NEW CONFERENCE IN SE OHIO

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

NEW CONFERENCE IN SE OHIO

Post by WellstonLover »

My sources are telling me that 6 SE Ohio schools are "talking" about forming a new conference.

Wellston
Unioto
Southeastern
Logan Elm
Vinton County
Zane trace

Should be up and operational by 2019.

teach1coach2
All State

Re: NEW CONFERENCE IN SE OHIO

Post by teach1coach2 »

If true, I wonder if the openings in the TVC and MSL might mean Warren (TVC) and Logan (MSL) find a league home.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Will the TVC Ohio survive ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sounds good

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

sounds good

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

What a stingy conference. You guys have to add Logan and Hannon if your gonna do this!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

It might not look or will even be the best in area but it would be competetive among each other.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Please take Logan

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

The SVC hasn't changed since the the laste 80's and that was Bishop Flaget folding, so no major change since most joined in the early 70's. Southeastern has a history of winning basketball, ZT has been at the top of the league in multiple sports and Unioto as well. I don't see them all wanting to leave. Now an individual school, maybe.

The longest trip is Westfall to Piketon, so if it happens, I will be shocked!

Wellston to Logan Elm is an hour trip.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I bet I know how the Southeastern football coach votes. :)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I can bet money this won't happen lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

No chance in Hades!

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

If it happens it would make no sense

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:17 pm Will the TVC Ohio survive ?
Why wouldn't it? The TVC would still be contiguous school districts, even if Wellston and Vinton County left. It's not like the SEOAL where all the schools were miles apart from each other on little islands.

Warren would have an excellent shot of being added back to the TVC if this were to actually happen. Having said that, I doubt it happens. Also, two PVC schools - Fort Frye and Frontier - might be interested in joining since the PVC seems to be on shaky ground with its membership.

Lots of options for the TVC to remain contiguous. But again, I'll believe it when I see it with VC and Wellston actually leaving.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Haven't heard a peep about this around the Unioto community. This would surprise me, but if it works out for those involved, have at it.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 pm Haven't heard a peep about this around the Unioto community. This would surprise me, but if it works out for those involved, have at it.
You would know! lol.
I don't like it. Keep the SVC intact. Easily one of the most prideful conferences around.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Who ever came up with this idea I want what they are smoking. No way this happens!

If anything the SVC adds two schools and makes two divisions.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Good basketball & baseball league.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

A few takes on this new potential league (a lot actually, maybe too much, sorry):

1. I feel like this new potential league ought to take Circleville instead of Southeastern. The league looks to be primarily D4 in football and D2 in other sports, which Circleville is currently. Southeastern is D6 in football, low D3 in other sports, and would be half the size of most league members. I also like the balance that the FAC has currently (Chilli-Jackson, 2 Fayette, 2 Highland). The new potential league would be set up similarly (2 Pickaway, 2 Ross, Vinton-Wellston) and the longest travel is just over an hour and primarily US 23, US 35, and US 50. Additionally, it'll leave the MSL-Buckeye and SVC with 6 schools each, and the TVC-Ohio can add at least Warren for a quick fix so wouldn't completely screw over the other conferences.

2. If the new potential league could also look to add Circleville, McClain, Waverly, and Westfall if they wanted to get to 8 schools later on in the future as they are currently all D4 in Football, primarily D2 in other sports, and reasonably close location-wise not spreading the league out too far, but I would prefer what I had in my 1st take.

3. If Vinton County and Wellston were to leave the TVC, what would River Valley do? River Valley would lose 2 of its 4 closest conference members with the division likely expanding East into Washington County resulting in higher travel. Does River Valley stay in the TVC or do they look to reunite with the OVC and county rival Gallia Academy in hopes the OVC accepts them back or vice versa. Maybe the TVC doesn't want River Valley to leave, and while adding Warren decides to try to lure Gallia Academy away from the OVC in hopes to keep River Valley rather than add Fort Frye (or move Fort Frye to Hocking).

4. If the SVC does lose 2-3 members, do they stay at or expand to 6 schools or do they try to go back to 8 schools from 5 or 6? If it's to 6 from 5, I think they go for Waverly 1st, and if they dropped 6, they could stay at 6. If they wanted to expand to 8, their top two targets are Waverly and Eastern with Western being 3rd in line. As for further down the line, if the SOC lost the Pike County schools, it could finally lead to an OVC-SOC merger or a raid on the OVC only looking to add Ironton and Portsmouth, and then add either independent Ironton St. Joe or TVC member South Gallia (maybe both if an OVC-SOC merger).
4 1/2. Raceland, KY as a non-football OVC-SOC merged league member would be interesting to balance the larger division, if Gallia Academy was left out of the merger since KY plays 29 games in basketball, and Northwest would likely play down in football, but up in other sports (7-7 non-football, 6-6 football). Their schedule would look something like this: (12 division games [Lawrence County, OH schools], 7 cross-division games [Scioto County schools; maybe optional], 6 District-63 games in KY [Greenup and Lewis County, KY schools], 4 non-conference games [schedules Rose Hill Christian, Fairview, Ironton St. Joe non-conference locally]).

5. If this new potential league comes to be, it could be possible for that league to merge with the FAC and SVC to create an MSL like conference of 18-22 schools (would consist of schools from Fayette, Highland, Jackson [excludes Oak Hill], Pickaway, Pike, Ross, and Vinton Counties) with the FAC primarily D2 and D3 in football with 6 schools (either current FAC or move McClain down to new league and add Teays Valley), the new league primarily D4 in football with 6-8 schools (longest trip under 70 minutes), and the SVC primarily D5-D6 in football with 6-8 schools (mostly or all Pike/Ross county schools) with the longest trip overall being Hillsboro-Vinton County (different divisions) at 90 minutes, but the mass-majority of the division trips are under an hour.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

this is laughable
will never happen

Return to “Football”