2015: Chesapeake 49 Portsmouth 18
2016: Chesapeake 48 Portsmouth 13
2017: Portsmouth 34 Chesapeake 14
2018: Portsmouth 55 Chesapeake 39

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth - Chesapeake

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Trojans romp in this one. Could easily win most conferences in the area, but have to face 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the area, in conference play

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

it will be a good running night for the Trojans

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans will get there points on offense. Defense needs to tackle better. 18 minutes was all Portsmouth was on the field for offense vs coal grove. So glad to see our kicker back and not go for 2 after every score. Practice hard boys you need to win every game region 19 is tough.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This could turn into a fairly high scoring game, as the defense for either team is still a little suspect to me. I would still have to give the edge to the Trojans though, as they will have the only "Parker" on the field.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:39 pm Trojans romp in this one. Could easily win most conferences in the area, but have to face 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the area, in conference play
IMO Portsmouth would not win the SOC II conference Waverly and Minford and Burg would be very competitive and I think they would come out on top. But we will never know about that until maybe playoff time

Burg grad 85
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:39 pm Trojans romp in this one. Could easily win most conferences in the area, but have to face 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the area, in conference play
which conference??
Last edited by greygoose on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Trojans roll in this one

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Peake won’t have the horses to stay with PTown, Parker and co. Trojans 28
Peake 12

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
14U
S

Post by 14U »

I have seen burg, Minford and waverly play and with the defense Portsmouth has they would be 4th in SOC. I believe even with a defense 4th. All three of those teams has offense and defense with big, quick and strong lines on both sides of the ball with speed at skill positions.
Back to the topic: Portsmouth takes this game,too much Parker for the Peake!!! Portsmouth big!! Also Parker keeps adding on that rushing record big time in this game. I watched his dad run up and down the field against the Peake for 300 yards I believe and was taken out early. It seem like everytime he got the ball he busted long run after run that night.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 pm Peake won’t have the horses to stay with PTown, Parker and co. Trojans 28
Peake 12
I’d be shocked if Portsmouth holds Peake to only 12 points.

Who Dey!
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

14U wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm
I have seen burg, Minford and waverly play and with the defense Portsmouth has they would be 4th in SOC. I believe even with a defense 4th. All three of those teams has offense and defense with big, quick and strong lines on both sides of the ball with speed at skill positions.
Back to the topic: Portsmouth takes this game,too much Parker for the Peake!!! Portsmouth big!! Also Parker keeps adding on that rushing record big time in this game. I watched his dad run up and down the field against the Peake for 300 yards I believe and was taken out early. It seem like everytime he got the ball he busted long run after run that night.

I was just a kid, but I remember JoJo Parker having a field day against Peake. Pretty sure he reversed field and scored a few times doing so.

Who Dey!
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:03 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 pm Peake won’t have the horses to stay with PTown, Parker and co. Trojans 28
Peake 12
I’d be shocked if Portsmouth holds Peake to only 12 points.
Lol. Have faith.
Peake and DB was a close game. Y’all held DB to 13. That’s my reasoning

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
14U
S

Post by 14U »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:05 pm
14U wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm

I was just a kid, but I remember JoJo Parker having a field day against Peake. Pretty sure he reversed field and scored a few times doing so.
Yes he did! Twice that night. It was like watching a man against kids! I wish JoJo had height to him. If he was 5’11-6’1 every team in the country would have been beating the doors down at Portsmouth high school. He was strong,fast and quick but lacked the size. I think he was 5’8 maybe 5’9?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:14 pm
which conference??
Trojans could win the TVC Ohio with ease. Still have a shot at a share of the OVC. Would blast through SOC I. Would be very competitive in SOC II. FAC they'd be second only to Jackson. Portsmouth is a top 8 team in the area, I think. Top 10 at worst.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:18 am
which conference??
Trojans could win the TVC Ohio with ease. Still have a shot at a share of the OVC. Would blast through SOC I. Would be very competitive in SOC II. FAC they'd be second only to Jackson. Portsmouth is a top 8 team in the area, I think. Top 10 at worst.
Interesting take, I do think they'd be right there with TVC Ohio but to think they'd take it with ease no I don't believe that. OVC is what it is, 2 team race. You can't even compare Trojans to teams in SOC 1 consider most of them have teams with 19-24 kids on the team not even sure why you'd mention that. I think they could compete in SOCII play but I still think they'd probably fall in line behind, Waverly, Burg and possibly Minford. They won against Valley but Valley gave that game away and if I remember correctly waverly handled them fairly easy in the final scrimmage going into regular season. Yeah FAC isn't that strong this year outside of Jackson who is arguably the top team in the area. My only problem with Portsmouth, and why I have them just on the outside of my top 10 is this, who have they beat?? Valley is the only team they've beaten with a winning record and that was a game Valley simply lost rather than Trojans taking it from them. Gallia hung 45 on them. Where they currently sit in the playoff standings speaks volume to the schedule they've had. Not knocking the Trojans because I do like the improvements they've made with the passing game and not having to rely so much on Parker, but I just don't see them rolling over these other conferences like you do. Just a matter of opinion though.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:29 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:18 am

which conference??
Interesting take, I do think they'd be right there with TVC Ohio but to think they'd take it with ease no I don't believe that. OVC is what it is, 2 team race. You can't even compare Trojans to teams in SOC 1 consider most of them have teams with 19-24 kids on the team not even sure why you'd mention that. I think they could compete in SOCII play but I still think they'd probably fall in line behind, Waverly, Burg and possibly Minford. They won against Valley but Valley gave that game away and if I remember correctly waverly handled them fairly easy in the final scrimmage going into regular season. Yeah FAC isn't that strong this year outside of Jackson who is arguably the top team in the area. My only problem with Portsmouth, and why I have them just on the outside of my top 10 is this, who have they beat?? Valley is the only team they've beaten with a winning record and that was a game Valley simply lost rather than Trojans taking it from them. Gallia hung 45 on them. Where they currently sit in the playoff standings speaks volume to the schedule they've had. Not knocking the Trojans because I do like the improvements they've made with the passing game and not having to rely so much on Parker, but I just don't see them rolling over these other conferences like you do. Just a matter of opinion though.
Grey goose, one word defense! If you can’t stop anybody it’s hard to win. Being a Portsmouth guy, I hate that for the team. I always want Portsmouth to do good being an ex player

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

Not sure why everybody's thinkin back to jo jo vs the peake. Talyn went for 381 on 30 carries and four scores on em last year! Lol Unbelievable performance

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Portsmouth will rush for 500 yards if they want to. Chesapeake has a very weak defense and a pretty good offense
Portsmouth 56
Chesapeake 28

Return to “Football”