Paint Valley 21 Wellston 0

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Paint Valley 21 Wellston 0

Post by Slappy »

First ever meeting between these 2 teams, PV easily beat 2 bad teams and this game will be the measuring stick. I saw some of the PV game last night and they certainly have speed, will be interesting to see how their O and D lines fare against the bigger Wellston front. I think this will be close and could go either way.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 3: PV @ Wellston

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have added this game to my slate of week three games.
I was heading to Newark to watch, Newark host Marion Harding.

This will be my first trip to Wellston for a game.
Tell me about the stadium and surroundings.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Lcf not gonna lie not much to the stadium or the area. But we love our football.

food wise id suggest a veal and ski pop..from the lil dairy corner shop

pay to park at the field is 2 bucks.

visitor and home bleachers small not sure how well pv travels.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Licking county fan , if you come early enough go down town and eat at the Mexican restaurant Viva Jalisco, Good food and they make a great Margaretta.
The stadium was built in 1928. not a lot of seating on either side. playing surface is grass and is alright not great but decent nonetheless.
The town is in poor condition, It seems the world has passed it by it is a far cry from what it was in the 70's, Lock your car doors for sure!
Parking , I always park on the street about a block from the stadium behind Wendy's restaurant,It makes it easier to get out after the game, plus you don't have to pay.
The game I haven't seen Paint Valley, but Wellston got destroyed by a average Jackson team by Jackson's standards, The Rockets beat a bad Piketon team in week two handily, I think the Rockets are young and they don't tackle well there is a lot of room for improvement for them .
Good luck to both teams , injury free!

Walk by Faith not by sight.
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:48 am I have added this game to my slate of week three games.

I'm sorry, LOL. Best to go into Jackson stop in at Arch and Eddies, Wellston field was pretty rough but they were on ESPN when Chris Speilman, was doing stadium renovations a few years back for select teams across the country.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

If pv wins we have more potential playoff points, if not then I can be happy. Can’t stand pv.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Does Ison play football for PV?

PV well coached but I expect a Wellston

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:54 pm If pv wins we have more potential playoff points, if not then I can be happy. Can’t stand pv.
Rolltanks, are you sure you want your team to make the playoffs? Last couple of years you guys can't even score a point in a playoff game getting completely blown out. A D4 school beating up on lil ol PV and other small schools is something to boast about eh?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wellston 35
PV 14

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:04 pm Does Ison play football for PV?

PV well coached but I expect a Wellston
Yes, he sat out last year due to a back or neck injury but he’s out there this year.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Slappy wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:16 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:54 pm If pv wins we have more potential playoff points, if not then I can be happy. Can’t stand pv.
Rolltanks, are you sure you want your team to make the playoffs? Last couple of years you guys can't even score a point in a playoff game getting completely blown out. A D4 school beating up on lil ol PV and other small schools is something to boast about eh?
Actually I would feel good seeing as we have only beat them twice since I’ve lived in Chillicothe and I’ve heard that Unioto has been so bad in football for so long I like to beat anyone. As far as divisions go it has a lot more to do with how many are on your roster and how good they are. Unioto is d4 that’s great but roster size is round 40 kids. That’s comparable to a capable d7 school. We are getting better and we are trying to schedule better. McClain is done now we have Amanda next year. I doubt the ppl at pv were complaining about Unioto when they beat us every year. We play 5 d4 schools one 5 and 3 sixes. I never here ppl yell at Zane trace for beating up on the little guys and they have been winning for a long time. We make playoffs for 2 years can’t even win the league and you are hating on Unioto. Now maybe you can see why I have a hard Time rooting for pv.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:13 pm
Slappy wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:16 pm
Actually I would feel good seeing as we have only beat them twice since I’ve lived in Chillicothe and I’ve heard that Unioto has been so bad in football for so long I like to beat anyone. As far as divisions go it has a lot more to do with how many are on your roster and how good they are. Unioto is d4 that’s great but roster size is round 40 kids. That’s comparable to a capable d7 school. We are getting better and we are trying to schedule better. McClain is done now we have Amanda next year. I doubt the ppl at pv were complaining about Unioto when they beat us every year. We play 5 d4 schools one 5 and 3 sixes. I never here ppl yell at Zane trace for beating up on the little guys and they have been winning for a long time. We make playoffs for 2 years can’t even win the league and you are hating on Unioto. Now maybe you can see why I have a hard Time rooting for pv.
The real test for unioto will be playing waverly who has had their number the past 2 season and is also a DIV school

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

wellston by a couple td's

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

calpreps has Wellston 30 Paint Valley 28

Walk by Faith not by sight.
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Lets hope cal is right

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If speed can overcome size, then PV wins, if not the home team takes this one. I.M.O.

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:58 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:48 am I have added this game to my slate of week three games.

I'm sorry, LOL. Best to go into Jackson stop in at Arch and Eddies, Wellston field was pretty rough but they were on ESPN when Chris Speilman, was doing stadium renovations a few years back for select teams across the country.
The story I got is they wouldn’t let them complete the whole task bc some Wellston people didn’t want certain changes. So not much difference

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Is Giovanni's in Wellston still open ? I enjoyed it when I stopped there with my track team.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

yes they're open..

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BobcatFuture1 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:33 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:58 am

The story I got is they wouldn’t let them complete the whole task bc some Wellston people didn’t want certain changes. So not much difference
They did do some work, visitor bleachers, weight room work, maybe some paint work. Been awhile since I watched it, would've thought they would take any upgrade.

Return to “Football”