Waverly (44) @ Zane Trace (31)

toast
All State

Waverly (44) @ Zane Trace (31)

Post by toast »

Rubber game of the series if you will. Zane Trace winning big two years ago at home and Waverly returning the favor last year at Waverly. This is a Saturday night game at ZT.

This should be a good game. ZT has won the SVC several years in a row and are probably favored again this year. (Although Piketon looked pretty darn good). Waverly is not as deep as last year and graduated some dandy players off last years team. ZT lost their dynamic QB from last season in Harris. Perhaps this game should be considered a toss-up?

Plenty of excitement as this will be ZTs first game on their new turf field.

Mays1
Waterboy

Re: WK 2: Waverly (1-0) @ Zane Trace (1-0)

Post by Mays1 »

Waverly by 2 TD's! 35-21

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Agree Waverly by at least 2 Td

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

Really don't know how good ZT is after their first game? Logan Elm is going to have a rough year.
This game will show how good they will be.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

Waverly wins this

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Waverly

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Waverly by 10

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

This one is interesting. Didn't know what to expect with the Piketon game.
Tigers were short handed on the defensive side of the ball but were still able to hold off the Redstreaks.
If Waverly can shore up the D a bit more and the offense keep the pedal to the medal they should be able to pull off the W.
Waverly's offense is fast with great skill players and a good strong line.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Looking forward to seeing ZT's new turf field. Exciting times for their community I'm sure. I'm curious, are there new home and visitor bleachers to go with the new field?

Is ZT more run or pass oriented this year?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

They are all run no new bleachers. Don't be fooled by the Logan elm score I think piketon may be better than zt. As I said in svc post zt was a big question this year until they lose they are favorites but like all svc teams this year they are down. I didn't think piketon would do as well Against waverly but it's tuff to predict svc this year with so many unknown players and new coaches.

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

There is no question, Zane Trace has the best talent in the SVC. Not saying they will win the league or beat anybody decent outside the league, but they have the best overall talent in the league. The SVC is hardly ever strong in football.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Fred Flintstone wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 am There is no question, Zane Trace has the best talent in the SVC. Not saying they will win the league or beat anybody decent outside the league, but they have the best overall talent in the league. The SVC is hardly ever strong in football.
I won't disagree but I do feel football as a whole isn't very good anywhere in this part of the state burg is good down here but not a state power. Waverly was better last year but still will likely go 9-1. I don't see zt going undefeated in svc play this year. I feel like zt unioto and piketon look to be the front runners. All play waverly and all will likely use that game as a measuring stick.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Zane Trace will be up for the Saturday night debut of their new playing field and their shutout of Logan Elm should not be discounted.

Waverly has injury and inexperience limiting their defense.

Zane Trace wins a close one 27-21.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Zane Trace has really struggled with pass defense during scrimmages this year.

I'd say Howell and company have a heyday on the 2nd.

Waverly-42
Zane Trace-20

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

HighLightReel wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:10 pm Zane Trace has really struggled with pass defense during scrimmages this year.

I'd say Howell and company have a heyday on the 2nd.

Waverly-42
Zane Trace-20
If you struggle against the pass you don't want to play Waverly.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:20 am Zane Trace will be up for the Saturday night debut of their new playing field and their shutout of Logan Elm should not be discounted.

Waverly has injury and inexperience limiting their defense.

Zane Trace wins a close one 27-21.
Logan Elm is really going to struggle this year. Shutting out a team with just six returning starters on both sides of the ball that started a lot of sophomores is not impressive.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Waverly played decent against Piketon, but definitely need to make some improvements. Piketon came out ready to play and impressed about everyone I believe, so props to them. The Tigers overall on offense did a pretty good job moving the ball, just need to have a few less penalties. The defense is where the most work needs to be done, which is understandable since they are down two starters. But they are going to have to learn to live without those two and get things figured out. But the good thing is, is that the season is still very young so there is still time to tie up those loose ends.
I look for this to have the potential to be a good game, I think this comes down to how well Waverly's D plays.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

This game might just be the best match-up in the area this weekend. And being on Saturday should attract a bunch of football fans. As a Waverly fan I'm hoping the rain holds off.

Zane Trace will be hyped after last years result and this being the first game on their new field. Waverly will have to be ready from the start and be ready for a very physical game. Hoping to see some fiery senior leadership to make sure the Tigers are ready from the get go! This one could go either way. Go Tigers!

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:02 am They are all run no new bleachers. Don't be fooled by the Logan elm score I think piketon may be better than zt. As I said in svc post zt was a big question this year until they lose they are favorites but like all svc teams this year they are down. I didn't think piketon would do as well Against waverly but it's tuff to predict svc this year with so many unknown players and new coaches.
For the most part, I think SVC teams are BETTER this year than last. Still the worst conference in the district. But I think Huntington, Piketon, Paint Valley, and Southeastern are better. Adena and Westfall are probably down. Zane Trace will likely be about the same talent wise. I'll defer to you on the Tanks.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Looks like it has the chance to be a rainy evening for Zane Trace's opening night on the new field. Which the turf will definitely hold up a lot better than their previous field. But depending on the severity of the rain, I think it could impact the outcome slightly. I haven't seen ZT personally, but hearing they are run heavy makes me think that a wet game could favor them a little bit, especially when you consider how much the Tigers love to spread it out. Waverly still has a strong run game, but they are at their best when they can have a balanced attack at a no huddle speed.

Return to “Football”