Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: WK7 Gallia Academy - Coal Grove

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Just curious to see if Gallia plays.. going on a month of no games played. If the game is played, Coal Grove might walk away with the W. Most years Gallia is the favorite, but low numbers can really shake things up. Coal Groves rushing attack will wear them down as the game goes on.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

It would not surprise me if the Gallia County Health Department cancelled the rest of the season.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

At this point nothing would surprise me....

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Or GA cancelled the rest of the season??? :roll:

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

I think both schools will call each other and agree not to play so that GA can play south Gallia and CG can play Manchester. Just like Chillicothe. Go find a win boys

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I can see Gallia cancelling the rest of the season due to covid and low numbers.
I would hate to this happen but reality is they are having a very rough year due to all the problems

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think game gets played unless something happens on coal grove part. Think gallia wins this game in a close one. like 28-20. Gallia kids get gassed as the work on getting back in shape after layoff. i mean it has been a tough few weeks for gallia not being able to play. But all there season goals are still achievable.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Think its there coaches last year ???

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:14 pm Think its there coaches last year ???
Why do you think that? i would not be surprised but have seen nothing to make me believe it. Job is not easy for a parent who likes to be involved in their children's lives.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Sorry Head Coach .

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

I think this game could go either way. But Gallia always plays tough against Coal Grove. I think it’ll be a low scoring game.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

Coal Grove too much for the inactive Devils. Hall and Simpson each run for over 125 yards. CG-35...GA-14

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

i think Gallia academy will look very sloppy offensively and defensively. My understanding is we still be a few kids not available. The nicest thing i see is Gallia has enough athletic ability to have a few big plays. see that being enough to hold off coal grove.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:29 pm i think Gallia academy will look very sloppy offensively and defensively. My understanding is we still be a few kids not available. The nicest thing i see is Gallia has enough athletic ability to have a few big plays. see that being enough to hold off coal grove.
Have some of the players been able to practice, or did the Health Department shut down the entire program?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:22 pm
svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:29 pm i think Gallia academy will look very sloppy offensively and defensively. My understanding is we still be a few kids not available. The nicest thing i see is Gallia has enough athletic ability to have a few big plays. see that being enough to hold off coal grove.
Have some of the players been able to practice, or did the Health Department shut down the entire program?
Basically they have been able to be back out of quarantine as of last Friday Or Saturday. I can tell you I get off work about time practice let’s put seems like everyone or most everyone there. Looked to me like a lot of the difference makers are available

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

They were getting in their cars or parents cars Tuesday and Wednesday when I got off work.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll give CG the edge. historically it's been a great series.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:32 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:22 pm
Basically they have been able to be back out of quarantine as of last Friday Or Saturday. I can tell you I get off work about time practice let’s put seems like everyone or most everyone there. Looked to me like a lot of the difference makers are available
Thanks svac83.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Will they be a game Friday ??? As one student put it players are black ballen practice ?

Return to “Football”