Post by mattash »

Thoughts

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: WK5 Logan Elm v Hamilton Township

Post by VetteMan »

I guess at one time or another, that a lot of schools go through a down period from time to time, whether its just a lack of talent every few years, or mayby when there is a coaching change or what. I just remember that when Scott Bartholomew was the coach at LE, everybody knew that they were going to be in a battle anytime that you had to face them. First off I don't even know who the coach is at LE, so I don't want this to seem as if I'm directing this toward him, as I'm not. It just seems as if interest in the football team is not there any more, whether it be the fans, or mayby the kids just don't care about playing any more. I really hope that I'm wrong, and that mayby they are just having a lean year or two.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

It seems to be right now just a couple lean years. I expect LE will come back stronger in the next couple of years than Circleville will. Circleville is just a mess. LE from what I understand is in a leaner year of talent, size and maturity across the boys sports than normal.

Current coach is Terry Holbert. Good ol’ Trimble boy. Most notable for being the coach who snapped the 48-game losing skid at Millersport en route to a memorable 7-3 season for the Lakers.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:32 pm It seems to be right now just a couple lean years. I expect LE will come back stronger in the next couple of years than Circleville will. Circleville is just a mess. LE from what I understand is in a leaner year of talent, size and maturity across the boys sports than normal.

Current coach is Terry Holbert. Good ol’ Trimble boy. Most notable for being the coach who snapped the 48-game losing skid at Millersport en route to a memorable 7-3 season for the Lakers.
Thank you for your response. I most certainly did not mean to be taking a shot at the coach or the coaching staff. More than anything, just the fact that it doesn't seem as if the fans are as interested as they have been in the past. I'm sure that they do have there loyal fans, who are with them win or lose, and will continue to be with them.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:47 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:32 pm It seems to be right now just a couple lean years. I expect LE will come back stronger in the next couple of years than Circleville will. Circleville is just a mess. LE from what I understand is in a leaner year of talent, size and maturity across the boys sports than normal.

Thank you for your response. I most certainly did not mean to be taking a shot at the coach or the coaching staff. More than anything, just the fact that it doesn't seem as if the fans are as interested as they have been in the past. I'm sure that they do have there loyal fans, who are with them win or lose, and will continue to be with them.
I didn’t see anything as a shot at the current coaches. Message boards are awesome, but it’s a tradition that never has caught on as well as it should have with the younger generation. And many times you won’t see people from a given school post when the team is down. I don’t seem to recall there being a big group of Logan Elm folks ever on the former JJHuddle. There’s a few that will post for hoops.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 »

I wouldn’t say Circleville is a mess. There are currently 40 middle school players, a good freshman class, and the 7th grade team is currently 3-1. Numbers should be up soon and the winning ways will be back. Right staff also seems to be in place as well. Lean years have just hit and currently 6 starters are freshman. Stay patient!

Circleville

Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

What the hell has happened to Logan Elm’s football program?!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

27/07.....Ham

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

Logan Elm’s next 3 games are against Circleville, Fairfield Union and McConnelsville Morgan which are all 0-4 and should be 3 easy wins

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Logan Elm 21 - 48 HT

Post by mattash »

Logan Elm 21 - 48 HT

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Anyone know how the LE player who went down in the 4th quarter is doing? That was a scary 15 minutes until he started moving again. Hopefully he has a fast recovery.

I noted the Braves offensive line seemed smaller than usual, and I wondered how youthful they were this year. I bought a program, but it wasn't much help. I looked up a few of players I saw on the field, and their numbers weren't listed. Didn't see heights or weights listed.

Great ad-lib by Logan Elm's PA announcer about a missing wallet and the pressbox staff removing the money before returning the wallet.

Logan Elm band's halftime show "House Of Cards" was great, hope they did well the next day at the Bands Of America contest at Fortress Field in Obetz.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Braves00 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:36 pm What the hell has happened to Logan Elm’s football program?!
Injuries take a toll when you don't have much depth. If Logan Elm was completely healthy, this team had a chance of going 6-4. I see 3-7 or 4-6 right now.

Hamilton Township was 1-3 coming in, but consider the losses were to teams who are a combined 11-4, including two OCC schools.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

HT has struggled to figure out who they are on offense since coach Hillerich left for pickerington N. Their defense is really good this year. Offense is starting to come around. If coach savino gives in and accepts that power run game is their strength now they could be pretty good. Talent level isnt where it was a few years ago but still talent there.

Return to “Football”