Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Pat
Varsity

Re: Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Post by Pat »

Rvfan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm Both Warren and Marietta should join a league closer to them, or form a new one up there.
I'm sure parents from VC, Wellston and RV, (the farthest 3 away) don't want to drive to these schools, especially on a school night, during wrestling and basketball season. Let alone any other time of the year! But, we aren't asked, so it doesn't really matter what any of us think.
It's funny, no parents from Waterford, Belpre or Miller were asked about driving to SG on a week night. Nor parents from NY about going all the way to RV. But you people were let in and now how ironic you complain about a possible drive to another school. :oops: SMDH

Sharon Peters
Waterboy

Ironton to the TVC Ohio

Post by Sharon Peters »

I was at a track meet this past weekend and I overheard a conversation between a couple of ADs about how the TVC would consider expansion but it has to be the right fit. So, I inserted myself into the conversation and both men were willing to talk on the condition of anonymity. They felt strongly that the school in question needed to be one with a long and storied athletic history and also needed to have the kind of facilities that would help the TVC stand out. In addition, they only want to add one team. I was very surprised to hear them mention that if Ironton would apply, they would listen.

Would this be a good move? Thoughts?

koondoger
JV Team

Re: Ironton to the TVC Ohio

Post by koondoger »

Sharon Peters wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:16 pm I was at a track meet this past weekend and I overheard a conversation between a couple of ADs about how the TVC would consider expansion but it has to be the right fit. So, I inserted myself into the conversation and both men were willing to talk on the condition of anonymity. They felt strongly that the school in question needed to be one with a long and storied athletic history and also needed to have the kind of facilities that would help the TVC stand out. In addition, they only want to add one team. I was very surprised to hear them mention that if Ironton would apply, they would listen.

Would this be a good move? Thoughts?
I never thought of Ironton, but it would make sense. They've played several of the TVC schools in the past and it would be some competition for NY in football. So I say bring them in.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

not gonna happen, travel is local where they are. and it's a great fit. they are one of the smaller schools in the ovc. it's not your ole ironton tiger team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Yeah I can see the writing on the wall. Think the TVC will let them in? They all ready apply?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hocking right?

Michael Scott
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Now you have atown that didn't want to travel, so I don't think they would go against the reason they said they left the SEOAL. Somewhere teams would have to get on 93 south or travel the river and both can be a pain. Ironton needs to stay right where they are at. Just can't see Ironton traveling north that many times during football season. Just too many negatives for Ironton in the TVC.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Dumbest thing I have heard or read today.

-100% chance this happens.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I'm pretty sure this is a troll

Michael Scott
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

mattash wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:21 pm I'm pretty sure this is a troll
With that name I would say so, ban them now.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

there is no way this happens. even though I'd love to have a series again with Nelsonville York and Athens.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

I'm not going to argue about this.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Rvfan wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 am I'm not going to argue about this.
A wise choice. Hard to argue against the truth.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

NY has voted yes on all the schools that have asked to join. Why can't we make this happen? What are the other schools afraid of? A little competition? I would live to get Paladin's take on all this.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buick
Waterboy

Post by Ground Buick »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:27 pm NY has voted yes on all the schools that have asked to join. Why can't we make this happen? What are the other schools afraid of? A little competition? I would live to get Paladin's take on all this.

I think some were afraid that expansion may also include three divisions and a league assigner. Southern, for example, would love three divisions if it gets them away from Trimble and Wahama. But they are absolutely mortified of a league assigner for officials.

BelprePride is the Screen Name Bandit.....BEWARE!
EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Post by EvilPaladin »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:27 pm NY has voted yes on all the schools that have asked to join. Why can't we make this happen? What are the other schools afraid of? A little competition? I would live to get Paladin's take on all this.
My take is, grow a set and schedule up. If possible get north of I-70, an the more NE you can go the better. If you get a real set, schedule the MAC.

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

Ground Buick wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 pm

I think some were afraid that expansion may also include three divisions and a league assigner. Southern, for example, would love three divisions if it gets them away from Trimble and Wahama. But they are absolutely mortified of a league assigner for officials.
Not mortified, just see no need for it. We do a perfectly fine job hiring officials that take care of us. If we had an assigner do that what would our AD have to do? We wouldn't need an AD, and we don't want to put all those guys and gals out of work.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pat wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 am
Rvfan wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:45 pm Both Warren and Marietta should join a league closer to them, or form a new one up there.
I'm sure parents from VC, Wellston and RV, (the farthest 3 away) don't want to drive to these schools, especially on a school night, during wrestling and basketball season. Let alone any other time of the year! But, we aren't asked, so it doesn't really matter what any of us think.
It's funny, no parents from Waterford, Belpre or Miller were asked about driving to SG on a week night. Nor parents from NY about going all the way to RV. But you people were let in and now how ironic you complain about a possible drive to another school. :oops: SMDH
Your right, at no time were the parents at Belpre asked about the drive to Miller years ago or the drive to SG a few short years back. Yes, coaches and admins etc were concerned but parents were never asked.

Somebody, somewhere has to have the "bad drive" its just a given. Thats where the ADs come into scene. You try and schedule those long drives on a Friday night in the winter and spring sports or on a night before a day that school isn't scheduled, if possible in any season.

VC never once complained to the TVC about the drive to Warren since the inception of the TVC. It has become a crutch to vote no every since Warren left. Do you know the real reason they left the TVC? Because NY and Belpre were making the football playoffs back in the 1980's, even when only the top 2 teams in the region got in, and Warren wasn't. So they left for the bigger school SEOAL for football points. Football drives the bus, the other sports are just along for the ride.

I hate the drive to Miller but when they came in it was a close conference game for Trimble and NY so Belpre went along with it. Also an easy win. There was no beef about Waterford coming into the TVC and possible travel concerns. The ADs dealt with it. I also hate the drive to SG. Like I said, somebody has that long trip that they dread. Deal with it in creative ways.

The TVC isn't or never has been a conference setup for junior high play. It is a varsity only conference and should always be just that. There are plenty of closer schools with junior high teams that any TVC member should have no problem filling out a junior high schedule.

Last talking point, turn the TVC matters back over to the ADs with input from their coaches and HS principle. The Superintendents and BOE memebrs need to focus on educational matters not the sports side of it.

Return to “Football”