Shut down

Alexander
Athens
TriValley
Federal Hocking
Eastern Meigs
Trimble
Green

I know Portsmouth and Notre Dame were shut down, but may have restarted?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Suspended Summer Workouts for Fall Sports

Post by Beergogglebluez »

As of now Portsmouth starts back on July 20th. They suspended it 2 weeks over a positive covid test on a player.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

They should all shut down until a vaccine is available. This thing is going to continue to get worse and worse until people wake up, put a mask on, and stay home when at all possible. Also, when a vaccine does come out you'll either get it or get the virus, so choose wisely.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Scioto County now moves to level 3, so masks are required 100% in public. Hearing a couple schools have halted all sports activities, will likely be all schools. I guess 4 hospitalizations in 16 days was too much :shock:

https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/n ... -emergency

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:47 pm Scioto County now moves to level 3, so masks are required 100% in public. Hearing a couple schools have halted all sports activities, will likely be all schools. I guess 4 hospitalizations in 16 days was too much :shock:

It’s only going to keep getting worse until they shut everything back down if the numbers keep going the way they are we will be a level 4 in a week or 2

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:00 pm
4thgoal wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:47 pm Scioto County now moves to level 3, so masks are required 100% in public. Hearing a couple schools have halted all sports activities, will likely be all schools. I guess 4 hospitalizations in 16 days was too much :shock:

It’s only going to keep getting worse until they shut everything back down if the numbers keep going the way they are we will be a level 4 in a week or 2
All teams should have to abide by the same rules. Not doing that is giving schools advantages

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:02 pm
Izladoom wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:00 pm

All teams should have to abide by the same rules. Not doing that is giving schools advantages
The problem is there is no governing body. The OHSAA has zero authority. Right now Dewine :x is leaving it up to the districts. It's a free for all right now.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

No, unfortunately masks are not "required 100% in public." They should be, but loopholes are provided and enforcement will be spotty. I realize some make it political but everyone should have a mask on 100% of the time or we'll never stop this thing and everyone will contract it. If we have football players should be wearing masks at all times. To do otherwise ensures certain doom.

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

I think the quick fix is to cancel fall sports in these level 3 counties. It’s too late for them but maybe the rest of us can still get it together.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Ohiosports22
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosports22 »

Add Northwest to this list of suspended workouts

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Almost Champions wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:41 pm I think the quick fix is to cancel fall sports in these level 3 counties. It’s too late for them but maybe the rest of us can still get it together.
It’s not too late for anyone. Those levels are on a 14 day rolling average and any county can go in/out in a few days if the trends change.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ohiosports22 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:41 pm Add Northwest to this list of suspended workouts
Not exactly. Going back on Monday.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Symmes Valley shut down until August 1 per the Twitters.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:20 pm Symmes Valley shut down until August 1 per the Twitters.*
I think everyone should and we should push the season back one week or cancel the first one unless it’s a conference game. Maybe have a bye.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:11 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:20 pm Symmes Valley shut down until August 1 per the Twitters.*
I think everyone should and we should push the season back one week or cancel the first one unless it’s a conference game. Maybe have a bye.
Yeah, might not be a bad idea with the recent spike in numbers. And I can live with a few non-conference games being lost if they can get all conference games and a full playoff in*

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

4thgoal wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:01 pm
Almost Champions wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:41 pm I think the quick fix is to cancel fall sports in these level 3 counties. It’s too late for them but maybe the rest of us can still get it together.
It’s not too late for anyone. Those levels are on a 14 day rolling average and any county can go in/out in a few days if the trends change.
It starts and begins with how people change their actions, starting today. Literally today. It's the weekend.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:07 am
4thgoal wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:01 pm
It starts and begins with how people change their actions, starting today. Literally today. It's the weekend.

I’m not holding my breath.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Fields3
Waterboy

Post by Fields3 »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:57 am Just to keep track of what schools are shut down or restarted

Shut down

Alexander
Athens
TriValley
Federal Hocking
Eastern Meigs
Trimble
Green

I know Portsmouth and Notre Dame were shut down, but may have restarted?
Just went to a golf scramble for eastern meigs! They aren’t they are full steam ahead

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

I was just told that a football player has tested positive at Portsmouth West. Putting them out until August 3rd. Not looking good.

Return to “Football”