wk 2: Marietta (0-1) @ River (0-1)

surfsider
All State

wk 2: Marietta (0-1) @ River (0-1)

Post by surfsider »

Didn't see a thread on this one. Anyone know much about them?

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
pioneer19
All Conference

Re: wk 2: Marietta (0-1) @ River (0-1)

Post by pioneer19 »

Not really sure what to expect in this one. Looked like the same old Marietta in week 1, down 42-0 at halftime to New Philly. Marietta's strength is its line and they have a solid running back in Bartlett. Sophomore QB will be getting his second start tonight. Defense got torched last week, but i'm not sure River has the weapons the Quakers do.

River usually has a nice team, and I expect them to be a challenge for MHS despite the size difference.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

pioneer19,
I agree it'll be a challenge for River in this one. New Philly has a lot of weapons but met its match at Steubenville last night.

Should be interesting to see if River can stop Bartlett because they couldn't stop Bellaire's run game last week.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:39 am Not really sure what to expect in this one. Looked like the same old Marietta in week 1, down 42-0 at halftime to New Philly. Marietta's strength is its line and they have a solid running back in Bartlett. Sophomore QB will be getting his second start tonight. Defense got torched last week, but i'm not sure River has the weapons the Quakers do.

River usually has a nice team, and I expect them to be a challenge for MHS despite the size difference.
Dont know much about Marietta but its hard to judge having to open with buzzsaw in New Philly. Them and Dover are just in complete different class then the schools down here their size like Marietta, Warren, Athens. My buddy who is a Logan fan said they were very big up front and could run the ball in their jamboree, but they didn't really throw it a lot. Makes sense if sophomore QB like you said. Also said their defense gave up a couple big run plays. Taht's all i know. havent heard anything on River.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Post by MttaFan »

It was really hard to tell anything about Marietta last week as New Philly was so much better from the opening whistle. Huge mismatch. Marietta's running back competed all night and seemed to come out healthy. If they can run the ball and not rely on the young QB to make plays they should hang around. Defense looked poor but that may be the level of competition they played.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

River 35
Marietta 14

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Congrats to the Pilots on the win. Anyone got a rundown of this one?

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

pretty bad that marietta can’t beat a d7 school

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Shocked that Marietta football has been this for, mostly, a long time.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

blackshooky wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:05 am pretty bad that marietta can’t beat a d7 school
A D7 school that’s had a fairly impressive 15 plus year track record..

Return to “Football”