TVC-Ohio: Who are the dark horses?

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

TVC-Ohio: Who are the dark horses?

Post by moorelukas »

Tyler Corbit --
Athens. Nelsonville-York.
Since 2010 the TVC title has gone to one of these two schools an impressive 8 out times out of the last 9. If it not for a dominant 2015 Alexander team, every title this decade would belong to the Bulldogs and the Buckeyes.

But this isn’t an article about the Bulldogs or the Buckeyes, it’s about the teams like Alexander. The dark horse, the senior-heavy team that might just take this league by storm. This might just be the most open the league has been in this past decade. Realistically, any team could win the league this season, but I’m taking a look at the teams I see most likely to join the ranks of 2015 Alexander.

https://www.wathsportsfan.com/sportsfan ... e-tvc-ohio

Sports101
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Ohio: Who are the dark horses?

Post by Sports101 »

River Valley! Another SR dominant another led by Cole Young! Can’t wait to see what these men can do this year!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Nice read.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Time to be a homer. Wellston will be better than people expect and will be in the mix.

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Sports101 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:23 am River Valley! Another SR dominant another led by Cole Young! Can’t wait to see what these men can do this year!
RV fans been waiting on.this class since they were playing midget ball in Meigs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

River Valley was 1-9 last year. They don't have anywhere to go but up. That being said, they were pretty bad last year and won't go that far up.
I still think they finish last in the TVC-OHIO

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

You will be able to tell more after the week two game with GA !

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

RV I hope will be a dark horse this year. I don't know about an improvement in wins, but you will definitely see a different and improved team on the field.
As mentioned earlier, it is time for this Senior class to step up. After a Freshman year of several players getting Varsity playing time and a 6-4 record, they were looked to be huge as Sophs. However, after a 3-7 Sophs year and a 1-9 Junior year, this class has a lot riding on their Senior year!

I look for big years from Cole Young, Jared Reese, Darian Peck. Seniors last ride! I hope for great things RV Seniors!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 am RV I hope will be a dark horse this year. I don't know about an improvement in wins, but you will definitely see a different and improved team on the field.
As mentioned earlier, it is time for this Senior class to step up. After a Freshman year of several players getting Varsity playing time and a 6-4 record, they were looked to be huge as Sophs. However, after a 3-7 Sophs year and a 1-9 Junior year, this class has a lot riding on their Senior year!

I look for big years from Cole Young, Jared Reese, Darian Peck. Seniors last ride! I hope for great things RV Seniors!
I honestly don't think this offense suits RV. I think they would have a better opportunity getting wins with the offense they had prior to this coach.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I'd look for Meigs to turn some heads. They have arguably the best QB in the conference, and maybe their region as a whole...

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

OSU22 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:23 am
RVRaiderFan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 am RV I hope will be a dark horse this year. I don't know about an improvement in wins, but you will definitely see a different and improved team on the field.

I honestly don't think this offense suits RV. I think they would have a better opportunity getting wins with the offense they had prior to this coach.
Part of me agrees with you OSU22, but I do think in time, Coach Pecks offense will take off at RV.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Vinton County had a strong finish to last season after two OT losses at home. They return their starting QB who saw a lot of improvement near the end of the year (he is a sophomore now). I think they will be near the top of the TVC this year.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Blue/92 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:14 pm
Sports101 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:23 am River Valley! Another SR dominant another led by Cole Young! Can’t wait to see what these men can do this year!
RV fans been waiting on.this class since they were playing midget ball in Meigs.
I don't know anything about when they were in "midget ball." But RV was awful last year. To be a contender in the TVC Ohio they would have to make a miraculous improvement.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:00 am
OSU22 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:23 am

Part of me agrees with you OSU22, but I do think in time, Coach Pecks offense will take off at RV.
bet it will be exciting to watch the raider offense this year. ive heard it will mix the texas slot t, the shotgun double wing, h-back spread, four wide spread, and some pistol flexbone

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Wellston or Meigs are really the only Dark Horse options IMO.

Return to “Football”