comment, I get it you stayed off of here for awhile and then signed up for a new name but saying same stuff. I could give 2 craps less about transfers, from my perspective I don't believe OHSAA should be trying to control a kids ability to go to this school or that school, they're 15-18 year old kids let them move around however they like why is it a big deal?? Only part of it where I think it should be controlled would be during the season transferring from one school to another, start a season at one place end it at the same after that all bets are off. Honestly you worry about transfers way more than anyone this side of the Mississippi, hats off to you for that accomplishment.
Boy there's a lot to unpack here. Anyways. I don't care or mind "transfers" at all. I'm an advocate of a kids choice of opportunity being priority #1. Waaaaay waaaay ahead of our comfort levels.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:16 pm I just seen where Ironton’s 4x200 Tram set a new school record with a time of 1:32.90 members are T Carter, L Carter, Martin and White, all Football players.

Congratulations and Go Fighting Tigers………
Some HORSES out there. 👀
Attachments
FB_IMG_1650054799026.jpg
FB_IMG_1650054784654.jpg
FB_IMG_1650054806127.jpg

Return to “Football”