Gallia Academy (49) @ River Valley (7)

BlizzardMan
S

Gallia Academy (49) @ River Valley (7)

Post by BlizzardMan »

The third annual Ohio Valley Bank Community Bowl takes place on Saturday night from Raider Field. The Raiders are coming off of a 27-0 victory over the Eastern Eagles (Meigs) while the Blus Devils dropped a tough one 14-8 at Meigs with a Meigs score at the :22 second mark of the game. River Valley has taken the first two Community Bowls, each by two scores. Who do you got this year?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley (Sat.)

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Blue Devils take this one.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Blue Devils 28-7.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Like to see Gallia pick up their first win

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

River Valley 21 to 12.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Blue devils in close won.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I really have mixed emotions about this one. I think it will be very hard for the blue Devils to come back from last week. This a team that has seen little success in years and to have your heart broken last week. That will take a lot.

But I think coach Penrod will have them ready. Real question will be can this team finish drives and take advantage of opportunities. If they can blue Devils win rather easily. If not it will be another war like last week.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

svac83 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:40 pm I really have mixed emotions about this one. I think it will be very hard for the blue Devils to come back from last week. This a team that has seen little success in years and to have your heart broken last week. That will take a lot.

But I think coach Penrod will have them ready. Real question will be can this team finish drives and take advantage of opportunities. If they can blue Devils win rather easily. If not it will be another war like last week.
Penrod can game plan really well. He may not have the horses or experience to pull out a win in this one but don't be surprised if he does.
He is also a great motivator and always gets the most out of his players.
I look for a close game either way.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I am sure the blue coaches will have the team ready to play. Being a rival game that it is makes it hard to call. My next question is a little off topic but thought it would be fun to discuss... if the blue would only win one game this year, who would you want them to defeat... I am in no way predicting we are going to only win one game... when my son played that game would have been jackson, both teams were well coached and had plenty of talent, plus it was always a game that had big ramifications on who won the league. ...

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

That's easy, Ironton.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

GO RAIDERS!!!!

GO #7!!!!

Should be a close game....bittersweet for the RV fans to watch GA best player(J. Campbell)....hoping he doesn't take this one over...

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Hope Rv wins but believe GA will pull this out

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I wouldn't say that the Blue Devils were "pass happy". At least not from what I saw in the Meigs game.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:43 am I wouldn't say that the Blue Devils were "pass happy". At least not from what I saw in the Meigs game.

I guess in my eyes 9 for 31 would be pass happy. That does not account for the pass plays that result in a qb scramble. If your best player is your newly acquired running back, I would think I would look to get him more rushing attempts than your qb has by the end of the game.

RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

I think Coach Sparling will have the boys ready for Campbell. He's the only real threat on Blues team. The passing game is not going to keep too many teams awake at night worrying. As far as River Valley goes, if Brown is on his game he could have a really big night passing the ball and that should open up the running game and that could mean another big night for Cole Young. It sure would have been nice to see Young and Campbell in the same backfield.

Emawood
Waterboy

Post by Emawood »

35-7 Blue Devils Roll

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Talk about the game!
If the recruiting stuff comes back up, this thread will be shut down.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 pm Talk about the game!
If the recruiting stuff comes back up, this thread will be shut down.
Thank you, but I will not hesitate to defend a kid being smeared.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Like to see Gallia get a win here. Maybe show a little strength for the OVC. Tough getting playoff points when teams in your conference can't win.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I saw those stats from the meigs game in the paper. I don't know why. But I don't think those stats are even close to right. I can't imagine that Gallia had anywhere close to 31 pass attempts. And Campbell isn't even the starting back. Because he is the lead of the defense. That article said pulling had like 48 yards well he had all like 35 on first drive every play was to him and on second drive probably had at least 30 more. So far Campbell has been mainly a pass option in this offense. And he didn't have a very good game of it Friday. I guess Gallia could of had 31 attempts they probably had 2 in 1st quarter a couple more in early second. Then probably 7 or 8 on touchdown drive. I don't know second half was so long with all the game stoppages I guess they could of threw it 18 or 19 team more times but doesn't seem like it.

I think Campbell going to be great for this team but unless game plan changes. Don't expect Campbell a bunch of times.

I do expect Gallia to get the ball in the hands of there fastest player Armstrong a couple of times. A kick return for about 13 yards was it last week.

Return to “Football”