Re: WK3 (1-1) Minford @ Nelsonville-York

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

No brainer NY rolls

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Buckeyes still need to clean some stuff up on offense but I think they come out 3-0

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Interested to see how Minford responds here. I think they found some things offensively.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

NY by at least 3 tds

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bucks will be back to work tomorrow getting ready for Minford.
GO BUCKS GO!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I know Minford is 1-1
Through 2 games what have they done well and what are their weaknesses?

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Minford

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I would like to see the Falcons take this one. I believe N.Y will be to much for the Falcons.

FTBLFAN
Waterboy

Re: WK3 (1-1) Minford @ (2-0) Nelsonville-York

Post by FTBLFAN »

Minford receivers have way to much trouble catching and holding on to the ball. In first 2games Balls hitting receivers in the hands and not catching them. If changes aren't made the Falcons are in for a long year.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Minford will play NY really really tough. It will be a one score game either way. NY''s defense has been pretty good the first 2 weeks, but the O has struggled at times. It will be an interesting game.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

FTBLFAN wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:42 pm Minford receivers have way to much trouble catching and holding on to the ball. In first 2games Balls hitting receivers in the hands and not catching them. If changes aren't made the Falcons are in for a long year.
Catching passes won't get any easier against that NY secondary. Has to be the best in the area. And with the Little BIG 3 coming together on offense this quite possibly could be a route. You heard it here first. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The spread hasnt worked since they started sprinkling it in several years ago. IMO the wing T suited their kids better. They just dont have the athletes to run a spread and I think they would be better with Gaines and Brisker both in the backfield. Wing T worked fine as long as they threw out of it.

I remember them going out of the wing T and running the spread against Burg a few years ago and it flopped. They finally went back to the wing t and at least gained yards.

It sounded like they had several opportunities to put the game away vs Oak Hill but couldnt. Looking at the schedule, it could be a long season season for Minford. 2-8 is realistic but 3-7 might happen after dropping the game against the Oaks. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

JMO.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Why did Minford beef up their schedule by adding NY and Logan this year if they were going to be this bad? I sure hope they win a few more games to help with the playoff points, but this week will be rough on them. This week will be a physical beat down. They will get an easy week to recover with NW next week though. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
FTBLFAN
Waterboy

Post by FTBLFAN »

if Jesse Ruby doesn't stop playing family ball, 2-8 is right. It already cost him his first loss this year and almost 2. Hopefully it is not like last year where once he picked certain people at certain positions nothing changed no matter how bad they did. I have been watching Minford football for 30 years and have never seen a coach not play his best athletes. Especially on offense, not seeing anything from any offensive skilled position. I think the athletes are there. The family ball at Minford needs to stop if they want to win.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nelson/York looks like they could use Mount for now but they will work the offense out. 2 and 0 without Mount is looking good. he was one heck of a runner.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

NY should win

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I think NYB win, but they need to clean up the punt return team and 255 or so of offense won't win you many games, especially against a good team.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:40 pm I think NYB win, but they need to clean up the punt return team and 255 or so of offense won't win you many games, especially against a good team.
Agree with you on the punt return. I did notice they put a new player in for the last couple punts. As far as the offense looks like they are getting better. You do realize they lost 3 4 year starters in the backfield with the QB, FB, and TB all graduating. And the defense has only given up 14 points in 2 games with all 14 coming in 1 qtr of play. So if the defense stays healthy and stays the course maybe the offense will catch up to them here soon.
Go Bucks Beat Minford.

Return to “Football”