Huntington Adena Fight

Tinkerhacker
Waterboy

Huntington Adena Fight

Post by Tinkerhacker »

game terminated 11:48 in 4th quarter. Any details?

anderson2012
JV Team

Re: Huntington Adena Fight

Post by anderson2012 »

Who the hell cares? This is one of multiple threads where this issue has been begged. Conversation of such just gratifies the act, which has no place in high school sports to begin with. Are kids fighting in a high school football game that sensational and entertaining?

Make some friends from either community and ask them what happened. I was told both teams shook hands afterwards... what does that tell you about this "fight"?

@ Fredthestreak - that is probably a combination of C.Y.A. and the reality of the situation at hand. So, I can see truth to it. The game got called with Adena up 21-0 in the fourth quarter. The speculation is there was some on-field controversy over a late hit. I've heard people say that Huntington's bench "cleared", but, uh... given that Huntington probably has like three or four kids that could "come off the bench", I'd say that's mostly embellishment. By all accounts, I'll conject is was probably just a momentary brush of pushing and shoving over a heated moment during a game played in the most miserable of conditions. Given the reality that Huntington had barely a chance of making a comeback, the conditions at present being conducive to injuries or further escalating the situation, the officials made the right call to phone it in.

I honestly think people make this out to be some big deal ("fight" implies something serious, "cleared benches" is a social construct popularly used to maximize the drama of on-field conflicts - as seen in college football e.g. Miami/FIU brawl) just to make some momentary relevance of rural Ross County beyond the communities of Knockemstiff, Frankenfrudder, uh... yeah I'm out of locales. That, and to make their already boring lives momentarily entertaining.
Last edited by anderson2012 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

I heard that they actually called the game because field conditions.
Last edited by For the Kids on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Was listening to the scoreboard show on 94.3 and they interviewed both coaches. Both said the exact same thing there was a late hit and a small pushing match ensued nothing major. The game was called do to field conditions, had nothing to do with a "fight". Both coaches said the field was really bad and was getting worse was called do to field conditions and concern for players. Score was 21-0 at the time and if I remember correctly Huntington coach said they had 6 turnovers and the Adena coach mentioned they had held them to total of 43 yards at that point. Again field conditions only.

Return to “Football”