Assigner

fortdawg
All Conference

Assigner

Post by fortdawg »

What’s going on with the TVC? The Ohio had an assigner and the Hocking was planning to hire one. Now they’re suspending it altogether. I think we have too many Meigs County connections running the league. They have always been opposed to an assigner and this is just the latest evidence of that. The 3-division plan has been shot down so many times that they are now talking about a “floating divisional league.” What is that? Is it going to be called the Tri Valley Floating League? Someone needs to take the power back away from the Meigs County guys and bring some sense of order back.

--

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Re: Assigner

Post by Wellston Ironman »

It's a joke that the TVC doesn't have an assigner. There's simply only one reason not to want one, and that's so you can hire officials who will call the game the way you want them to call it. No matter how you slice it, that's cheating.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:16 pm What’s going on with the TVC? The Ohio had an assigner and the Hocking was planning to hire one. Now they’re suspending it altogether. I think we have too many Meigs County connections running the league. They have always been opposed to an assigner and this is just the latest evidence of that. The 3-division plan has been shot down so many times that they are now talking about a “floating divisional league.” What is that? Is it going to be called the Tri Valley Floating League? Someone needs to take the power back away from the Meigs County guys and bring some sense of order back.

--
Hey don't count us in that. Whenever our football coach tells the AD not to hire a certain crew they make sure to get them for at least 2 home games. :o

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

We typically get screwed when we play at Southern and Eastern. So I can see why those schools don't want an assigner. I think it's time for the Athens County schools to part ways with Meigs and Gallia Counties. Keep Belpre, Wellston, VC and go from there.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

If you are talking about an assigner to hire officials that's asinine. That gets us guys from hours away instead of using ones that are right here close. So the ones coming from far away are already pissed at us for the long drive. Then when we do get a local crew they're pissed cause they don't get very many games here and have had to drive hours to do games. So we get homered at home in both cases. Personally I hope you are right and they are doing away with the idea of an assigner for officials. I also like the idea of a floating league. Driving up to Waterford, Miller and Trimble every year is crazy. It would be good to not have to play any of them, or at least not have to play all of them in the same season.

Homie Chadwell
Riding the Bench

Post by Homie Chadwell »

That school supervisor over the hill has southern roots. They aint gonna be no assigner on his watch.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Homie Chadwell wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:13 pm That school supervisor over the hill has southern roots. They aint gonna be no assigner on his watch.
You ain't lying. :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think everyone is the Ohio uses an assigner except Meigs. Or perhaps they do now, not 100% sure on that one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 pm I think everyone is the Ohio uses an assigner except Meigs. Or perhaps they do now, not 100% sure on that one.
Meigs uses one now.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:46 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 pm I think everyone is the Ohio uses an assigner except Meigs. Or perhaps they do now, not 100% sure on that one.
Meigs uses one now.
From what was said at the meeting no one will be using one next year. One school said they don't need and AD if they keep taking things they do away from them. Several said the guy isn't doing a very good job so they are not going to keep using him. Sounds like it's going to be back to old times soon. I hope so. We use to get some really good crews and we won a lot more games back in the day before the assigner talk started.

Return to “Football”