SE

Final: Bishop Hartley 44 Wheelersburg 6

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Thoughts?

XandO72
JV Team

Re: Bishop Hartley @ Wheelersburg

Post by XandO72 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:00 pmThoughts?
#Pain #ClubberLang

14U
S

Post by 14U »

My opinion is go with one QB and that Masters kid seems to look like the future and a true QB. He is a Sophomore? If so,keep him back there for 3 years. That might open the field up and keep all the big hits off Mathews.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

14U wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 pm My opinion is go with one QB and that Masters kid seems to look like the future and a true QB. He is a Sophomore? If so,keep him back there for 3 years. That might open the field up and keep all the big hits off Mathews.
Ironton gashed burgs offensive line. Seemed like they penetrated at will. Hartley is gonna eat good.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I was told earlier that Matthews is out for 3 weeks. Not sure that’s true or not. Big loss if so. Either way I’m picking Hartley. Kudos to burg for playing a tough team.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Coach should implement the young QB & build around him.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:17 pm I was told earlier that Matthews is out for 3 weeks. Not sure that’s true or not. Big loss if so. Either way I’m picking Hartley. Kudos to burg for playing a tough team.
If we are honest its Hartley easy w or without Mathews.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Pure stupidity for who ever scheduled a school like hartley

14U
S

Post by 14U »

XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm
14U wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 pm My opinion is go with one QB and that Masters kid seems to look like the future and a true QB. He is a Sophomore? If so,keep him back there for 3 years. That might open the field up and keep all the big hits off Mathews.
Ironton gashed burgs offensive line. Seemed like they penetrated at will. Hartley is gonna eat good.
Wasn’t there but did find a live feed after the lightning delay. It was 10-6. Then Ironton fumbled in a wheelersburg players arms but he lost it, after that it Ironton went to score. Like I said only know what I saw from feed from that time of the game! The QB in at that time did ok getting ball out and scrabbling.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

callie15 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:21 pm Pure stupidity for who ever scheduled a school like hartley
I credit Burgs ambition but its gonna be another very physical week for the pirates and after back to back brawls vs Ironton and Hartley, Ashland is gonna be licking their lips. 👀

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:17 pm I was told earlier that Matthews is out for 3 weeks. Not sure that’s true or not. Big loss if so. Either way I’m picking Hartley. Kudos to burg for playing a tough team.
Wow!! That stings without their threat out but u play with 11. I hate hearing any kid getting hurt. Yes this is a bigger team and good year-in and out. Burg had a lot of big holes to fill this year but they’ll be ok at the end.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Tough week for the pirates. Either way playing a team like Hartley will only make us better in the long run!

I would like to see #7 get a chance to play qb. Masters play receiver. And use Williams and ruby as more of a z back. Horsleys is the go to rb. I support burgs coaching staff 100% and stand behind any decision they make. They are the ones with these kids every day and I know they will have them
In the right position to be successful. I think burg will be fine after this week. They will be hungry for a win going into week 3! Hopefully the offense can establish an identity by then. Burg has a pretty good defense but they can’t win the game without the offense doing their part.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:25 pm
callie15 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:21 pm Pure stupidity for who ever scheduled a school like hartley
I credit Burgs ambition but its gonna be another very physical week for the pirates and after back to back brawls vs Ironton and Hartley, Ashland is gonna be licking their lips. 👀
Ashland might be in for a rude awakening come week 3! Never underestimate a team playing with house money! Ashland will be the weakest team burg faces the first 3 weeks by far!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:25 pm
Ashland might be in for a rude awakening come week 3! Never underestimate a team playing with house money! Ashland will be the weakest team burg faces the first 3 weeks by far!
AshLand is AshLand!
They’re going to be tough to beat!
I wish you well.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hartley just destroyed a DII school (Timber Creek, NJ) last night. Scheduling up can help at playoff time if you've got a good program and are in a good league. Many teams have been playoff bound and won over the years with 5-5 and 6-4 records but their wins during the year were over other teams that had good seasons and gave them tons of points. On the flipside you have a lot of teams that go 9-1 or even 10-0 in weak leagues and weak schedules and are out after the 1st round. Johnstown who beat Burg last year has 3 DII, 2 DIII, 3 DIV teams on their schedule in the LCL along with a couple other area teams out of league. If teams are deserving of a playoff spot at year end, the system in place usually gets it right nowadays, regardless of record.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

With or without Mathews this was going to be a big uphill battle. Hartley with a running clock in this one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Hate to hear about the Mathews kid getting hurt. That a big loss.

That being said, week 2 doesn't get any easier for Burg. Hopefully they can figure out the QB situation and compete for an SOC title.

Hartley by 21.

buckeyeball
Waterboy

Post by buckeyeball »

I’ve been hearing this a lot . I think myself and many others from what I’ve heard would also agree with you. Yes he’s a sophomore and Like the other post said, implement him and build around him . He did well for his first varsity appearance for the cards he was dealt with . Burg can bounce back . But no matter who’s at QB next week, Hartley will be a tough one.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

14U wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:22 pm
XandO72 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Wasn’t there but did find a live feed after the lightning delay. It was 10-6. Then Ironton fumbled in a wheelersburg players arms but he lost it, after that it Ironton went to score. Like I said only know what I saw from feed from that time of the game! The QB in at that time did ok getting ball out and scrabbling.

They actually fumbled twice on that drive plus Burg had the defensive chop block on that drive. They had Ironton in what would have been 3rd and long on the 45 but instead got the 15 yard penalty that put the ball on the 30 and a first down. Three big plays on one drive.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Hate to hear that about Mathews.
Miller was probably going to be the starting QB and he's out. I was hearing Nunley was going to start in the backfield now he's out. Now Mathews is out.
Even with the depth Burg has, that's tough to overcome.

Return to “Football”