regional finals?

MrFirstTake
SE

regional finals?

Post by MrFirstTake »

So the highest rated seed will have the choice to host the regional final and the final 4 games are at neutral sites?
I wonder which team would choose not to play at home i the regional final though?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
dilligaf
S

Re: regional finals?

Post by dilligaf »

None lol

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

dilligaf wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:40 pmNone lol
Thats what im thinking why even make it an option??

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Unbelievable this year, 2021 can't come fast enough.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:46 am Unbelievable this year, 2021 can't come fast enough.
[/

For sure

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:54 pm So the highest rated seed will have the choice to host the regional final and the final 4 games are at neutral sites?
I wonder which team would choose not to play at home i the regional final though?
Some are moving to neutral sites to accommodate more fans. I saw that kirtland is doing that this week in order to have more fans at the game. Me personally I'd rather play at my home field, but there are teams moving to allow more fans

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:54 pm So the highest rated seed will have the choice to host the regional final and the final 4 games are at neutral sites?
Some are moving to neutral sites to accommodate more fans. I saw that kirtland is doing that this week in order to have more fans at the game. Me personally I'd rather play at my home field, but there are teams moving to allow more fans
If this is the case i would love to see a game at OU even though it wont happen

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:04 am
I agree. OK would be the perfect place for the Ironton - Ridgewood game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:46 am Unbelievable this year, 2021 can't come fast enough.

Been a strange one for sure.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:25 am

Or the Burg-Ironton game!!!! :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

My logic is with Covid, you never know what might happen. Just ask Chillicothe that.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

If a teams decides to have the regional final at a neutral they can have more fans go to the games if it’s at a bigger venue.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Lancaster, which would be at 819 under the 15% rule, would be the better host for a hypothetical Ironton-Ridgewood as OU would likely not host.

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

The OHSAA memo on Oct 1st stated “the higher seeded team could host their playoff game up to at least the Regional Semifinals. The Regional Finals, State Semifinals, and State Finals site would be determined by the OHSAA.”

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Have they announced anything about the state finals yet. Had not seen anything on the website.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

sykesb2 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:31 pm The OHSAA memo on Oct 1st stated “the higher seeded team could host their playoff game up to at least the Regional Semifinals. The Regional Finals, State Semifinals, and State Finals site would be determined by the OHSAA.”
Correct

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:22 pm Lancaster, which would be at 819 under the 15% rule, would be the better host for a hypothetical Ironton-Ridgewood as OU would likely not host.
True but they held playoff games at OU years ago and it is a great venue.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:04 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:22 pm Lancaster, which would be at 819 under the 15% rule, would be the better host for a hypothetical Ironton-Ridgewood as OU would likely not host.
True but they held playoff games at OU years ago and it is a great venue.
OHIO is not letting ANY outside groups on campus.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:25 am

Thats really the game i was hinting at but i dont want to get ahead of my self both teams have to take care of business first

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

We know ou wont host just a place i would love to go watch a game again. have not been since waverly got beat down by desales in 2006 right after gallipolis was dismantled by new albany

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

From an update posted on October 22:

Football Playoffs Continue
The 2020 OHSAA Football Playoffs continue Friday and Saturday, Oct. 23 and 24. Divisions, I, II, III and VII will play on Friday nights
and Divisions IV, V and VI will play on Saturday nights. Each division will have seven playoff rounds with the exception of Division I,
which will have six. Division I will hold its championship game on Friday, Nov. 13, while Divisions II through VII will be played the
following week.

For the Regional Finals, the higher seeded team will have the choice to host the contest and may choose to host the contest at a site
other than their home site.
For the State Semifinals, contests will be played at neutral sites and will be based on the best site
available (equal travel distance is not a consideration).

This is purely a guess on my part, but I think the OHSAA wants to make sure the regional finals are played on turf. So, I think they'll tell any schools with a grass field to move it to a nearby site that has turf. I can also see some school wanting to move to a larger facility to get more fans in.

Return to “Football”