Piketon @ Harvest Prep

mikepike
All State

Piketon @ Harvest Prep

Post by mikepike »

After last weeks heart stopper at Minford, what does this week have in store for the Streaks? I know absolutely nothing about HP other than their record. What are the strengths and weaknesses of HP? Do the Streaks have a chance in this one?

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Re: Piketon @ Harvest Prep

Post by Bumpy »

I always root for the SVC when they play other conferences, this would be a huge upset. HP beating Ready tells me that they must be pretty good, and seem to score quite a few pts. We all know that Piketon can score, but can their defense make HP punt once or maybe twice the entire game? I have a feeling that HP wins something like 55-28.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think Piketons playoff road ends here. Idk much about HPs D, but I do know their offense is pretty good. Run a decent amount of play action and their QB can run as well. They have nice team speed it looked like. I just don’t think Piketon will be able to come up with as many stops as they did against minford. Piketon may be able to score some, but don’t believe their offense will be able to carry the team like they did pretty much all year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:26 am After last weeks heart stopper at Minford, what does this week have in store for the Streaks? I know absolutely nothing about HP other than their record. What are the strengths and weaknesses of HP? Do the Streaks have a chance in this one?
They have a running back that might go for 500 yards Saturday. That would be my biggest concern if I was Piketon

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

mlittle wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:04 am
mikepike wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:26 am After last weeks heart stopper at Minford, what does this week have in store for the Streaks? I know absolutely nothing about HP other than their record. What are the strengths and weaknesses of HP? Do the Streaks have a chance in this one?
They have a running back that might go for 500 yards Saturday. That would be my biggest concern if I was Piketon
It’s sad to say, but that very well could happen. Jennings is very good... he has 1200+ yards and 16 touchdowns in the shortened 6 game season. Minford had some good athletes, but they didn’t have a player like this. If EVL was 100% during Saturday’s game, he may be close but idk. Piketon really struggled tackling in the Minford game, missed a lot of arm tackles. If they don’t clean that up it will be a long night. Piketon also doesn’t seem to have a ton of team speed on D, their linebackers in particular. That may really hurt this week. Hopefully they are able to just score with HP, only chance I really see them having.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:34 am
mlittle wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:04 am
It’s sad to say, but that very well could happen. Jennings is very good... he has 1200+ yards and 16 touchdowns in the shortened 6 game season. Minford had some good athletes, but they didn’t have a player like this. If EVL was 100% during Saturday’s game, he may be close but idk. Piketon really struggled tackling in the Minford game, missed a lot of arm tackles. If they don’t clean that up it will be a long night. Piketon also doesn’t seem to have a ton of team speed on D, their linebackers in particular. That may really hurt this week. Hopefully they are able to just score with HP, only chance I really see them having.
He might double those numbers Saturday

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Prep by 21 @ home.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

So this is an interesting game. HP coaches spoke very highly of the Piketon quarterback, and think he’s one of the better players they will have seen to date.

This is clichéd, but true: Piketon cannot afford to turn the ball over in this game. No matter if it’s just once or whatever part of the field. HP is also a team that Piketon’s D is going to need to be able to play four downs against at all times. There might be a slight advantage in the trenches for the Streaks, but depending on how many of their big boys play on both sides of the ball that may get negated over the course of the night. HP is definitely not Ironton (gold standard) when it comes to physicality inside the hashes, but HP is just wicked fast in the second and third levels. HP’s skill players, LB’s and secondary definitely have hit the weights.

I don’t foresee an HP blowout— but I do see HP just having too much ball IQ + speed + discipline on defense for Piketon to win a shootout. When it comes to Piketon D vs HP offense: I’m not going to put an outsized emphasis on Piketon’s previous defensive performances against good offenses, but the problems that HP is going to pose offensively are going to take more than a week’s worth of preparation and film study to gameplan for.

Warriors by 16, and I think HP’s overall speed becomes the decisive factor by mid-3rd quarter.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

One other thing I'll say about playing HP: it's an absolute grind for coaches and players.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Going to be a tough one for the Redstreaks for sure. I think the Redstreaks can and will score their fair share but my biggest question is can the Redstreaks get a stop or 2 on defense when needed. Redstreaks have to win the turnover battle and control the clock. Good luck to the Redstreaks and hopefully they can bring home a victory.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I remember watching River upset Prep at Prep, so nothing is impossible.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Minford put up 51 on em (that isnt good at all) I don’t see their defense stopping a very good HP offense.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

2nd half stats for the Piketon Defense from last game, 1st possession Minford gets ball at Piketon 34 off of interception and return. 2 plays, Piketon forces a fumble. 2nd Minford starts at Piketon 12 with long kickoff return, Piketon holds to FG. 3rd Minford 27 punt, 4th Minford 34, punt, 5th Minford starts at Piketon 15 off of interception, TD. 6th Minford possession, at own 2, punt, 7th Minford 49, punt. 8th possession, Minford 35, TD this was with 2 minutes left in game with Piketon up 9. 9th possession, last 20 seconds of game no score.

Basically 8 possessions, 3 inside Piketons 30, and give up 17 points. That is the best I have seen the defense play all year. Now, who knows what next saturday holds, HP is dangerous on offenes.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Minford had some good athletes, and EVL was not 100%, but overall as a team they were not that good. Piketon will need to play twice as good as they did last Saturday on D if they wanna keep this one close.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm Minford had some good athletes, and EVL was not 100%, but overall as a team they were not that good. Piketon will need to play twice as good as they did last Saturday on D if they wanna keep this one close.
I was replying to murray about giving up that many points to Minford!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:03 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm Minford had some good athletes, and EVL was not 100%, but overall as a team they were not that good. Piketon will need to play twice as good as they did last Saturday on D if they wanna keep this one close.
No $#!^ sherlock! lol I was replying to murray about giving up that many points to Minford!
😂😂😂

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm
No $#!^ sherlock! lol I was replying to murray about giving up that many points to Minford!
😂😂😂
Rough year if that was one of the better defensive performances for the season

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:32 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm

😂😂😂
Rough year if that was one of the better defensive performances for the season
I agree. I been hearing all week about how piketons defense really stepped up in that game. Lol, yea, 51 points. Solid d 😄

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Honestly HP simply will have way to much speed across the board for Piketon to handle. Piketon's defense will not stop HP unless they make mistakes, which is very possible, my main concern for Piketon is going to be the LOS. Levi is one of the areas best QBs if not the #1 guy but I don't know that their line will be able to handle HP up front to give him time to throw. Even if they can the WRs getting separation will be a struggle look for HP to go man to man and basically say my guy is better than your guy. HP is in this position year in and year out, look for HP to walk away with this one unless they self destruct for a half and allow Piketon to keep the score closer than it should be.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

The Streaks win a playoff game which is a big deal for any team, and you haters continue to crap on these kids daily.

As adults you should be ashamed.

Return to “Football”