Burg vs West

Nut
Riding the Bench

Burg vs West

Post by Nut »

If they both win where will the game be played?

14svt
JV Team

Re: Burg vs West

Post by 14svt »

Johnstown should not show up then

Sportsfan_guy_74
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan_guy_74 »

ive heard possibly Waverly, Portsmouth maybe

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

14svt wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:46 pm Johnstown should not show up then
I believe the key word in the original post was "if."

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

The field has to have a a fence around it OHSAA rules

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Jolly(senator wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 pm The field has to have a a fence around it OHSAA rules
Valley is hosting and theirs doesn't. They are setting up temporary barrier.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I would say if it is Wheelersburg and West it would be at Portsmouth. If it is Wheelersburg and Johnstown it could be Waverly.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

It'd make no sense to send 2 Scioto County teams to play at Waverly (although with OHSAA, anything's possible). Valley or Portsmouth would be just fine if we are fortunate enough to get the game we want.*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:10 pm I would say if it is Wheelersburg and West it would be at Portsmouth. If it is Wheelersburg and Johnstown it could be Waverly.
Nah, with Johnstown making the trip to ZT this weekend playing West and Burg at Chillicothe and pretty equal distance for all. My money would be Burg and Johnstown would be played at Chillicothe

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think this is where everyone gets ahead of themselves each year, 1 game at a time. With that being said I've got Burg winning this week and Johnstown winning so we don't need to worry about Burg vs West.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Why is this even a thing? I guess everyone wants to play hypotheticals... if both team win this Friday and that’s a big if.... the game would most likely be at Portsmouth... and west would want no part of this game.. there is no scenario where west would even have a chance.. they scored one time on burg on a defensive mistake by the pirates... wheelersburg is a much better team than west........... moving on... good luck to both teams this week.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:14 pm It'd make no sense to send 2 Scioto County teams to play at Waverly (although with OHSAA, anything's possible). Valley or Portsmouth would be just fine if we are fortunate enough to get the game we want.*
Well they did make the softball teams play in Lancaster a couple years back

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

If we are doing hypotheticals, then probably should worry about where the Burg - Johnstown game will be played.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:36 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:10 pm I would say if it is Wheelersburg and West it would be at Portsmouth. If it is Wheelersburg and Johnstown it could be Waverly.
Nah, with Johnstown making the trip to ZT this weekend playing West and Burg at Chillicothe and pretty equal distance for all. My money would be Burg and Johnstown would be played at Chillicothe
My thought, that would put Wheelersburg playing at Chillicothe two weeks in a row giving them an unfair advantage.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The rematch will take place during the regular season in 2018.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I believe when Johnstown and Wheelersburg play, the half way point is Adelphi, OH.
Closest high school to Adelphi is Zane Trace.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Feel like a Burg v Johnstown would be Athens or maybe Logan. I don't think it would be Chillicothe. I would definitely prefer Chillicothe. ZT probably lacks the seating for a regional championship game.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

Play the rematch at Spartan Stadium. Fill the levy with people!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:40 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:36 pm
My thought, that would put Wheelersburg playing at Chillicothe two weeks in a row giving them an unfair advantage.
Could be right there, at the same time though, Burg plays at Waverly every other year plus with the added time to Johnstown just don't think Waverly would be an option. Could be wrong depends on the other games in the area with everyone on Friday as well.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:14 pm It'd make no sense to send 2 Scioto County teams to play at Waverly (although with OHSAA, anything's possible). Valley or Portsmouth would be just fine if we are fortunate enough to get the game we want.*
Well they did make the softball teams play in Lancaster a couple years back
That's because with softball and some other sports, district and regional sites are set to one site the whole time. Each game location is not moved from place to place like football playoffs.

Return to “Football”